It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21st December, 2012 [an instrumental]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Hey guys and girls and any alien species that might lurk these parts. Happy 21st of December! It's a big day for our planet. Sort of like a birthday I suppose. But damnit! I digress already and I haven't even finished the first paragraph... so before I lose you right off the bat - this thread is about music - specifically, my music - not 2012. Although since this particular song I have come here to share is dubbed "December 21st, 2012", the two kind of go hand in hand for the moment. So you can relax - I too have heard more than enough talk about this date for one bloody lifetime.

It's exciting and annoying and frightening and incredible all at the same time. And it's here already! Man... time flies when you're having fun huh? I didn't even realize how much fun I must have been having, but the past 22 years of my life feel like a dream. That could be because of my chronic depersonalization disorder lol - but again, that's a digression for another day. I'll be here all night if I start on that.

Now all that being said, if you don't wanna keep reading all this crap I'm writing then don't. It's not important - I came here to show you that song, not bore you to death with my vague life's story. I only planned on writing a short description initially. I've never posted in this particular forum before, and I stumbled upon it today by accident and had no idea it existed in the first place. Or maybe fate led me here... we will never know. Anyway, I'm only writing all this because I'm exceptionally bored today as I have the day of work but none of my friends do, and because I feel like I should explain myself before I expose my deepest darkest intimate secrets to the outside world for the first time in the form of instrumental music.

I don't know what's going to happen with this whole Mayan/Golden Age/Apocalypse thing but I'm excited as hell to be alive right now, if only for the fact that this galactic alignment occurs once every ~25,000 years. That's a long time man. I thought 9 hour work days were long lol. And even if nothing else of significance happens today, that fact alone means that we are right now living in a special & remarkably rare time. And I am grateful to be here to share this crazy ride with you fine people.

And so while I was thinking about all this, I felt somewhat inspired to record the instrumental track above that I embedded at the start of this thread. I recorded it on Wednesday night (or early Thursday morning as it were)... It's unique and strange and different, but nothing special (in my opinion anyway - and no I am not fishing for compliments. I know I'm a good guitarist but I also know that I'm still on the Path both in my life spiritually and as an artist and a musician. I have much to learn... and even more to unlearn)

But that being said, I do rather like it, and it's fresh & direct straight from my precious Soul, and for whatever reason I felt today for the first time in my life compelled to share it with you guys. Not for praise or recognition or any egotistical bullsh#t, but because the songs have sat on my computer unheard for too long. They're no good to anyone there, and especially not me. I have no idea if I'm allowed to do this or not since it's my own work & I'm unclear about the rules on advertisement around here... but I'm gonna do it anyway. I am an anarchist after all & I have to keep up appearances. If it's not allowed, then you have my most insincere apologies
Do with them what you will
but for the record - I have nothing to sell. It's all free. My music will be free for as long as I live. I'd feel dirty accepting money for someone else's work. And you can be sure, this music is not entirely mine. Parts of it come from Out There somewhere. You'll know which parts.

Anyhow, I've already written about six billion words past what I had planned to write. And now I'm making myself nervous. I am about to divulge my musical paintings to you guys. This revelation of my secret work is also a very uncommon occurrence; although maybe not as much so as the galactic alignment. I don't have a calendar named after me yet.

I don't really show my music to anyone besides my closest friends and family. This is not because I'm scared or insecure per se... although I am very insecure lol - but that's not why I've kept it hidden for so long. The reason I've never publicly shown this music is because, when it was created, it was never intended to be heard by anyone's ears but my own. To put it poetically, I feel naked when people hear this stuff. So, in a sense, I'm letting ATS see me naked. Now I'm sure that's against the rules, so I'll stop before I get myself into trouble

I made all of these instrumental songs on my own over the past four years purely because I wanted to make music. I didn't even think about how they'd turn out or if anyone would like them. And frankly I still don't for the most part. I hope you enjoy it, but if you don't - then don't tell me for I will not listen
I have enough to worry about in my daily life without the added stress of trying to please everybody.

For me, these instrumental tracks are like painting. Silence is the canvas and my self is the paintbrush. But I can't draw or paint for sh#t, so I use a guitar & a computer instead. I do it all on my own - and by all, I mean the guitar & bass. The drums are done on the computer, and some backing drums are just classic funk and hip-hop drum samples & breaks etc. that I've 'borrowed' since I'm a terrible drummer, and synthetic drums on the computer sound like crap. & Most importantly - these songs really do have a large piece of me in them. I'm sure I'm the only one who can hear it, but it's in there. You'll learn more about me from these songs than you would in person. Or at least, you'll meet a side of me that only comes out at 3am in a dark room with headphones on and a guitar in my hands and clutter & mess & chaos all around. Thats when I'm in my element. I live for those nights!

So that about wraps it up. Some of the songs are weird (all of them are really now that I think about it), some of them just plain suck and others.. sh#t, I don't know. Maybe someone will like them. In any case, I feel that it's time for them to be heard by other ears. They might not be epic or rockstar worthy (yet), and although most of them sound "dark" (a reflection on my life's journey and I'm sure everyone can relate!) - they're full of positive energy and good vibes and love and honesty, and they have a spiritual element to them. You could say that I have been walking my spiritual path while I've been recording these songs and so I like to think that they progress in depth and quality as I progress in life.

Okay, I'm done! I've gone on for far, far too long. I hope you enjoy the tracks. But if you don't, then that's fine too. I dislike some of my own tracks myself so I can't hold that against you.

And what better day than the 21st of December to unveil them to the world? And what better place to do so than here? This is my internet home. I have no friends here on ATS, but I've been lingering a while & I feel welcome and among like minds. And that's good enough for me.

So without further ado, I humbly present to ye my young life's work as a developing musician. I wont post them all here because they're attached to the same youtube account so you'll find them if you want to.

Ps. I don't know what genre etc. it is. there's ska elements, punk elements, reggae elements, rock elements, hip hop elements, techno/electronic elements, funk elements, acoustic elements, and plenty of weird quirks i threw in just to see what happens. I like to call it "Gonzo Rock" or "Gonzo Fusion" if it's heavily techno. I think it sounds like an accurate description but I don't believe it's a real genre. oh well - it is now

Peace & love homies & homettes. Have a good day whatever happens. & be safe :up

edit on 20/12/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

One last one to add

Peace out. I will likely never check this thread again but thanks for reading if you did. & for listening (if you did). Take it easy ats

join