It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA Indefinite Detention Provision Mysteriously Stripped From Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sphota

Demoncrap, Republican't, who gives a crap. The two party illusion has been crumbling in front of our eyes for years, some people refuse to see it though. Don't look behind the curtain, you will find a bumhug.
edit on Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:54:12 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Someone called me "pie in the sky" the other day for making your exact point...in different terminology.

My point to posting that was that the guy above me, probably without reading the language or really understanding the provisions in it and what they really mean, he just makes a broad brushstroke to blame the same tired out, overused commie-cum-liberal phantom menace that's never gotten out from under our bed since the 50s.

While I agree that dem and rep doesn't matter, arguably I still hold out for a few of them to have our best interests at heart. In every movie I've seen about Rome, the senate is jaded, but there always seems to be at least one senator who tries to work for the people. Gotta assume, right...or hope, I guess.

My point was that Dianne Feinstein at least tried to limit the shadow of the new legislation, keeping our Article III Courts away from its "machinations". Too bad it won't stick.

As crazy as some of you may think she is, Naomi Wolf made a valid point years ago, that every nation that created a special judiciary for special enemies or circumstances found it hard to maintain the systems separate as time went on, so they end up with a grand system that maintains the new powers. In other words, look out for Article III Courts being absorbed into the FISA courts.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Probably requires a content-based bump:

The Senate passed a version of the National Defense Authorization Act that was stripped of a prohibition of the indefinite military detention of US citizens on American soil by an 81-14 vote on Friday, but only after a furious dissent on the chamber's floor by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who called it an "abomination."

Full Article

Well, there you have it....sans the Feinstein language (which at best seemed like a minor roadblock.

Is now perhaps when I start to self censor my 1st amendment rights? Or, can I feel relatively non-anxious til the big guy signs it into effect?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower[/i

Better yet make it a strong policy that each and every Bill and EO that is signed into law be read and TOTALLY explained to the American people and I mean explained without nothing hidden! Its like the people wont wake up on their own accord....or is it me?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join