It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP. Does this really work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As many of you already know, there is a new movie that's coming out called "White Noise". It's about the Electrical Voice Phenomenon, also known as E.V.P. I did a search for this, and it said that it hasn't been already posted. I was mainly just wondering if this was real, or if anyone has had any experiences with it. Here is a website called AAevp.com that's supposed to be for an organization that deals with this kind of thing. Any thoughts on this matter?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hi Herman.

I remember sometime ago i listened to an aleged recording of Laci Peterson talking (she was still missing at the time) that someone had made. On the tape she seems to tell where her body was and who had done this to her.
I found the link from the Coast to Coast web site, which then listed the recording at Rense.com. Rense is a dubious source of anything. But the recordings were creepy!. So i dont know if its for real or not, but why couldn't it be.
Parker

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by parker
Hi Herman.

I remember sometime ago i listened to an aleged recording of Laci Peterson talking (she was still missing at the time) that someone had made. On the tape she seems to tell where her body was and who had done this to her.
I found the link from the Coast to Coast web site, which then listed the recording at Rense.com. Rense is a dubious source of anything. But the recordings were creepy!. So i dont know if its for real or not, but why couldn't it be.
Parker

Yeah, have the police attempted to follow it's directions? I'm not a huge paranormal person either, but if I were them I'd have used every source of information I could get! Thanks for the reply.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Herman]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
One thing that bothers me with evp is that its evidence consists of recordings of which may have been tampered with in some way. Although i have not really read up on it its this idea that puts me off. Although of course in the world of the paranormal anything is possible.

Having listened to one of the examples of evp on the link you provided my fears are confirmed. Just how do you distinguish whether or not there isn�t someone else [living] there with them following a script and talking in the background?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think it is a product of our minds trying to create order from chaos, as well as chaos giving the illusion of order. However, that does not mean I completely discount the phenomenon. It simply means that the level of evidence has to overcome simple probability and perception.

This could be something as simple as having two recorders and comparing the tapes. If it exists on one and not the other, it is likely a product of probability and perception. If it exists on both, well then there may be more to it.

But everytime I watch a show on TV which shows EVP, you always see a guy with one recorder.

Multiplicity of recording devices would eliminate a great many "phenomenon" which have mundane explanations.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
I think it is a product of our minds trying to create order from chaos, as well as chaos giving the illusion of order. However, that does not mean I completely discount the phenomenon. It simply means that the level of evidence has to overcome simple probability and perception.

This could be something as simple as having two recorders and comparing the tapes. If it exists on one and not the other, it is likely a product of probability and perception. If it exists on both, well then there may be more to it.

But everytime I watch a show on TV which shows EVP, you always see a guy with one recorder.

Multiplicity of recording devices would eliminate a great many "phenomenon" which have mundane explanations.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Raphael_UO]

Yeah, that's a really good point. I should request that they use two tape recorders

top topics

join