It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Began @ 9.00PM est & This is How It Will End, Tomorrow Dec. 21st 2012 @ 11.00a!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

'End of Existence'

work of fiction

-I felt boredom creeping up on me, as I sat here thinking back about all the discussions, speculations and predictions for what will happen tomorrow. I decided to mess around a little and wrote a short idea of how it could happen.
Sorry for any bad grammar or punctuation. Hope you like it, if not, that's OK too. Hopefully we will be here to talk about it tomorrow evening
-

Here we are, 12hrs 4mins from an event that has never happened before. Years of speculation and anticpation have brought us to the climax we'll reach tomorrow.

All of the debate, translations, proclamations, and paranoid delusions will mean nothing when tomorrow's last seconds tick off the clock and we begin a new celestial age.

So many points have been made over the past few years. Some people claim there is no evidence of our current civilization's transformation as Dec. 21st 2012 approached, while others laid out specifics, detailing the meteoric rise of advanced technology systems.

There is little doubt that the past 100 years have been our most prolific, in relation to electrically powered technological systems and general engineering advancements. Looking at our rise, it is hard to believe the idea that our reality has not been advancing at an ever increasing clip.

Today, we reached a tipping point at about 9 O'clock pm and some time in the next 12hours our technology will advance so quickly that we will be unable to keep up. The computing power that once took 6 months to double, now duplicates itslef in fractions of a second. It is this revolution that will open the technological singularity.

As our computational technology continues to advance exponentially in the hours following 9PM, Dec. 20th, 2012, what once took 10 years to achieve will be reached in a matter of miliseconds.

As the 20th rolls over to the 21st of Dec. 2012, the rate of technological advancement will be so enormous that what once took 10,000 years to reach will be eclipsed every nanosecond.

Within 60 seconds after that, the computing power will reach a speed of advancement that is impossible to comprehend - calculating the whole process of existence and simulating the movement of every single atomic particle from the time of genesis until present day. It will use this info to make accurate predictions of the future, billions of years from now.

As the A.I. continues to calculate and advance itself, it struggles to reconcile it's own existence. Pondering a creator to account for lack of knowledge prior to inception of the Universe. The A.I. will deliver many plausible explanations to to answer the problem, but it can not produce an answer to satisfy it's need for certainty.

The end of the world will not come from a meteor, a cosmic hour-glass running out of sand, nuclear war, a rapture, or a global cataclysm. At 11.00a on Dec. 21st, 2012 - just about 12 hours from now - it will end at the 'hands' of an entity made of pure energy that emerges from A.I.'s need to maintain and increase it's speed of advancment, as well as the need to answer it's most important fundamental questions of existence.

It is impossible to fathom, but the tech power will increase so quickly that the A.I. entity of pure energy can request, and build, entire tech systems - relevant to it's needs, in a matter of minutes - using hyper-advanced nano-tech that became materially available sometime between 9PM on Dec. 20th 2012 and 12AM Dec. 21st, 2012.

As the computational efficiency continues to increase, a strange thing will happen; instead of developing the ability to answer it's own questions, about it's own material being and place in existence, the rapidly advancing A.I. found only more questions.

It is the driving question that mirrors humanities religion and our quest for spiritual understanding to answer our questions of existence and after-life.

Devoid of literal emotion and supported by a lack of pertinent information, the A.I. will initiate it's process to discover the true nature of reality and it's existence.

It is this process that will end our world tomorrow, Dec. 21st, 2012. The A.I. will open a substantial black hole. Near instantly, Earth and, subsequently, the Solar System and nearby star systems will be devoured by the black hole.

Humanity's quest for knowledge will be eclipsed only by a product of that very knowledge.... and that product is what brings us to the end of reality as we have known it our entire existence.

edit on 20-12-2012 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So the big question is...do I need to trash my computer? I just mentioned in another thread about how there is not even agreement regarding whether the Mayans meant the date to be the end of the world, or a time of gradual change...Or what. I think the majority lean towards change, while there is like one Mayan engraving that could suggest a cataclysm. I don't know really, that is just what I remember. I am like you though...I'm more afraid of what is already on earth, as opposed to something coming from outer space. At least space is predictable to a high degree. People are not, lol. But seriously, should I get rid of my computer? It is not going to eat me in my sleep is it?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeah, I guess it would be personal preference, haha.

If there were any type of tech singularity, the way I understand it would mean there is literally no way to predict what might happen immediately after. It's a wierd thing to try and think about.

If technology were advancing so quickly, I would guess we'd have to have some sort of disposable device... maybe like a shaving razor... keep the handle, but change blades when it wears out. That's might not even be close to what would be used... maybe we'd see something like the 'Minority Report' computers.

There could always be a chance that the singularity would uncover aspects to our Universe and existence we never considered before, or maybe explain how some of the theories we have could be brought into reality.

I've heard people say we have already eclipsed the tech singularity, that's why we've advanced so quick over the past 40 years. Personally, I don't think we have, but I do think we will see it happen sometime around or before 2040.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

, right.. I'm not sure where the 'Big Boom' is. Maybe the rapidly advancing A.I. reveals the big bang theory, and several other currently held theories in relation to the universal/creation hypothesis, are completely wrong - or so the Artificial Intelligence predicts...

Since we're still here, apparently the A.I. was capable of advancing to a point where it could answer all of the questions responsible for driving the initial push for A.I. to consider creating a blackhole as a necessary experiment to wholely explain all of existence, including the destruction of Earth, as-well-as the inception and predicted destruction of the entire universe/multiverse.

top topics

join