It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packers headed to SF after 24-10 win over Vikings!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As a die hard Packer fan, I had to make a thread of their win. They head to San Francisco to take on (beat) the 49ers!

GREEEN BAY–The Packers have advanced to a rematch with the San Francisco 49ers, thanks to a 24-10 win over the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday night at Lambeau Field.

Green Bay rebounded from a season-ending loss to the Vikings to advance to the divisional round of the NFC playoffs. The Packers opened the season with a 30-22 loss to the 49ers at Lambeau Field, in a game in which the 49ers were dominant. The two teams will meet at Candlestick Park at 7 p.m. CT next Saturday.

Saturday night’s wild-card round playoff win over the Vikings was aided by the loss of starting quarterback Christian Ponder to an elbow injury he sustained in the win over the Packers last week. His replacement, Joe Webb, completed just 11 of 30 passes for 180 yards, one touchdown and one interception. Webb had passed for only 61 yards until a late-game touchdown drive.

Rushing champion Adrian Peterson rushed for 99 yards. The absence of a passing attack by the Vikings allowed the Packers defense to focus its efforts on stopping Peterson, holding him to half his production of the other two games against the Packers this season. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers completed 23 of 33 passes for 274 yards. Ten Packers receivers caught passes. Running back DuJuan Harris, who opened the scoring for the Packers by running nine yards for a touchdown, led the Packers with five receptions for 53 yards. Harris also rushed 17 times for 47 yards.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The 49ers will use them as their jock strap just like they did in Week 1

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It was a good win for the Pack. I was sure the LBs were going to have a couple picks from when Webb just threw the ball up while he was being tackled. I never thought you could make Vikings fans miss Christian Ponder.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

You bite your tongue!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

We'll see. Justin Smith is healthy again Our D-line is rested. You're playing at the stick.
I don't know what the line is, but I'll take SF by 7.5...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

It'll be interesting to see how they play each other this time with Kaepernick at the helm.

Let the countdown begin!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As a Bears fan I hope for bad things for your Packers

Should be a fun game nevertheless... Packers defense looked good tonight, I guess getting Shield and Woodson back made all the difference... But you also played Webb, who is arguably worse than any backup the Bears have ever played

edit on 5-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yeah yeah yeah!!! GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Agreed. I still don't have complete faith in Kaep yet. He's got to prove himself in the playoffs.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'll be attending the Ravens Colts game Sunday afternoon. I love the playoffs!

top topics

join