It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vachon......May West Snack Cakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OMG! I am so pumped! I went to my local mom and pop grocery store today, and where they used to have Hostess snack cakes, I saw these very strange looking boxes of May West snack cakes.....

First off, I must say, that this grocery store is behind the times by at least a year on what new products that the big box stores carry. Honestly it was the looks of the box that caught my attention.

Now I got to tell ya, I got these home and fought off trying em until the severe munchy monster payed me a visit, so I succumbed and tried one!

WOW!!!! These damn things are freakin awesome!

To my Canadian friends, I am really disappointed that you guys have kept these things hidden from us in the States!

Bye Bye Hostess! After tasting these sweet fluffy cakes, you certainly won't be missed!

Vachon
edit on 4-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Lulz... you're evil, y'know that? I'll be jonesin for these now until I see them in the stores; buy stock in Vachon now.

www.foodrepublic.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Vachon cakes are a Quebec staple in every kids lunch ( at least from my era ) ! But Jos Louis are way better and are also made by Vachon

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Well, I gotta tell ya, you guys in Quebec should really be thankful for having this company. I hope you can rally behind them to get more of their product into the states before some mega corp starts making Hostess products again! More jobs for you guys and a better product for us in the states, with possible expansions in Vachons future!

Win win for all of us as long as we can keep the big players out of the picture......

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

They started out as a tiny bakery around 1920 and grew quite big ! They made cakes for all the canadian troops during the 2nd world war . I think they bought out the canadian division of hostess in the 90s , that's probably why you're starting to see their products since hostess closed up ?

top topics

join