It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More gun control rhetoric as 'Sister of Newtown victim makes gun-control plea in lett

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So as more and more people begin *crying* (read sarcastically please) for gun control. Parents of a victim's sister now has released a letter in which she asks for guns to only be allowed on gun ranges. No doubt I assume the sister did not in fact write it, it's much more likely that her parents gave her a script in which to write upon. No matter how it was written, it has hit the news as more and more talk about gun control surfaces.

news.yahoo.com...
thestir.cafemom.com...

pff, like criminals can't get things that are outlawed.

Sorry for the bias, but this is getting ridiculous. I even see plenty of you asking why we haven't had gun control.
edit on 20-12-2012 by IamRoy08 because: Subject too long... *sigh*

edit on 20-12-2012 by IamRoy08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

I don't understand? Isn't already against the law to bring guns on to schools grounds? How is it possible that anyone could be shot at a school when it is illegal to have guns at school?

Is it possible that criminals don't obey laws? no, that doesn't make any sense... Laws are magic.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yep, you stand up for your rights in the face of this and something is going to be "wrong" with you....and millions of others.

They are building a paltform, a gauntlet to beat us, a gallows pole from which to hang all 2nd amendment defenders.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

Sincere but misguided.

I'm going to venture a guess and say that there family members who are against more gun grabbing measures.

If any of them decide to speak up, I doubt their story will be heard.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The sheep bleat:

"More gun control, more gun control".

I wonder...

Can they can still bleat as loud,

With a boot on their necks?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You have to keep in mind that this was written from the perspective of a child. In a child's mind this would be a simple thing to achieve, in reality however it would be an impossibility. I am sure she meant well when she put this together, and you cannot fault her for feeling this way after the tragic loss of her brother.

I am very pro 2nd amendment, and I will stand in favor of the 2nd amendment regardless. I do however remember the blissful ignorance of being a child and can understand exactly where this young girl is coming from.

edit on 12/20/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here are some sobering facts about the history of gun control, and "the experts agree gun control works!" ( source : ______beforeitsnews/libertarian/2012/12/after-gun-control-a-chilling-historical-perspective-share-2474718.html )

F.T.G.

edit on 20-12-2012 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
You have to keep in mind that this was written from the perspective of a child. In a child's mind this would be a simple thing to achieve, in reality however it would be an impossibility. I am sure she meant well when she put this together, and you cannot fault her for feeling this way after the tragic loss of her sister.

I am very pro 2nd amendment, and I will stand in favor of the 2nd amendment regardless. I do however remember the blissful ignorance of being a child and can understand exactly where this young girl is coming from.

I have plenty of pitty for all of the families/children related to the victims. Although I'm not sure this child genuinely did this alone by herself. And if she had I don't blame her, her brother is dead.

I have my assumptions though. As I've said above,

"I assume the sister did not in fact write it, it's much more likely that her parents gave her a script in which to write upon. No matter how it was written, it has hit the news as more and more talk about gun control surfaces."

I'm sorry if my sarcasm is outspoken in this topic. I'm just absolutely annoyed by the growing number of people supporting gun control.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am deeply saddened for these victims and their surviving family members. I'm pissed these idiots keep using firearms, something I legitimately enjoy and own, to wreak havoc in our nation, creating more discord and strife.

Here are some truths and facts. There will be no significant Constitutional changes to the 2nd amendment. The main reason for this is that the problem is not with the amendment itself but the variations in which states execute the amendment (no pun intended). Although I'm very pro 2nd amendment, I believe we need more reasonable and effective gun legislation, laws that preserve our right to bear and keep arms, yet keeps firearms out of the hands of those who should not possess them. Let's face it, most gun legislation is feel-good legislation, meaning they look fantastic on paper, yet they do little to keep us safe. They need to make more sense. There are portions of the federal assault weapon ban that make little to no sense at all. People need to remember that criminals don't follow the law, so making new laws or changing laws do nothing to curb violence. We need deter criminals with drastic punishments. Right now no one respects the law...we need to change that. Soon...

For starters we need standardize firearm applications and process. It's not right that in New York it takes six months to obtain a pistol permit, yet in other states you can walk out of a gun show with a handgun with no background check. It took me six months to get my CCW permit, including a criminal background check, a health check, and a mental health records check. Yes, it sucked. Yes, it took forever. But it was a pretty thorough vetting process. I had nothing to hide so whatever. Six months was a little excessive but I have it now and that's all that matters to me now. High capacity magazines? So what, criminals will just carry more mags. That's feel good legislation. Now, had his mother not been shot in the face and killed, Nancy Lanza should have been heavily persecuted for not securing her weapons, and I mean heavily charged. I believe a lot of incidences where kids go to school with a firearm it's because a parent has failed to appropriately secure the weapon. Same thing with accidental shootings, where one kid gets ahold of his fathers pistol and shoots his friend. The parents is responsible.

