It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent sub: Russian noiseless Borei class nuclear submarine immersed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Silent sub: Russian noiseless Borei class nuclear submarine immersed

Super-modern, powerful and almost noiseless Russian nuclear submarine Vladimir Monomakh has been put in water to become the third ship of the Borei project. The cruiser is about to begin sea trials and mooring to become fully operational in 2013.

­Vladimir Monomakh was laid down at Russia’s largest shipbuilding complex Sevmash, located on the shores of the White Sea in the town of Severodvinsk in northern Russia on March 19, 2006 – the 100th anniversary of the Russian submarine fleet.
It belongs to a class of missile strategic submarine cruisers with a new generation of nuclear reactor, which allows the submarine to dive to a depth of 480 meters. It can spend up to three months in autonomous navigation and, thanks to the latest achievements in the reduction of noise, it is almost silent compared to previous generations of submarines.

The submarine is armed with the new missile system, which has from 16 to 20 solid-fuel intercontinental ballistic missiles Bulava (SS-NX-30 by NATO classification). The rocket is able to overcome any prospective missile defense system.

On August 27, 2011, the Russian Defense Ministry reported on a successful test of Bulava to investigate its maximum range. The missile was launched from the White Sea, flew 9,300km in just 33 minutes, and then fell in the specified area in the Pacific Ocean.

Full Story: rt.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Can you hear me now?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I get a bad feeling that the Russian's and Chinese are together in this .

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Heya OP.... If it might help for info, here is the stat sheet on the Borey Class Submarines they're putting to sea. I'd recently done a profile on this for another thread and had this laying around.

I wouldn't call them completely silent. It's not Red October of the movies...but it's probably plenty to give the U.S. Navy something to work real hard at for awhile. It's certainly not something to crack jokes at like the Chinese "Aircraft Carrier". Good catch!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I put a post on here a few days back about this new sub type when I heard it on Friday last by a contact I have, they are mostly a few weeks in advance with things like this sub, and yes Russia & China have signed a pact in 2010 to attack UK & USA at the same time plus they are no longer operating in a defence mode, both like North Korea have decided to hit first with such massive force it will not be pos for America to hit them back, all good fun I feel and done in the best pos taste, get your anti radiation pills ready, plus black glasses or you wont sleep soon, you will glow so bright in the dark even with just Russian missiles without China one's too.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I think you're misreading this, personally. We don't live in a world where World War II style civilian center destruction would be acceptable to anyone. It just wouldn't be. IF Russia and China actually did conclude they could do now what neither could do alone? I think it would look more like this:

than this:

The first one was a 3.8 Megaton nuclear detonation 76.8 kilometers above Johnston Atoll in 1958. It was part of the Hardtack test series. That blast blew out some electrical systems 900 miles away in Hawaii (who hadn't been warned by the way...that's all they saw.)

If Superpowers nuked each other in a surprise 1st strike today .. I think that's how it would come. At least at first. If that didn't work to knock out and end the fighting ability of the other? Then we go to everyone's nightmares of actual thermonuclear war. I doubt it would have to go to that next step though.

One of those over Eastern Utah, one ver Kansas and one over Ohio. That's the game folks.... We wouldn't see electricity again in most of the Continental United States again for a LONG time, IMO. Happy New Year!

top topics

join