It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

lol well I live in a pretty wooded area so I wouldn't be to worried about that, plus my closest neighbors are an older couple who are always checking on me as it is so if the heard shots coming from my general direction I'm sure I'd have back up arriving shortly!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Guns are stupid! Why cant people just lay down and die in these situations? We dont have the resources to use on catching criminals, what are these people thinking. (for seeker
)
edit on 4-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Guns are stupid! Why cant people just lay down and die in these situations? We dont have the resources to use on catching criminals, what are these people thinking. (for seeker )

Not taken the bait! Thanks for trying!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The sheep grabs a gun.

And protects her little flock.

Good for her. And us.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Mother hiding with kids shoots intruder

yah!
take that Feinstein !!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hmmmm so her having a gun and winning is a victory for those against gun control. Lets say this guy had a gun too and after surviving the five shots he decimated the entire family in a fit of rage over being shot? Yea lets go guns!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Hmmmm so her having a gun and winning is a victory for those against gun control. Lets say this guy had a gun too and after surviving the five shots he decimated the entire family in a fit of rage over being shot? Yea lets go guns!

Your point? Or are you butthurt because it goes against your agenda?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

If he had a gun to begin with, he would have shot first at the family aka innocent one. Come on, now! You were kidding right?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
LONG LIVE THE SOUTH!!! That's why people don't mess around is this neck of the woods. If they published a map of gun owners in the Southern states like they did in NY the whole darn map would be red!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

He didn't know she was out of bullets and for all we know he was armed, after she shot him as she was getting her kids out of the crawl space to run to the neighbors, she told him if he moved she would shoot him again, I think after being shot 5 times in the face and neck if someone is standing over you with a gun and telling you not move or their going to shoot again. Your not going to move, much less try to shoot them.

Plus my original question for the anti-gun crowd was what would they do in a situation like this???

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by RN311

No one is saying she shouldn't have a gun....

Give it time, the thread is still in it's infancy.

P

LOL, the Brits will be on soon to call for her imprisonment because she shot the intruder and he didn't shoot first or some such non-sense (Brit - nothing I own "including my family, dignity, or pride" is worth taking a human life)

(American - Nothing I own is worth YOU risking your life criminal)

The eternal struggle:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Devils advocate here buttt.......Lets say the teachers in the Sandy Hook Elem shooting were armed and all fired back at that psycho because they saw some of their students get murdered and they all went into a violent rage against whats his name.

You know you are right....LETS GO GUNS!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is so sad, that poor guy was shot in the face and neck and could have died - he didn't deserve the death penalty for breaking and entering.

That psycho bitch was standing over him, after having shot him 6 times - only to realize she had emptied all the rounds into this guy (probably realized this by trying to shoot him again while he was down).

I wonder if she warned him, or gave him a chance to flee and straighten out his life. Or did she just act on a fear based impulse, her mind cluttered by all the horror stories the mainstream media parrots to scare people?

This is just sad, for all we know he could have been stealing to pay for his daughters medication - so the justice system should be the one deciding if he deserves the death penalty or not. I think she overacted, she should have just scared him away with the gun.

edit on 4/1/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Read one of your past posts! Your just tryin to jerk some chains......come on now.......

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Fired 6 shots? Jesus. That's a bit much. He had only broken in at that point. He wasn't coming for her or the kids.

That could have possibly killed him. Why intend on killing him when his intention is unknown. That's actually taking his life. I know that he "might" have been crazy, but repeat that word for me. "Might". Does that "maybe" warrant actually trying to kill someone?

I don't understand this logic.

She could have actually learnt how to aim a gun and possibly shot 2 shots... in the legs. The way the article describes it - it's as if she sprayed 6 shots, hoping for the best.

I'm not saying ban guns, i'm just saying ban them from people who don't know how to use them, like this idiot.

In actual fact, she's exactly the same as these psychopaths who go on shooting sprees, only her intention was defense... She still has the same "trigger happy" mindset of those that use them recklessly.
edit on 4-1-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
This is so sad, that poor guy was shot in the face and neck and could have died - he didn't deserve the death penalty for breaking and entering.

That psycho bitch was standing over him, after having shot him 6 times - only to realize she had emptied all the rounds into this guy (probably realized this by trying to shoot him again while he was down).

I wonder if she warned him, or gave him a chance to flee and straighten out his life. Or did she just act on a fear based impulse, her mind cluttered by all the horror stories the mainstream media parrots to scare people?

This is just sad, for all we know he could have been stealing to pay for his daughters medication - so the justice system should be the one deciding if he deserves the death penalty or not. I think she overacted, she should have just scared him away with the gun.

REALLY???? actually when to story was published he was still alive after fleeing the scene and crashing his car. so no he's not dead.

so when she realized someone was breaking into her house she took her kids and hid...... he then FOUND them HIDING in a crawlspace........ why do you look in a crawlspace if your just going to "steal money for medication"???

Not to mention he's already been arrested at least 6 times, the last time for battery so no I don't think she has to warn him or give him a chance to flee, if she had and he was armed this could have had a very different and tragic ending.

link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'm surprised she shot him 5 times and he's still walking.

When I first read he was shot 5 times I assumed he died!

Seems like a happy ending for all. Mum and kids are OK and the intruder gets to live...

link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Ummm?? You really have sympathy for someone who was forceably entering a home with women and children to do God knows what? Yea he could have been stealing to get medication for his daughter but he could also have been a mass murderer or serial child rapist. Oh that's right the possibility of this criminal being anything but a thug does not fit your agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The scumbag just got out of jail for battery, then broke into a house.. he deserved to get shot.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

he had broken in and found her and her children HIDING in a crawlspace when he opened the door that is when she fired. I can completely understand way she fired all 6 shots, she was backed into a corner and the only thing between him and her children were her and her gun, so no she's no an idiot, she put him down so they could run.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join