It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My health has been failing for years, but my condition is such now that the aches and pains have increased, to the point where it wouldn't take a genius to realize that I am either headed for the grave very soon, or at the very least suffer a debilitating incident that would prevent me from coming here for a very long time.

So, I just want to take a moment (while I still can) to thank each and every ATS member for participating in my threads, or taking the time to respond to my replies in the threads of others.

To those that would consider me an adversary here, I have to thank you even more. While we have locked horns and chewed on each other's mind, what you have done is caused me to think deeply on topics; so deeply, in fact, that I can forget for a time the frightful pains in my chest, the excruciating cramps in my legs, and the fearful fact that the Grim Reaper has come a'huntin' for me.

You have all given me countless hours of entertainment, a mountain of interesting truths and curiosities, introduced me to news and music and philosophies that I would never have heard or experienced without you.

Hey, I may keep on kicking and annoying all of you for another year, I dunno. But, just to be on the safe side, I wanted to let all of you know now that you have become a major part of my life - a major rewarding part - and I am so grateful to each and every one of you for being exactly who and what you are.

No need to reply. Just, thank you.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You have made me laugh a few times with your witty thoughts my friend! I am not a praying man, but I damn sure will send out some good thoughts for you!

Hang in there and stay as strong and defiant as you can! Fight your ass off if you choose, because the world sure as hell needs some more good folk like you in it!..............

I must also add, THANK YOU!

edit on 6-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This is sad news indeed.

I thoroughly enjoy your posts J!

Know that you will be sorely missed.

Good luck and best wishes with whatever path you walk next.
edit on 6/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

At the risk of having my post deleted for asking personal questions.. Can I ask how old you are jigger?
btw, as a teen, my dog (a beautiful pit) was named jigger

anyway, best of luck to you man

edit on 1/6/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No need to reply. Just, thank you.

Of course there is a need to reply ya old coot. I appreciate the advanced warning, but I think you still got plenty of fight left in ya, but since we are on the topic, I may or may not have agreed with you over the last couple of years, but I actually do appreciate your opinion and look forward to read what it is you have to say every time I see that ancient avatar of yours(as you know I do spend a lot of time making new avatars for people, but don't even think about asking me. The answer is NO). I hope you have a long time of posting ahead of you, even if you have to install a voice to text program to by pass the arthritis and poor eye site. Take care of yourself, my friend, but if you do go, I hope it is by choice and no other reason than that.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Agarta because: Most post would not be complete without a spelling correction.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

jiggerj I'm pretty certain you're honery enough to keep us riled up for a while to come! I'm going to pray for you, even though that will make you call me delusional and want to tell me how wrong I am about all of that, along with all the ifs, ands and why fors of your arguments. I'm looking forward to it!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I want you to know that i've read a lot of your posts and enjoyed virtually every single one of them.

In fact, i'm not sure i've even read one that I even disagreed with...

I recognize your avatar instantly every day, so if you stop posting, i'll probably notice, but don't worry, you won't be forgotten! Even after you and I pass, if this site still exists, we will still live on in some form.

Someone will read your words and be changed by them, like I have.

So if you do indeed pass before we have a formal goodbye, then let this be it.
Aufweidersen, till we meet again.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You aren't going anywhere, ya old codger!

I'm gonna put you on my friends list now. That should annoy you enough to stay alive and make me regret it. And that will take a while.

Seriously, here's hoping you hang around a lot longer than another year.

edit on 1/6/2013 by Klassified because: definitely a codger

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
My health has been failing for years, but my condition is such now that the aches and pains have increased, to the point where it wouldn't take a genius to realize that I am either headed for the grave very soon, or at the very least suffer a debilitating incident that would prevent me from coming here for a very long time.

Sorry, but I feel pretty sure that is somehow against the T&C, so...please refrain from that sort of behavior going forward.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I haven't been around long enough to know if you're friend or foe , but I'm guessing friend .

I know the feeling with the aches and pains , for what it's worth I keep predicting that I'll be dead or in the hospital any minute now and year after year I keep getting fooled . I suppose one of these years I'll have the satisfaction of being right .

I wish you well on your journey and hope you got a few miles left in ya .

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No,thank you,sir!

When the time comes we will set you up with one of those computers you just blink at .

I wish good health for you.

Peace,
K

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I always smile when I see Walter Matthau, cause I know it is you. Can't bear to think there will be a time I don't see you. (hugs)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have always appreciated your posts here Jigger. None of us knows when our time will be up, we just know that one day we will all get there and age has nothing to do with it. Hang in there Sweetie!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'm sorry you're in pain all the time.

I do enjoy your posts and would be sad not to see you around here. (I love Walter Mathau)spelling?

By the way... My grandma has been saying for about ten years now that she felt like she would die soon. She is still alive and well. So don't say goodbye too early.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Jogger it's been a pleasure reading your post, you were one of the first members that stuck out to me because of your avatar. I always thought of the movie grumpy old men and envisioned a cranky old guy behind a keyboard mumbling under his breath, shaking his head,
may you be blessed on your journey.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Explanation: S&F!

Humbly Accepted!

[my knees agree :shk:
]

Personal Disclosure: Greatfully Welcomed!

I consider it a fantastic honour to be a fellow ATS member!

Be Well Bro!

You are always and will aways here and [color=FF0000]♥

You cranky old sod [takes one to know one.
]

[Edit] P.S. If you wait a bit longer maybe we can both kick the can together in the twighlight zone of our lives?

edit on 7-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the edit.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Of course there's a need to reply. Even though I never really crossed your path, I always saw you here and there in different threads. Your posts always made me smile or think or laugh. Your avatar being easy to remember I always made a point to read what you said. And for the most, it's always been good contributions. That's for ATS and for that I say Thank YOU.

As a human being, I salute you and will keep you in my prayers. And I am still looking forward to seeing you here and there in different threads.

~Son.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hey Jiggerj...I want you around for a long time to come. You are in my prayers.

You bring smiles to many of us on ATS...we like you!...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just like to add my Best Wishes to you and fully concur with the sentiments of all the

posters on this thread regarding your well thought out and level headed posts. ( I don't

think i've seen any of your posts T&C'd?

Before i clicked on this thread i had been reading a thread "Liposomal Vitamin C This

stuff is Amazing - Thread summary"...I found it interesting and intend to look into it further

I thought it may of some help to you and your problems?

Posts on that thread from many long standing members are endorsing the value of the said

product for:-

# pain relief

# sharper focus

# more energy

# improvement to eye sight etc. etc......

So Jigger just

Keep smiling, Keep shining Knowing you can always count on us...Thats what friends are for!

edit on 7-1-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I am very sorry to hear about your ill health. Your posts have always been polite and from the heart, even if I haven't always agreed with some of your opinions on certain topics. Nonetheless, you are always a joy to debate/discuss with.

My best wishes are being sent your way and I hope for a some kind of miracle to happen where we can be blessed with your presence for years to come. I know it's easier said than done but my best advice is to stay positive.

Even though you have accepted your condition/position, you still seem rather upbeat so I respect your ability to express your feelings. I am truly saddened by this news and when the time comes where you can no longer post I will miss your contributions to this site.

Stay strong my friend

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join