It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Zarqawi Aide Killed in Airstrike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The ongoing aerial bombardment and artillery assault on Fallujah has claimed another member of Abu Musab Al Zarqawi's network in Iraq. The aide was said to have been killed in an airstrike on a safe house, reported to have been used by the group. This following a claim by Zarqawi's group that they were behind the attack that left 50 Iraqi soldiers dead.

apnews.myway.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - A U.S. airstrike in Fallujah on Tuesday killed an aide to Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the military said, while Iraqi officials investigated whether insurgents got inside information that helped them kill about 50 U.S.-trained soldiers.

The U.S. military said the early-morning raid struck a safe house used by al-Zarqawi's group. U.S. forces have stepped up aerial and artillery assaults on Fallujah in recent weeks in an attempt to root out insurgents.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The current assault on Fallujah is not a full out assault according to the millitary, but to me seems to be just short of one. The appear to be taking a stand off approach by using air strikes and artillery. I don't think that those alone will be enough to finish the job. Eventually soldiers and marines are going to have to go back into the city, and finish the job they started in April.

Related News Links:
story.news.yahoo.com
abcnews.go.com

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

phreak_of_nature writes:

The ongoing aerial bombardment and artillery assault on Fallujah has claimed another member of Abu Musab Al Zarqawi's network in Iraq.
I don't think that those alone will be enough to finish the job. Eventually soldiers and marines are going to have to go back into the city, and finish the job they started in April.

What do you mean by "finish the job"? What "job" is that? To maim, kill, capture just the bad guys or to teach the entire town's population an evil lesson?

Sometimes reading posts on ATSNN is as nauseating as listening to FOX NEWS NETWORK.

And how many others, "insurgents" and innocents (unarmed civilians including men, women, eleerly and children) were killed in the process? I am fed up with always hearing a small propaganist part of the story, the part that makes the U.S.'s aggressive actions appear sanitary and precise when in fact they are not. Let's hear the whole truth for once.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
dubiousone: so you rather let the military be attacked and let enemy forces group together and cause more deadly attacks against them? what, they have no right to defend themselves or kill the enemy before they kill them? any commander with that coward thinking would likely have his forces slaughtered, maybe the insurgents should stop fighting if they dont want their towns attacked, the military never wanted to be in this position, they only expected to be peace keeping, they are only doing such things because they have to, to protect themselves, you act as if they have some malicious intent or like they are trying to harm innocents on purpose, you can talk and debate their actions but are you there seeing your friends being killed, avoiding mortar, ied's, terrorist bombings, are you in their position where everyday all you think of is surviving? no, so who are you to judge or impose your morals over them? i bet you'd act different in their shoes.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It is my understanding that the four houses where empty and the hospital saw NO as in 0 casualties. So how could they claim they killed him and not try to prove their claims, after all it is a great morale booster. I saw more proof of the death of Saddams sons than I have here...... For the meaning of Hussein sons death you can find the photo evidence by searching the net using the following term

photos+autopsy+Hussein+Suddamssons

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
What do you mean by "finish the job"? What "job" is that? To maim, kill, capture just the bad guys or to teach the entire town's population an evil lesson?

The job is to kill or capture terrorists. Whether or not you agree with the whole war on terror thing, those are our soldiers, their commander has given them a job, and they will complete the mission. No one wants to see the entire town killed. That is not the intent.

Another point for you to ponder... Airstrikes are messy. Even with precision air strike capability, airstrikes are messy. Soldiers on the ground are used for a finer detail mission, where they can only take out the intended target, not level a block, then sift through it for the "bad guys".

drbryankkruta, if you have a link to a source for this information, I would love to see it. One piece of info I looked for in this story was the name of the aide. It is not there, so if you have additinoal info, that would be great.

[edit on 10/26/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
drbryankkruta, if you have a link to a source for this information, I would love to see it. One piece of info I looked for in this story was the name of the aide. It is not there, so if you have additinoal info, that would be great.

[edit on 10/26/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

I will get you one as soon as I can mean while turn to CNN Headline News on Digital cable channel 42 if you have it for the live version of the coverage.
They should repeat the Broadcast in whole with updates and add ons along the way.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
namehere, my point was "Let's hear the whole truth for once." Do you have a problem with that notion?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
phreak_of_nature

I checked all the CNN / Headline news sites and it has not been updated to include the in there site but go here for BBC coverage It is pretty close to the same note part about hospitals have no casualties and residents said the 4 homes where vacant.

BBC quote "However, Falluja hospitals said they received no casualties and local people said the bombed house was unoccupied.
US forces have been besieging Falluja to try to force out insurgents. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 26/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks drbryankkruta for including that. I take some comfort in the fact that the houses were empty. But there is still some doubt in my mind as to wether or not the hospital would have received the body. I wouldn't go digging through the rubbled of a bombed house that I thought was empty. So I can't see the body being retrieved. Since the US "offically" hasn't entered the city, I wonder how they can say the got him?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Thanks drbryankkruta for including that. I take some comfort in the fact that the houses were empty. But there is still some doubt in my mind as to wether or not the hospital would have received the body. I wouldn't go digging through the rubbled of a bombed house that I thought was empty. So I can't see the body being retrieved. Since the US "offically" hasn't entered the city, I wonder how they can say the got him?

I can only pray innocents were not involved and they were empty. We should hear more about the time the Bush campaign takes another header.

top topics

join