Let's all admit that schools are easy targets because they are gun free zones, well except for the criminals, and they use it to their advantage, mostly because they are cowards. I think police departments should place resource officers in schools, either uniformed or not. Kinda like air Marshall's. I also think if a teacher has a pistol permit, has been an exemplary teacher and citizen, then that teacher should be able to carry concealed at school. It shouldn't be advertised but it should be permissible.

Gun control is not a debate. Firearms for personal defense are permitted by the 2nd amendment, further supported by the Supreme Court in DC versus Heller. So let's start dealing with that, not arguing about moot points. There will be no banning of guns, the government has absolutely no mechanism in place for such a round up. It's ludicrous to even suggest it. The government could implement a buy back program, but criminals aren't going to turn in their guns. The Feds could tax the crap out of ammo making it ridiculously expensive to go shooting, but again, that's only going to hurt the law abiding citizen, not the criminals. Although I'm no fan of the Feds or surveillance, I think if you are purchasing 6000 rounds of ammo on the Internet you should answering some questions. And if you have nothing to hide no harm no foul.

We need to apply the KISS method to gun control laws...Keep It Simple Stupid. Harsh penalties. Pragmatic solutions to an emotional issue is not going to be easy but it's time we made some effective and real change. The other problem is this...those who we have elected to accomplish all of this are thieves, liars, and criminals themselves, so really what do you expect? It's like asking the fox to guard the hen house!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Where are our Suzanna Hupp's of the world at our times like these. All the gun control advocates come out of the wood works to take advantage of this tragedy, while gun advocates are forced to shut up because one big bad evil man killed some people. I'm not referring to just the Sandy Hook shooting and yes it's a bad thing but if one side comes out doesn't mean the other should be shut up and the media is suppressing the opposite side as much as possible. I know it's part of them helping the politicians agendas but still.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-12-2012 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Preacher76

Well I chose not to have much of a waiting period before getting into this issue. Letting gun foes and press tools have a week or two of emotion harvesting while in an opposition free zone would have been just to much room to give them.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I am sorry 30 people were killed, but you'll get over it. If America is to dangerous, please get out and go some where else. I have rights, and one of those happens to be me owning a firearm. Don't like it? Revolt or go live some where else.

Like Mexico.

By the way, the law only works for those that follow it. He wasn't suppose to have a gun on campus. How'd that workout?
edit on 21-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
By the way, the law only works for those that follow it. He wasn't suppose to have a gun on campus. How'd that workout?
edit on 21-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

exactly.

This point is by far my most used when I talk to people about prohibition of anything.

Marijuana, guns, booze all have the same effect when outlawed.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
Here are some sobering facts about the history of gun control, and "the experts agree gun control works!" ( source : ______beforeitsnews/libertarian/2012/12/after-gun-control-a-chilling-historical-perspective-share-2474718.html )

F.T.G.

edit on 20-12-2012 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

Wow! something posted from beforeitsnews that's *not* utter hogwash. Hell must be expecting a light frost.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
"My name is Natalie Barden and I wanted to tell the president that only police officers and the military should get guns. If people want to do it as a sport than they could go to a shooting range and the guns would not be able to leave there."

Obviously a ten year old did not write that. But it's a good indication what the NWO has planned out for us.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

like criminals can't get things that are outlawed

Sigh, this stupidity is getting so old. Obviously, the harder something is to get legally, the harder it will be to obtain illegally as well. It's called supply and demand.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

only police officers and the military should get guns

But if they ban guns, then the cops, armor guards, secret service, FBI, CIA, military (in the US) etc. don't need them, right?
Why would they need them if there was a ban?

Any cops, etc. here?
You willing to give up your guns??????????????

Yeah, didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

No, it's call ban guns and you flood the black market.
No matter what they have done to make it harder to get guns legally, the criminals have never had a problem.
In fact some of the gun are from Mexico and used by MS13. (Thank you E.Holder)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

like criminals can't get things that are outlawed

Sigh, this stupidity is getting so old. Obviously, the harder something is to get legally, the harder it will be to obtain illegally as well. It's called supply and demand.

WHile true in theory, making something illegal creates a large black market for it, not only creating more criminals (who still have guns, btw), but also making criminal cartels very rich.

There are plenty of illegal things that I could walk out the door right now and get my hands on without any trouble.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The victims are grasping at straws because they have been told it will make a difference.

What is happening here is that TPTB are feeding on the sadness of the victims and using that sadness to manipulate them, pretty sick really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join