It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old suspended for making gun symbol with fingers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok this is getting ridiculous I remember when we played cops and robbers and cowboys and indians we had cap guns, bbguns and water pistols ..now kids cant even point their damm finger

Right after the virginia tech shooting my son was a freshman in high school and was texting on his phone in class.. The teacher knowing exactly what he was doing asked him "is that a cell phone" because he is not suppose to use them in class..

my son answered sarcasticly and stupidly "no its a gun" ...he was suspended for 10 days

why do we have to live in such fear because of a couple of morons.. this kid is 6 he does not know any better

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 3-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I got into trouble as a substitute at my kids' school. I was in the early childhood and a 3-year-old pointed his finger at me and made gun noises. Without even thinking I did it back. Got a reprimand.

I have been noticing with little boys (and big boys) that they are being feminized at school, not allowed to show any aggression or deal with problems in the way that suits them. They are becoming very passive-aggressive and cruel with their words, like little girls. Now boys are dealing with words-bullying that girls have always had to deal with.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out for the next generation of people. I don't think it's good at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I got into trouble as a substitute at my kids' school. I was in the early childhood and a 3-year-old pointed his finger at me and made gun noises. Without even thinking I did it back. Got a reprimand.

I have been noticing with little boys (and big boys) that they are being feminized at school, not allowed to show any aggression or deal with problems in the way that suits them. They are becoming very passive-aggressive and cruel with their words, like little girls. Now boys are dealing with words-bullying that girls have always had to deal with.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out for the next generation of people. I don't think it's good at all.

thats just ridiculous.of course you would do it back.. only a jackass wouldnt do it back

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Boy would I have been in trouble when I was a kid. We were always playing Cowboys and Indians when I was young at recess at school.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Teacher: "Okay class. repeat after me. Guns are bad."

Class: "Guns are bad."

Teacher: "Gun - men are bad."

Class: "Gunmen are bad."

Teacher: "Now, what are people who own guns?"

Class: "They are baaad."

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by goou111

Boy would I have been in trouble when I was a kid. We were always playing Cowboys and Indians when I was young at recess at school.

I remember when i was in grade school in the early 80s..Tthere was a kid named leo d---- who wore a cowboy hat and holster with 2 toy guns in it every day for 3 years

boy have times changed

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It wasn’t that long ago a kid wasn’t allowed to sign his own name because the school felt it looked too much like gun fingers. A class for deaf children and he wasn’t allowed to say his name. These schools make me sick.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is nuts. If this kind of thing were going on when I was a kid, my family would have had to live out of motels running from endless expulsions

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if the hat fits!

ONLY IN AMERICA - THE LAND OF THE FREE.

Plain and simple, this is child abuse! But, it's OK cause it is state sanctioned. Stop abusing the children!

P

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
It wasn’t that long ago a kid wasn’t allowed to sign his own name because the school felt it looked too much like gun fingers. A class for deaf children and he wasn’t allowed to say his name. These schools make me sick.

Seriously????
What kind of message are they sending to the kid, implying that signing his name is a no-no and bad?
He's just a kid....he's still innocent.

That is just plain crazy......

--DENY IGNORANCE--

Boy, the sheeple are sure being brain washed into being politically correct, what ever that means.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

In the early 1990s I went to a middle school that was next to a high school. I remember seeing trucks with gun racks pulling in to the school parking lot. The amazing thing is that the racks often had a shotgun or rifle strapped in. Nobody thought twice about it. Of course the school got a lot of heat because of the Gun Free Schools Act. So they complied even though the law was being challenged in federal court.

The funny thing is that in the 30 years the school allowed the kids to carry guns to school there was never a theft, shooting, or mass shooting.

Now, kids can't even bring a water pistol to school or point a finger. Sad times.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Ok this is getting ridiculous I remember when we played cops and robbers and cowboys and indians we had cap guns, bbguns and water pistols ..now kids cant even point their damm finger

Right after the virginia tech shooting my son was a freshman in high school and was texting on his phone in class.. The teacher knowing exactly what he was doing asked him "is that a cell phone" because he is not suppose to use them in class..

my son answered sarcasticly and stupidly "no its a gun" ...he was suspended for 10 days

why do we have to live in such fear because of a couple of morons.. this kid is 6 he does not know any better

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is bull#, we teach our kids to be fearful of things that have no moral stature. It's a shame they get away with this kind of bull#. At a middle school I attended (I moved around a lot) kids would bring knifes in all the time and show them off, the teachers didn't care. One day someone brought in a bb pistol, spring operated, no magazine, no bb's, just the gun. They suspended him for something like a month.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

It is sad... I mean hes 6.he pointed his finger and said pow big f---- deal

can you imagin getting suspended for that? If i was his parents I would be irate

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Preacher76

yeah in the 80s we could bring our bb gun or pelet gun into school for show and tell

hell in PE we were taught to shoot, in boy scouts we were taught to shoot.. Our dads took us hunting

no one was scared of guns

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

yeah in the 80s we could bring our bb gun or pelet gun into school for show and tell

hell in PE we were taught to shoot, in boy scouts we were taught to shoot.. Our dads took us hunting

no one was scared of guns

God have times changed, I have never heard of schools teaching how to shoot, boy scouts either. The only thing we got to shoot in PE was a basket ball into the net. It's sad to see how our society has transformed over the years.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

they dont still teach that in boy scouts?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

they dont still teach that in boy scouts?

Not the boy scouts I had in my area growing up. I'm sure there are still some out there that do. The ones near me only went camping and taught you about nature. I was never apart of it but I had friends who were in the boy scout, and I looked into it at points.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join