It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 3 Days... Tornadoes Will Rip Through The South Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This prediction isn't based on the national forecast, and I didn't see it in a dream or vision.

Instead I'm basing this prediction on the moon. If you're in south MS there's a good chance that if you go look at the moon right now you'll see a wide corona around the center and a small tight ring around that.

The last time I saw something similar was on Dec. 22, 2012. It was a much more spectacular display that I wrote about here but what concerns me is this poster's explanation...

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Caused by Cirrus clouds a precursor to a hell of a storm. There was a halo around the moon pre-Sandy that was scene as far away as the Mid-west.

Sure enough, 3 days later ( Christmas Day) a string of tornadoes ripped through the south and one of them flattened 15 homes not far from where I live.

So now we have an opportunity to see just how accurate this kind of predicting can be. If I'm correct, then on Jan. 2, 2013 another line of tornadoes is going to cause destruction across the southern United States. Brace yourselves folks and stay safe.

-Bone

P.S. This is what the moon looks like right now...

edit on 30-12-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Don't know enough about meteorology to comment but the argument seems a bit thin to me. If I'm not wrong, you're saying that because a certain type of cloud appeared followed by a bad storm, then, because the clouds have appeared yet again, the results will be the same? Would that not make meteorology kind of useless? I mean even more so than it already is at predicting weather.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Don't know enough about meteorology to comment but the argument seems a bit thin to me. If I'm not wrong, you're saying that because a certain type of cloud appeared followed by a bad storm, then, because the clouds have appeared yet again, the results will be the same? Would that not make meteorology kind of useless? I mean even more so than it already is at predicting weather.

There's not a cloud in the sky, just like the last one. This is about moon rings not clouds. Also the corona has gone away and the ring is now much bigger.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We Used to say growing up that a ring around the moon meant a snow storm within 24 hours. And it always snowed! My father uses to say that all the time, and he was right! Nature does speak in odd ways.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
www.weather.com...

Looking at a current weather map, there's storms in West and North Texas, Colorado, heading over into those areas.
Something may come of it, but it would be a bit unusual for tornadoes this time of year. Although with the "off" weather we've had, nothings impossible.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Caused by Cirrus clouds a precursor to a hell of a storm. There was a halo around the moon pre-Sandy that was scene as far away as the Mid-west.

Looks like you were right. The front that just came through here was a doozy. Tornado warnings all day long. Lots of damage.

Hey this is good to know if we ever find ourselves without power.

Sorry, the above sent me on the wrong trail I guess.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

When you understand the mechanics of what causes the moon ring, it becomes obvious as to why you may get tornadoes/storms etc.

The ring is from light refracting off ice crystals high in the atmosphere and the ice crystals come from thin cirrus that is typically known to precede a cold front.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
www.weather.com...

Looking at a current weather map, there's storms in West and North Texas, Colorado, heading over into those areas.

Yes and the forecast for this week says that the chances are low for severe thunderstorms, but I say they're wrong.

Something may come of it, but it would be a bit unusual for tornadoes this time of year. Although with the "off" weather we've had, nothings impossible.

This just happened 5 days ago...

McNeill residents begin picking up the pieces after Christmas Day tornado

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I hope tornadoes don't rip through the south again its a shame on all the people still rebuilding.

join