It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary from Syria - Assad right? Or pro government propaganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own. I think this documentary gives a good picture of what is happening on the ground in Syria. I'm not going to say whether it is accurate but I am leaning towards it being likely correct.

The video is based around journalists who are moving with the SAA in Syria and at times are caught up in the cross fires. Civilians who have lost loved ones are interviewed, A Pro Syrian media crew are kidnapped only to be rescued by the SAA. I think we are being lying to and I don't see how people can buy this anymore.

There are also confessions from a few of the rebels apparently but who knows, maybe they are just being told what to say. They explain how they would walk into peoples homes and kill them, even to the point of killing children in their sleep. Others would walk into a city, kill random people to instill fear into the population. With that, the rebel fighters would always be high on drugs to the point that if they were shot, they would not feel it and simply walk off.

The Syrian Diary is a Russian documentary on current events in Syria produced by TV Rossiya 24. The documentary is in Russian but this version has English subtitles. Most graphic scenes are either pixilated or blurred, but it takes nothing away from the message the documentary conveys.

For the lot of us who don’t live with our head up our butts, war in Syria is not what mainstream media want us to believe it is. Unfortunately, most people do live with their heads up their butts and for them seeing the forest is not an option with all the trees in the way. I don’t actually know what is sadder – the fact that mercenaries rape, kill and pillage throughout Syria for money, or that the sheep still think that they’re the good guys.

The evidence is compelling and I think it would be good if people had a look at the Pro Assad side of things. What we need to remember is that those people are human also, are serving their country regardless of what Assad has done and are only protecting their loved ones. But with that also, I think that its a great time to get this out especially after what Assad said in his speech. It seems he isn't far from the marker.

I cannot upload the video because the website asks for an 18+ conformation but the link is added above. If someone else can it would be much appreciated. The video runs for roughly 45 minutes and I'm sure who ever takes a peek will not regret it. The video is spoken in Russian but sub captions make it easier for us to understand what they are on about. i look forward to peoples opinions, thanks...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The rebels are cowards, they fight in populated areas even though Syria is wide and large, unlike Gaza which forces Hamas to fight in populated areas so there is no comparison there.

However we can compare the FSA to the post-US invasion Taliban and you will notice that the Taliban engage and ambush their military targets in secluded areas away from civilians, call them what you like but the Taliban are trully fighting for a cause, we may not understand it, but it is legitimate.

*Note: Al Qaeda and the Taliban are two different entities.
edit on 8/1/2013 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I'm with you, I think we have the degenerates from numerous societies across the Middle East and even Africa invading Syria. Even the Syrians who are involved seem as though they are nothing but two bit criminals. I don't see why they would attack their own brothers unless the government has done something against them. One of the confessions states that one of the rebels has been locked up in every jail in Syria.. I think its there way of getting back at the government.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Why is US, Saudi, Jordan, UK, France etc all arming them again then?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
Why is US, Saudi, Jordan, UK, France etc all arming them again then?

You tell me.. Every legitimate reason we have heard is nothing but one big lie. We have these drug ridden barbarians running around mutilating civilians through rape, torture, murder against every aspect of Syrian society from the children to the elderly and all we can say is "Assads time is limited". What about the people who are being brutally murdered because of our support of the opposition?

Now I'm not saying that the video is the truth either, I don't know whether you have watched it but you need to make that assuption for yourself. I cannot see a way of debunking it though.

edit on 9-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Really?

from what ive seen, the rebels are moving forward toward damascus and attacking the armies barracks, airfields, hitting supply convoys and hitting troop movements.

i've also seen a heck of a lot of Assad jets and helicopters bombard cities, towns and villages.

I'm not saying its 100% like this, but its easy to blanket a situation and focus on the weeds at the bottom of the tree's infront of the forrest.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

dont forget that Russia is backing Assad and hoping for him to come out on top.

Therefore, a russian documentary on the situation shouldnt be trusted either,!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by DarknStormy

dont forget that Russia is backing Assad and hoping for him to come out on top.

Therefore, a russian documentary on the situation shouldnt be trusted either,!

I understand that Russia is rooting for Assad but these Journalists are putting themselves on the frontline to the point they are being killed, kidnapped and tortured. I am not saying that the documentry is the truth but from what I seen in the documentary, you cannot think that maybe we are being told one massive lie.

Now when you speak about the aerial bombardments from the Assad planes, we need to understand something. Most of the areas where the rebels are have been evacuated. Not because the people want to leave their homes, because if they stay, the rebels will slaughter them. To get a better understanding of what I'm getting at, you have to watch the video. But I will leave that up to you.

The title was written that way for a reason. If I believed this was 100% truth, I would have a different title.
edit on 9-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join