It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome find in Northern Kentucky, Help identifying this picture please

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Open to ideas on this please. It was found about 20 years ago in Mason County Kentucky. Everyone that I have talked to refer to the symbols being of Egyptian origin. The circle with a dot is usually associated with RA. Any ideas would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Very interesting. What is the size of the object?

It looks like it may have been used for a charm or something.

It looks like a large sun behind a mountain. With an interesting upside down triangle at the peak.

Perhaps the smaller circles are the moon and another planet.

Very cool, is this your object?

S&F

*edit* Maybe the upside down triangle is to indicate sunset?

edit on 12/21/2012 by mcx1942 because: fix

edit on 12/21/2012 by mcx1942 because: add edit

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I wish it was mine, one of my friends who is a journalist has it. As soon as he messages me back with the size of it, I will post on here.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's an Incan calendar.

It mysteriously ends in 2013.

edit: The circle with a dot is a target. The Incans were very pro-2nd amendment.
edit on 12/21/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is pretty cool coming from kentucky.

I resized for easier viewing.

Anything on the other side?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thank you! and no, the other side is just the rock texture with the exception of the hole.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think it is to represent an alignment of the Sun, Earth, Moon and Mars(or other planet).

At first I thought the upside triangle was representing sunset, but now I believe it is representing planetary alignments.

The circle with the small dot(whatever planet) is the final part of the alignment I am guessing.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
is that a jelly fish far left?

nice find op btw

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It represents the same thing this does ..

and it is not some "goddess" ..

Its the inverted triangle above it that says to me it is not just some mountain .

Its symbolism falls right in with the Atlantian survivor cultures .

The reason is that the pyramids were used to create an artificial gravitational anomally

That tapped the solar plasma streams

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think it was meant to be seen like this as if it's hanging as a pendent.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

This looks like the triangle shaped dark spot that showed up on the sun not too long ago. To me it depicts a flare of sorts coming from the sun hitting several planets in its path. But what do I know?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkCloud45

The circle with the dot usually means the sun,and the small triangle might mean fire.
Or the circle with the dot could possibly mean the earth.
Not really sure about the rest of it.
Where's Byrd?
She might know.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

looks like a rune stone
look at the lighter scratches, wonder what it says
edit on 21-12-2012 by freakshowfatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
whats with the background? looks like it's in a vat of formaldahide.

also looks like its a cheesy new age pendant made with a penknife.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It looks Masonic to me. There's a pyramid and an eye in it. I'm not sure what the circle above the eye means, nor the inverted triangle.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Maybe the stars are aligned with the sky background and some particulat marking star is then visible through the hole......
perhapa a solstace or what have you?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
An eclipse?
The earth is the circle with the dot and the moon is the smaller circle blocking the sun light.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's a couple triangle UFO's against the sun ferrying us off this rock before that black hole devours our whole solar system.

I am fighting the urge to carve a small stone and leave it next time I'm camping for giggles.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I think it was meant to be seen like this as if it's hanging as a pendent.

considered this direction, it appears that there is a delineation between the upper and lower halves of the sun-like representation at the left.
The bottom appears to denote the heat of the sun, represented by the tell-tale wavy lines drawn outward from the "surface".
The upper portion of same appears to represent something of a more violent nature, such as an explosion or intense energy of some sort.
The circle with a dot in the middle is an extremely ancient symbol, pre-alphabet sort of thing, called a 'circumpunct'. Most notably, it was used as a reference for the sun, or some sort of omnipotent deity. It is also the alchemical symbol for gold.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The circle with a dot in the middle is an extremely ancient symbol, pre-alphabet sort of thing, called a 'circumpunct'. Most notably, it was used as a reference for the sun, or some sort of omnipotent deity. It is also the alchemical symbol for gold.

Now that you mention it, it doesn't look like a Masonic eye any more.

Did you know that the Chinese character for 'sun', 日, was originally evolved from this symbol in Oracle Script? I was told that when I was five or something and I still haven't stopped wondering what the heck the dot is for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join