It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human hostility factor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What is the present level of precieved hostility from 1 to 10. And how is this applying to present day events and history events. Is our history less violent than our present? Is Bush contributing to a higher level.

Me I think we are ten times more deadly, terrorists, rogue Bush, contemptable Iran - Israel - North Korea - Taiwan - Iraq etc. They have all been off the wall.

It is my belief the level is 10 plus, now how do we stop it do we kill off leaders invade countries or nuke them. I have even heard people will the shoot them in the street mentality go wickedly off the deep end.

The best I can tell the US contributes to 1/3 of the most publicized hotilities crossing the boundries of 7 or more countries that the US has a presence in right now.

Will the US and Iraqi elections cut the violence or make it worse or what.
Yes I know it will be worse and civil wars in Iraq are going to be going on for years when their elected Goverment is in and the appointed is out. As for the US man if Bush gets in have some friends who say they will start one here...purpetual violence and no end in site.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta As for the US man if Bush gets in have some friends who say they will start one here...purpetual violence and no end in site.

Surely your friends jest about wanting another civil war if Bush is re-elected, besides Ok. is probably one of the last states someone would want to �hoist the Kerry battle flag� in.

On to your question:

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Is our history less violent than our present?

IMO man�s desire to harm his fellow man has probably stayed pretty much the same from the beginning to present day. As horrible as it sounds, the mentality of �I want what you have so I�m going to take it� or �you don�t believe what I believe so I must kill you� is nothing new and I really don�t see it changing anytime soon.
I do believe however that due to the evolution of more and more deadly weapons, chem,bio,nuke ect., that obviously our present day has the real possibility of becoming exponentially more violent and destructive than at any other moment our history.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Ruins]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruins
Surely your friends jest about wanting another civil war if Bush is re-elected, besides Ok. is probably one of the last states someone would want to �hoist the Kerry battle flag� in.

God I hope so they can be off the wall sometimes and can do some stupid stuff. I knew them before I went for my more serious grounded life. But I changed and they didnt still have the worst opinion on everything and are facinated with what is the US went to war inside itself again you know typical , Militia mentality I have grown to see their follies and have told them they need to put away the guns and attitudes and grow as I did and fight with education not guns.

On to your question:

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Is our history less violent than our present?

IMO man�s desire to harm his fellow man has probably stayed pretty much the same from the beginning to present day. As horrible as it sounds, the mentality of �I want what you have so I�m going to take it� or �you don�t believe what I believe so I must kill you� is nothing new and I really don�t see it changing anytime soon.
I do believe however that due to the evolution of more and more deadly weapons, chem,bio,nuke ect., that obviously our present day has the real possibility of becoming exponentially more violent and destructive than at any other moment our history.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Ruins]

It surely seems we have perfected killing now can we stop.

join