It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.Con.Res. 1: Regarding consent to assemble outside the seat of government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just came across this House Resolution that apparently has already passed the House of Representatives. It received no co-sponsors, or amendments.

I thought that perhaps this was a procedural bill (and it still may be) -- but I found it odd. Here is a summary of this very short resolution:

1/5/2011--Passed House without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.) Authorizes the Speaker of the House and the Majority Leader of the Senate, or their respective designees, to notify the Members of the House and the Senate, respectively, to assemble at a place outside the District of Columbia whenever, in their opinion, the public interest shall warrant it.

Open Congress

Now, I did a little digging and apparently something similar was passed back in 2011. Perhaps this is just a contingency plan in case DC is unable to house Congress? Why would that be? Could this be a vestige of the Cold War-era "continuity of Government"?

What I find odd is the lack of...well, anything about this. Have the politicians in DC been expecting something since 2011 that we don't know about? If so, what could it be?

Here's another link:
Govtrack.us
edit on 6-1-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's a pretty standard bill that's been the first thing introduced and passed for at least 12 years now according to this.

In the United States Congress, a concurrent resolution is a resolution passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate but is not presented to the President and does not have the force of law.

Source.

new topics

join