It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Doctor Who fans! THIS IS A MUST READ!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have not slept in almost two full days. I even managed to go to school today, and I barely ate. Know why?

I finally finished my fanfiction. It is amazing.

Those of you who are huge Doctor Who fans, you are going to adore this.

The fanfic stars Dalek Sec, and the tenth Doctor.

Dalek Sec inspired me, and I cried when he died. So... I decided to switch it up... and make him NOT die.

---> Human Hybrid

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Great read! I am still reading it but I wanted to comment real quick.

I love the stories the Whovians create, absolutely brilliant!

Thanks for writing friend.
S&F4Sure!

-edit- Finished, Great story!!!
edit on 1/9/2013 by mcx1942 because: add edit

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Go on then,
I'll bite.
Get back to you after I've read it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Just reading it now.

The story is good and the narrative seems well handled, but the centered paragraph formatting makes it hard to read.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thank you all veeeeeery much

The way the paragraphs are written was actually properly indented when I wrote the story, I had it looking like a professional book. But, the fan fiction website I put the story on doesn't really let you indent, or make many spaces, or anything. That's why it's a little harder to read, sorry.

But, this is my first fan fiction, and I am really proud of it. Had to show it off

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I read it last night due to a bout of insomnia...and thought it was very good. I particularly enjoyed your exploration of Sec's discovery of being human and his 'enjoyment' of sensory and emotional awareness. If I have any criticism, and it is very minor, I thought you were overly concerned with Ginny's appearance and it began to feel a teensy bit repetitive. Other than that you're rightly entitled to feel proud, you have a talent and I hope you continue to develop it.

Well done!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thank you

I was really trying to paint a picture of Ginny through Sec's eyes (eye, really).

Ginny was supposed to be the gem that enlightened him to the world of emotion, and looking at her face was supposed to be the thing that really brought him to his human side. Sorry it was repetitive, but every time I explained her appearance, it was important to the story, because it meant that Sec was feeling something.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Ah I see, it didn't really convey that to me, the reader, and given your added contextual explanation, I still think that it was unnecessary to repeat the same description over and over. You had already given a detailed description of her appearance when we first meet her, so you were not adding anything new or expanding the reader's awareness of what Sec was feeling or of who Ginny was on the inside. I wonder if you could have made more use of simile and metaphor to avoid the repetitiveness, and aided the reader in understanding what it was about her appearance, beyond the superficial, that evoked those responses in Sec. For example, what did he see in or 'beyond' her eyes that evoked these responses? Was it her inner strength juxtaposing her outward physical vulnerability?

It was a good story, nicely paced and my niggles don't detract from that, but I am not sure that you succeeded in conveying what you intended to...that is only my opinion though

new topics

top topics

join