It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religion is the biggest propaganda ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I would agree that religion definitely serves as a propaganda service. But that said, religion does serve also as an ethical and moral service.

If one looks at both Nazism and Communism, both opposed to religion, one can see that where religion was missing, scientific barbarism became its replacement.

As long as they don't force feed religion, both the church and the government (to use the Christian faith as an example), then who are we to oppose the moral codes that people live there lives by.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Channy........ Buddhism does not engage followers to preach and i think that this is the only major religion that does this. I dont recognise Buddhism as a religion though, more a set of rules to spiritual well being. Every other major religion seems to be mostly interested in getting more members/power/money etc.

I was forced (as im sure 95% of other christians were) into christianity- i did not chose to be baptised! Christianity just takes advantage of the vunerable here. So you as you get older you are TOLD what is right and wrong in your wonderful forced educative system and forced christian school and told how to think. Most Christians would not hear a word against God or Jesus- it seems they are scared of their own power of reason and logic DO YOUR OWN THINKING unless you take listen to other views and ideas or you are a bigoted arrogant individual indeed.

Christians cannot question the bible(otherwise they would go to hell) therefore they are enslaved to it. I dont want people to be slaves i want them to be free.

Im tired of hearing about christian and muslamic ideals- these are not divine morals they are mine and your human virtues.

Being a member of any religion trashes YOUR human virtues and tries to do your thinking for you. I dont need to be told what is right and wrong i dont need to be told how to think.

respect.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
Channy........ Buddhism does not engage followers to preach and i think that this is the only major religion that does this. I dont recognise Buddhism as a religion though, more a set of rules to spiritual well being. Every other major religion seems to be mostly interested in getting more members/power/money etc.

i agree, tell me a religion where it says freedom to join and no need to spread ideas. if there is a religion that exists like that, should it be called a religion because it aint propaganda like?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Concerning Christianity......

Not just propaganda but hate propaganda is what i see in the bible.

I have a bible in front of me and i have some choice quotes concerning the acceptability of:

Genocide
Homophobia
Misogyny

Do you Christians agree with these crimes against humanity?? because your God does. Please this is your faith and your life so question it.....is it really ok to wipe out an entire race?? is it ok to believe that women should be completely subservient to her husband and not disagree with a man?? Do you believe that gays should be executed for the 'crime' of enjoying their sexuality??

respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join