It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats to the Constitution of the United States of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Every year it seems there is more and more legislation targeting the rights and freedoms of American citizens. The extent of this tyranny has long spread across the globe in the form of two wars in two different theaters, the targeting of American citizens and foreign citizens by unmanned drone aircraft, the passage of several bills of legislation, including the Patriot Act and the Affordable Care Act. President Obama has turned out to be quite the tyrannical giant, blatantly challenging the intent and spirit of the Constitution. With a democrat-controlled Congress, President Obama's lack of leadership and inability pass meaningful legislation during his first term doesn't leave me all that hopefull that he'll accomplish much in his second term as POTUS.

Let me say that I'm a moderate in most issues, refusing to take partisan sides with either democrats or republicans. I find most of them useless as civil servants, don't trust them as far as I could throw them, and believe most of the them to be self-serving and nothing more than street criminals dressed up in expensive suits. This thread is just really poking fun at all the craziness that is Washington.

The tyranny threatening the Constitution is not unique to this administration, and has insidiously reareds its ugly head over the course of every presidency for the past 60 years. By no means is this an anti-Obama, or anti-leftist thread. I'm just listing and detailing persons, events, bills, and legislation that I believe threaten the rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Mind you, the behaviors of our so-called elected officials has only served to alienate the rest of the world. I feel its important to say that the actions of this nation do not reflect the will of its people.

As a New Yorker (Upstate NY, not NYC), let's start with this guy...Chuck Schumer...scares the hell out of me, is a total maniac, and reinforces the need for Term Limits! He believes there should be limits to the first amendment, none of them out of any ethical or moral reasons.

The War on Drugs...Really? WTF! How much drugs has the CIA allowed to filter into this country? Hell, how much drugs has the CIA transported into the United States? I could start an entire rant on the CIA and violations of personal liberties but that would take too much time.

Bad Decisions...how many governments have we toppled, or supported to topple, place a leader in power only to have to remove him at a later time, at a great cost and expense? This guy look familar?

Obviously I'm not blaming all of this on Ollie North, but you get the point. Iraq/Hussein, Afghanistan/Bin Laden, etc. It always comes back to bite us in the rear end! Always!

The Patriot Act... Where do I begin?
This act of legislation allows the federal government unparalled powers, all in the name of National Security. Any act that allows federal agents to write their own search warrants scares the living daylights out of me. It bypasses judicial review and approval. Allows for great potential of 4th Amendment abuses. Without a warrant, probable cause or even the faintest suspicion, US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) may decide to search your computer and all its files, your cell phone, and iPod when you return home from abroad. It offers the usual excuse for eviscerating the Fourth Amendment: "Our ability to inspect what is coming into the United States is central to keeping dangerous people and things from entering the country and harming the American people." Actually, its ability to inspect is harming the American people since Customs' warrantless rummaging sends some victims to prison.

Need I say more? Abroad and overseas. Brought to you by the U.S. government!

Congressional Approval...currently during this "fiscal cliff" remains at 18! That's right, 18! Wow...of course its up from an earlier 10% approval rating last February and August.

Can't we just fire these guys and gals? Would you keep your job if your boss felt you only performed at an 18% competency? I don't think so. Why do we put up with this? As one thread on ATS reported Congress received, AND VOTED, on the fiscal cliff legislation after only having it for 3 minutes, an 154-page document. Really? Did anyone even read it? I think there were 8 senators who did not vote for it. I'd like to shake their hands.

The Department of Homeland Security...a blueprint for Tyranny! Remember when President Bush hired Markus Wolfe and former head of the KGB General Yevgeni Primakov also known As Evgenii? Wolfe is the man who is credited with building up the feared East German secret police that was responsible for the disappearance and deaths of thousands of citizens. And, Primakov’s record is not any better. As skipper of the KGB he was driving force behind the machinery of state terror; a legacy that still has a chilling affect on many Russians.

I don't believe this department has made anyone more safe or secure. Do you?

Is Health Care Reform constitutional? Where in the U.S. Constitution does it say the government can force people to buy health insurance? And tax them when they can't afford it! And by what authority does it prohibit the purchasing of insurance across state lines?

And let's not forget the Military-Industrial Complex, the driving force of all these stupid wars I'm sure.

And lastly, Gun Control...

Most of the topics discussed here are obvious threats to personal freedoms, others more insidious. As others have stated, especially in regards to gun legislation, once you start giving up your freedoms the easier it is to take them. The reasoning for my placing this thread under the General Conspiracies forum may not be obvious, but make no mistake there are forces wishing to keep power in the hands of the few, and those few aren't the general public. I believe JFK thought the same...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Obama is merely using the tools available to him it was Bush and The Patriot Act that dispensed with habeus corpus and many other 'inalienable' rights the only rights you have are the ones the Government gives you.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Obama is merely using the tools available to him it was Bush and The Patriot Act that dispensed with habeus corpus and many other 'inalienable' rights the only rights you have are the ones the Government gives you.

Obama has continued most of the Bush-era policies, like the Patriot Act, and has expanded upon them. A good framework, he figures...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

Obama has continued most of the Bush-era policies, like the Patriot Act, and has expanded upon them. A good framework, he figures...

That shouldn't surprise anyone honestly.
Of course those programs would expand, Bush was never the decision-maker nor is Obama in these matters.
These are National Security choices that are never in the hands of the people who serve multi-purposes such as the smile for the photo-op.

Multi-national fascist oligarchs who hold no allegiance to any nation are the ones we should be looking to point the finger at.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Power corrupts
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There is no doubt Obama likes the trappings of his office he is after all a narcissist at least so far he hasn't done anything sociopathic or psychopathic,but he too has to look after the people that pay the bills.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Not only did Obama reauthorize the Patriot Act but he/they did so permanently.

S.291 -- USA PATRIOT Reauthorization Act of 2011. (Placed on Calendar Senate - PCS)

S 291 PCS

Calendar No. 9

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. 291

To repeal the sunset provisions in the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and other related provisions and permanently reauthorize the USA PATRIOT Act .

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

February 3, 2011

top topics

join