It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Websites to go dark for Sandy Hook moment of silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can understand the intention for them doing this, if in fact, it is their true intention to show respect and for those who lost their life and the families involved.

High-profile Silicon Valley venture capitalist Ron Conway is working hard to promote the online moment of silence, which is part of a larger campaign for federal gun control legislation. Conway is leading the Causes.com campaign along with other big names including Ryan Seacrest, Jack Dorsey, Britney Spears, MC Hammer, Suze Orman and Tyler Florence.

Any site that wants to participate in Friday's moment of silence can do so on its own, or it can embed an official badge with a green ribbon on its site. At webmomentofsilence.org, companies can sign up to receive a bit of JavaScript that will make the process easier. Sites using the code will appear grayed out in the background with a white box in the foreground that reads "We are observing a National Moment of Silence for the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy." Conway joined other tech notables and some celebrities to demand action for stronger gun control in a full-page ad in the Wednesday print edition of the New York Times. The ad was run by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a lobbying group of more than 700 U.S. mayors. It started the Demand A Plan campaign to reform gun laws after the Aurora, Colorado, shootings in July, and it has seen a surge in new support after the Sandy Hook shootings.

I wonder if how many of these websites will come back on after going "dark". (most likely, they all will, but it could make for an interesting conspiracy that this is one more act to flush our internet freedoms down the toilet.)

In all honesty, I believe it is what it is, and just a simple way to show respect, and solidarity, whether you believe there was a conspiracy or not, however, there is something nawing in the back of my mind that this might just be his way of furthering the gun regulation issue, (in fact, it did state that).

www.cnn.com...

ETA - will ATS be one of those involved?????
edit on 20-12-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Im sorry but I cannot agree' I feel so sorry for the kids that died and their parents.

But Im sick to the teeth of people telling me who I should mourn and who I should not mourn. This state choosing who is worthy of mourning and who is not is a disgrace and i want no part of it.

In the Uk over the last few years we have media led praising certain people in death and just ignoring others. does Obama weep for Iraq children does he weep for children starving around the world daily dying before their first birthday.

It was very very sad what happened to these children but Im not convinced by rich men's tears because I know for a fact ill kids are denied life saving medicine daily and allowed to die and no one cares, But you can guarantee the hankies will be out and false tears when the media is around.

God bless all innocent children.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
Im sorry but I cannot agree' I feel so sorry for the kids that died and their parents.

But Im sick to the teeth of people telling me who I should mourn and who I should not mourn. This state choosing who is worthy of mourning and who is not is a disgrace and i want no part of it.

In the Uk over the last few years we have media led praising certain people in death and just ignoring others. does Obama weep for Iraq children does he weep for children starving around the world daily dying before their first birthday.

It was very very sad what happened to these children but Im not convinced by rich men's tears because I know for a fact ill kids are denied life saving medicine daily and allowed to die and no one cares, But you can guarantee the hankies will be out and false tears when the media is around.

God bless all innocent children.

I so agree with you - there isn't one child on this planet that is more or less precious than another. God Bless them all!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

you are right. You see, this is the one thing that sticks in the back of my mind, that he has another agenda (that of gun control, and not of showing respect for those that passed last week. I agree with you about how all children that have been killed should be mourned.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
We are simply flies that can be swotted by the Elites when ever it suites their agenda - your social security number is your slave number that is all. It used to be Plantations - now it's countries!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Barack Obama's tears are in stark contrast to his silence over the children murdered by his drones

a report by the law schools at Stanford and New York universities suggests that during the first three years of his time in office, the 259 strikes for which he is ultimately responsible killed between 297 and 569 civilians, of whom at least 64 were children. These are figures extracted from credible reports: there may be more which have not been fully documented."

Astounding huh?

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Its things like this that make me wish the world did end tonight!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
Its things like this that make me wish the world did end tonight!

[/quote
not as long as there are people who care, right always wins in the end/

join