It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick post/question about the "afterlife"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello, I hope this is posted in the right section. It seemed the best place to drop it in. As stated in the title. it will only be a quick post.

I was told a something today that really sent shivers all over me, not to sound too dramatic, but i'm being serious. I'm not going to give too many details because i'm sure the story is personal to the person/people it affected. But here goes.

My cousin knew someone who had unfortunately been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was regrettably told there was little/no hope. Of course, this was terrible news, of which typed out words do a rather poor job of expressing. She was coming to the point where, unfortunately, it was her time to leave and was practically in a "coma" like state. However, moments before she passed she awoke and said (now this is what sent the shivers through me) :

"There's a beautiful door, it's beautiful. I'm going through it......"

Unfortunately she then passed away. The story in itself is terrible news and i can only pray for her the family she left behind.

However, the question i wanted to ask was. What do you believe happens? If you don't believe in anything after this life etc, then please tell me why. I thought what this poor woman said was quite amazing. It'd be wrong to say it has changed my outlook on the afterlife because i have always strongly believed in a "heaven" of sorts. I was raised a catholic, which i know can make people put their guards up as it has had it's controversy. But i don't necessarily agree with 100% of everything it teaches. The best thing it has given me is my faith in God and my faith in something greater that is yet to come.

I'd love to know everyone's take on this "seeing the light/door/passage" phenomena as someone is about to pass. Please share!

I hope you all are well and enjoying the holiday season.
Best wishes

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

The Hebrew tradition explains that there is indeed a world to come. My favorite description is this one from the Midrash:

"Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil."

As for the baptism we all participate in at church, there is a deeper meaning. We are immersed into this life for one reason: To repent of the error of evil with free will. This place is an environment for us to discover love for God. Love is the point and once we find love for God and others, we have overcome the law. Faith is the key.

Galatians 3 explains the Law and Faith.

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Bible will make you disagree at times. It's the purpose of watching humanity raised to new life through baptism. We must be born again. The wool is pulled over our eyes and then sheered. It is washed white as snow and returned as our new robe (Body) and Crown (Mind). The Bible is a mirror and you will always see your own reflection in it. Read Judges 19 and 20 and you ask the question about God's goodness. As we see, nothing in the word was ever there by mistake or in error. It is the mirror we judge our own actions by. God allows the error so we can reach for his goodness. The things we dislike are tyranny by the law. The things we see as moral and good (Loving) are the results of grace, mercy and Love. Faith brings us from the results and troubles caused by law to the freedom found in love. We must be exposed to the entire story to see the end from the beginning. God plays the part of all characters in the play and is the Spirit in His Son, the one Spirit that gives us all life. The Lord of the OT is the Christ of the NT. He is the Son being raised. We are part of that Son.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

The final act is our entrance into the world without end when we receive our white robe made from our washed sin.

Revelation 20

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.

Read my threads and signature link for more.

I enjoyed your story.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Thank you for this great reply. It was a good read.

Like i have mentioned, i've always known in my heart that there is something after this life. My mind has often lead me in to not so much doubt, but a healthy questioning of what is to come. And like you quoted, i've always come to the same conclusion. We can't imagine what is to come, it's beyond all human comprehension. We merely have to live this life the best we can with those we love in the knowledge that this life isn't the only life.

And i will read your further posts and the link you have.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'd love to know everyone's take on this "seeing the light/door/passage" phenomena as someone is about to pass. Please share!

All I can say is that perhaps the dying have a short glimpse of the afterlife just moments before death.

Every religion has its take on as to what happens after death, but from what I have read, Islam teaches the subject of death / afterlife in vivid detail. It is said that "every soul must taste death". It also teaches that a soul experiences the pleasures / torments of the afterlife shortly after life ends.

The subject of death itself is a constant reminder to each one of us that we too will taste death some day... and that this world is only temporary... but the way we live this life determines how we will be in the afterlife. A man who is rich and famous in this world may be a wretch in the afterlife. A wretched beggar in this world may have the honor and looks of a king on the afterlife. What do you want? And when do you want it?

Being conscious of death every day is a good thing. While it may seem morbid, it simply indicates that one is aware of a reality.... that we are all born and will leave this world some day. Its what we do in between that matters.

Do you wish for fine garments? Remember your shroud.
Do you wish for a fine house? Remember the pit of your grave.
Do you wish for fine food? Remember you yourself will be food for worms.

edit on 22-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Depending on where you go, will decide what immediately happens when you pass. If you go back above, you get to spend time with your loved ones, known as the comforting process. Most people say they saw their loved one, or feel their presence during this time.

After this, you are taken to debrief, with Uriel, this is where you are taught about above and what happens next. Many are shocked to know that they are indeed still alive and not dead, per se.

After debrief, a feast or celebration is held, and you are welcomed into heaven.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Lots of Belief offered as an answer to this type of question again.

I find that sad... as sad as the Sheldons saying it is all in your head.

It might be nice to listen to a person who deals with the dead directly to get a better idea on what may happen to them.

Funniest thing is.. Belief causes limitations, science also causes limitations... both sets of limitations can be found with words similar in theme to... impossible.. wrong.. etc.

So.. from outside of those limitatoins, and based purely on working directly with what I call "deadies".... yeah I know, I have a weird sense of humour.. and English spelling

If the awareness (spirit) of a dead person makes it past their limiting belief's perception blockages and get into the light.. a few thing do happen, and they are deeply moving to observe.

There is always something or someone there to meet them.. this is so they feel comfortable in the surroundings for long enough to start remembering being in that place before. When this memory surfaces, they begin to shine inside... and every .. single.. Human Belief.. concept, thought about what is and what can't be... starts to drop away from them... it looks a bit like mud.

They get brighter and brighter until all Human Limitations are dropped, and they remember themselves being what they are.. not what they experienced in their Dream of Life.

I share this freely.. I am not selling a book, am not seeking fame, not seeking a fortune, don't want followers.. just sharing to helpfully wake people up to a bigger picture reality than what we have been limited to for so long.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Jesus said that life is eternal, yet everyone speaks about the 'afterlife'.
Can one of you Christians please tell me why you believe in death?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I think when we talk about "afterlife" we talk about what happens after this, physical life. I can only speak for myself and my close family who don't believe in death of the soul, or whatever you perceive it to be. But more so the death of your body, your shell, that's been carrying you around all these years.

The afterlife is merely a term used to name what is yet to come. It sounds a morbid and depressing place when you call it "the afterlife" doesn't it?
That's what humans are good at!

Who knows what happens. But i know in my heart that we go somewhere.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy

I think when we talk about "afterlife" we talk about what happens after this, physical life. I can only speak for myself and my close family who don't believe in death of the soul, or whatever you perceive it to be. But more so the death of your body, your shell, that's been carrying you around all these years.

The afterlife is merely a term used to name what is yet to come. It sounds a morbid and depressing place when you call it "the afterlife" doesn't it?
That's what humans are good at!

Who knows what happens. But i know in my heart that we go somewhere.

Life is eternal. Why is this so hard for Christians to understand. It is the good news Jesus came to tell us about but not one Christian seems to understand that 'life is eternal'. No 'afterlife' is possible when there is only life.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

There's no reason for you to suggest that i, along with other Christians, don't understand that life is eternal. Of course "life" is eternal in a way. But you're completely taking my original post out of context.

When i said "afterlife" it doesn't mean AFTER life. It's a word that means 2 very similar things.
Life after death. - (In my sense, death of your body, your vehicle on this world)
Later life. - Self explanatory..

Maybe i wasn't as clear as you'd have hope originally. It's the end of a physical life but not life itself. It's a new kind of life.

edit on 23-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join