It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Disasters to disappear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
After seeing this on a BBC tv program about a guy who collects secrets.www.bbc.co.uk...
Here is a screen shot i took.

I wondered just how easy it would be to start over and leave all your loved ones behind.
Given all the surveillance we now have it cant be easy unless you have inside help

www.postsecret.com...

www.ted.com...

BTW I dont intend too

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The hard part these days would be establishing a new identity. Can't say I haven't considered it though.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would venture to say that as long as you weren't benefiting from any insurance claim, and you are not dodging any debts, who could really stop you? It would be difficult to establish a new identity though and be able to move about freely.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

With goverment help as in protection of witnesses and so forth easy,
on your own very hard i would imagine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I suppose it would all depend on how many track-able connections you have made in relation to the GovCorp, But shedding your old ID is the really easy part, dump the lot, draw your savings, sell your cards, (let the ID thieves live your old life for you and provide a false paper trail) then walk away, Assume your new chosen name ( and i don't mean by deed poll or statutory declaration either, you are lawfully entitled to be called whatever name you choose) and Hey presto you are now Free, if your serious about doing it then breaking Friends and Family ties, shouldn't pose much of a problem, what would however is the acquisition of new GovCorp IDs there are no doubt ways of going about it, the only reason the Gov don't like you doing it, and the reason they will charge you with Fraud
if found out, is because you are Govt Collateral and they don't take too kindly to their stock wandering off, it makes em poorer you know

yes you got it, in their eyes you have defrauded the Government, Ah boohoo poor lambs, its ok for them to Ream you rotten all your life, but they hate getting reamed their selves

edit on 8-1-2013 by Ramadhiman because: modified post

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What an interesting question to consider. I figure it would be quite easy, as long as you paid cash for everything, had elements to survive with (even if that meant stealing at some point) etc.... Imagine if there are people out there, doing exactly what is described in this thread... Fascinating. Thanks for bringing up such an interesting question, I'm going to be sure to discuss it with friends!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was trawling the net and came across this essay called "Vanishing Point" Outlining ways to disappear and stay off the Radar, some quite good ideas, covering differing scenarios and requirements,

Section 1: What I'll be discussing in this how-to essay
Section 2: Understand who or what you're hiding from
Section 3: Throw away yourself and build a new you
Section 4: Keep from depositing traces of yourself
Section 5: Keeping yourself hidden
Section 6: People and Organizations Which Can Assist You
Section 7: Employment: Food, Shelter While on the Run, While Underground
Section 8: Checkpoints on America's Highways -- People Looking for you
Section 9: Summary
Section 10: Special note to Earth Liberation and Animal Liberation groups
Section 11: South Western Deserts as a Place to Hide / Squatting
Section 12: Fright Hopping -- Riding the Rails
Section 13: Dropping off the Grid: Peace Corps, Others
Section 14: Montana Supreme Court Notes Ability to Track Everyone
Section 15: MOVIE: Hanging Out in the Mojave Desert -- How It Was Done
Section 16: Some good comments offered by readers
Section 17: Public Camps and National Forest Squatting
Section 18: Internet Research Before You Disappear
Section 19: Gold Mining as a Means to Disappearing

i cant vouch for how up to date the content is, but it makes for interesting reading all the same.

"Vanishing Point" full essay

top topics

join