It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City council Leaders Warn of Civil Unrest..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
All I have to say to this is... Well.. Duhhh.. Its been bubbling under the surface now for a long time..

Alarming predictions of social unrest and the break-up of civil society have been delivered by the leaders of three of England's biggest cities, amid new evidence that government policies are widening – rather than narrowing – the economic divide between north and south.
In a letter to the Observer
, the council leaders of Newcastle, Liverpool and Sheffield – where Nick Clegg is an MP – issue a plea to government to halt cuts that they say unfairly penalise the north relative to the south, before crime and community tensions erupt on the streets.
Their joint assault comes as fresh analysis shows that one of the government's flagship policies to promote housebuilding and economic activity across the whole country, the New Homes Bonus, is draining money away from northern councils, while swelling coffers in their southern equivalents.
Reacting to the latest cuts announced to council budgets this month – under which a further 2% of spending reductions were unveiled by the chancellor, George Osborne, in addition to the 28% already in train – the council chiefs say ministers in Whitehall appear to be adopting a "Dickensian" view of the world, which is a betrayal of traditional one nation conservatism.

edit on Sun Dec 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I also think we can add Birmingham to the list also..

The open door immigration policy of the last government, combined with this ones cuts, the economy and lack of jobs.. The strain on the NHS due immigration.. Will in my view make this country snap very soon..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
When peoples backs are pushed up against the wall - there's only one way they can go and it isn't side ways!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
When peoples backs are pushed up against the wall - there's only one way they can go and it isn't side ways!

I like to think of these policies as purpose driven to create this unstable climate.. Because no one on earth is
this stupid surely?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
End of 2012 and the Unleashing of Evil:

TextIt’s almost 2013 and the globalist monkeys of terror are moving as fast as they can to oppress humanity, individual freedom, the Constitution and human rights.

Politicians everywhere are moving their feet as fast as they can to undermine the Constitution.

Those committed to a lifetime of slavery to the federal system are consumed with their false paradigms, leading them to believe that those who are doing everything they can to destroy humanity’s dignity are doing something benevolent like providing “safety”; such is the result of mass brainwashing and media propaganda.

It's happening all over the world!

TextFor truth and reason to prevail, those of us who understand what is happening will have to be prepared for hard times; we will have to be patient with the zombies, have the grace to stay positive and see the bigger picture. The bigger picture assures us that the failing paradigm has a timer on it which will soon run out and blow up.

www.activistpost.com...
edit on 30-12-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
wrong thread

edit on 30-12-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Did you see that video on the bbc news website couple days ago of "our mate dave" talking about what a great job him and his Eton buddies are doing running the country? There was a comments section to the article and people were super pissed! Labour are a complete joke but i cant wait to vote them back in 2015!

Have a look at these comments, might make you feel better about the situation! Surprised half of them got published! BBC Link

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Did you see that video on the bbc news website couple days ago of "our mate dave" talking about what a great job him and his Eton buddies are doing running the country? There was a comments section to the article and people were super pissed! Labour are a complete joke but i cant wait to vote them back in 2015!

Have a look at these comments, might make you feel better about the situation! Surprised half of them got published! BBC Link
are you seriously suggesting you will vote labour next time ? Are you mad ? It's just another brand of the same #

Vote UKIP for gods sake

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinka

are you seriously suggesting you will vote labour next time ? Are you mad ? It's just another brand of the same #

Vote UKIP for gods sake

UKIP is being infiltrated and taken over by mad right-wingers! Tell you what, if the unions ever set up another political party, they'd get my vote over labour!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Vote UKIP for gods sake

UKIP is being infiltrated and taken over by mad right-wingers! Tell you what, if the unions ever set up another political party, they'd get my vote over labour!

Care to elaborate on the 'mad right wingers'

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Vote UKIP for gods sake

Care to elaborate on the 'mad right wingers'

Nevermind, it would seem i am a tad off the mark on this one, i think i need to do my reading a little better on this party!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sounds like you are utterly clueless tbh

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Sounds like you are utterly clueless tbh

Feel free to "educate" me but without the arrogant tone.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Research the term "liblabcon"

Tell me something, are you a student under 25 years old perchance ?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That's exactly what i think,in fact,i feel this to be true.I get the feeling the "old England" has died,anyway,the way of life you had.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stinka

24 in April, white working class, living at home, being made unemployed from my part time temp work i picked up over xmas come this saturday, dole appointment this friday morning where i'll probably be told some BS along the lines of "You cant claim a measly £56 a week to pay your board because the people at the top believe you to be scum of the earth" - This might be followed by a 50 lashes to the back of the legs. I dont have it as bad as some, better than what it was in the 80's/early 90's

If you're about to inform me that it doesn't matter who you vote for, we always get screwed over - I agree. Ive been told this all my life, by many different people of various ages at the time, but i would still vote for what i consider to be the lesser of two evils because lets be honest here - We could be waiting years for this inevitable revolution...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

reply to post by stinka

24 in April, white working class, living at home, being made unemployed from my part time temp work i picked up over xmas come this saturday, dole appointment this friday morning where i'll probably be told some BS along the lines of "You cant claim a measly £56 a week to pay your board because the people at the top believe you to be scum of the earth" - This might be followed by a 50 lashes to the back of the legs. I dont have it as bad as some, better than what it was in the 80's/early 90's

If you're about to inform me that it doesn't matter who you vote for, we always get screwed over - I agree. Ive been told this all my life, by many different people of various ages at the time, but i would still vote for what i consider to be the lesser of two evils because lets be honest here - We could be waiting years for this inevitable revolution...

You have it worse than anyone has since the Great Depression of the 30's the recession in the 90's was a brief blip compaired to what we are into now, and believe me its only just beginning

Well never escape this unbalanced system whilst under the rule of this joke pesuedo democracy. We, us, you me and our peers need to do our best to get us out of the EU we need to stop this mass immigration, we need to work out how to become less reliant on imports of food and electronics, we need to stop out sourcing our industry like engineering etc, we need to grow our own food and stop importing it

The fat cats at the top are too bothered about profit so they outsource everything, we need jobs, there's no trades left for people like you as there's no construction or engineering industry left

Tbh we're fkd but what we can do is start by voting for UKIP at least instead of a lib lab con party

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Quote from a London taxi driver, (some time ago) 'does not matter who you vote for, the government still gets in' yep, what ever colour the party is, its the permanent staff in the UK government that tells the elected part what to do.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by stinka

You have it worse than anyone has since the Great Depression of the 30's the recession in the 90's was a brief blip compaired to what we are into now, and believe me its only just beginning

Well never escape this unbalanced system whilst under the rule of this joke pesuedo democracy. We, us, you me and our peers need to do our best to get us out of the EU we need to stop this mass immigration, we need to work out how to become less reliant on imports of food and electronics, we need to stop out sourcing our industry like engineering etc, we need to grow our own food and stop importing it

The fat cats at the top are too bothered about profit so they outsource everything, we need jobs, there's no trades left for people like you as there's no construction or engineering industry left

Tbh we're fkd but what we can do is start by voting for UKIP at least instead of a lib lab con party

I fully agree with the changes that you advocate although im not sure they will ever come to pass regardless of what party has the majority in parliament. I think the political power of any PM is limited, i honestly believe the world is being run mainly behind closed doors by people who inherited their wealth and have never experienced being an "average joe" Their motives are driven purely by greed and competition for power. What is a game for them seems to be becoming life and death for the majority of us - Although its always been that way for people living in undeveloped parts of the world.

top topics

join