It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After UN Watch protest, HRW removes Falk & deletes his name from website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In 2008 the United Nations Human Rights Council appointed Richard Falk to a six-year term as a United Nations Special Rapporteur on "the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories. Unfortunately he misunderstood what he was supposed to do. Apparently Falk incorrectly assumed that he was supposed to do something related to human rights issues in Palestine, and that's what he did.

He started publicly criticizing the activities of Israeli Government. You see he made an honest mistake because no one told him that his job was to work for the Israeli Government by making sure that the world continue believing that Israel is under constant attack and the only thing that Israeli government want is for the Palestinians to stop killing Israelis. That is all they ever wanted... Because of this silly mishap Richard Falk is now a self hating Jew who is no longer working for UN Human Rights Counsel.

Actually there are a few other things he foolishly did. For instance he never liked war and had the guts to speak out. And he wrote the preface to his friends (David Ray Griffin) book which obviously makes him a crazy conspiracy theorist.

After UN Watch protest, HRW removes Falk & deletes his name from website

I want to share good news: thanks to our advocacy, Human Rights Watch (HRW) has just expelled U.N. official Richard Falk — the notorious Hamas supporter, 9/11 conspiracist and antisemite — from one of its prestigious committees, where he helped played a key role in the organization’s global work.

Most shocking for me are the comments after the article on jewishpress.com

He responded with an open letter on his blog.

An Open Letter of Response to CRIF (Conseil Représentif des Institutions Juives de France)

I am shocked and saddened that your organization would label me as an anti-Semite and self-hating Jew. It is utterly defamatory, and such allegations are entirely based on distortions of what I believe and what I have done.

It's amazing that if public figure writes or says something that Israel don't like, it becomes a resignation letter no matter what.

Do any of you know of incidents where this happened for criticizing any other government?
edit on 6-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Haven't heard all that much about this gentleman. Guess this explains why... It makes me sad how the truth is turned around and made into lies. We really do live in an upside down world these days.

join