Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Barber shop conversation in Wentzville about Connecticut shootings ends with shots fired at customer

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Barber shop conversation in Wentzville about Connecticut shootings ends with shots fired at customer


www.stltoday.com

WENTZVILLE • A barber shop patron who fired three times at another customer discussing the Connecticut school shooting has been charged with three felonies . . . .
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is the exact problem those responsible for enforcing the existing gun laws face . . . they can't even enforce the laws on the books let alone come up with some new ones to deal with the issue of irresponsible ownership and illegal use.

This news bit brings up the obvious and ongoing question . . . how can you ban something you already cannot adequately control?

www.stltoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
For those with no time to read the news story . . . .


According to court records, Davis is a felon, convicted of second-degree homicide and unlawful possession of a weapon in Middlesex County, N.J., in 1975. Records further state he has been involved in numerous verbal altercations with neighbors, resulting in an order of protection being issued
.

The gun is registered to his wife . . . he had it in his car . . . .



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wow, the guy must be a terrible shot.

It must of been a close shave...


Carry on...



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Argument over shooting results in shooting.

Re
Tar
Ded

I'm sorry folks, but normal people don't act like this.
It ain't the guns, or the knives or the ice picks or the shards of glass or the machetes or the ropes or the hammers or the plastic bags or the 4-or-more inches of water or the shoves off a high rise or the vehicle crashes, etcetera, etcetera.

It's the insane, ignorant, batsh*t crazy human beings.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Wow, the guy must be a terrible shot.

It must of been a close shave...


Carry on...



I appreciate the fact you're making a funny, but the issue is kind of a symptom of that. There's an incredible hue and cry out on the streets for banning and controlling and coming up with new and inventive ways to deal with gun violence . . . but the reality is they're barely and rarely enforcing the existing laws.

If one guy shoves a bomb in his undershorts, the world stops and we're getting our nads jumbled by some high school graduate dropout police wanna-be.

Somebody puts a bomb in their shoe, gets on a plane and we're all sharing foot fungus in the TSA lines at the airport . . . soon to be train stations and wherever else they feel it prudent to make sure we don't blow off our feet and the doors off a pressurized cabin.

They're spending billions to make sure we're safe there, but what are they doing to enforce the existing laws?

We don't pay our police officers for squat and when budget cuts happen in cities, where do they tend to look first\/

Enforcement . . . usually of the law type . . .

So, lets get more laws on the books that we don't have enough human resources to enforce.

What the hell is up with THAT?



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In a perfect world, scumbags like this.would be made public examples of and then eliminated. Period.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Argument over shooting results in shooting.

Re
Tar
Ded

I'm sorry folks, but normal people don't act like this.
It ain't the guns, or the knives or the ice picks or the shards of glass or the machetes or the ropes or the hammers or the plastic bags or the 4-or-more inches of water or the shoves off a high rise or the vehicle crashes, etcetera, etcetera.

It's the insane, ignorant, batsh*t crazy human beings.



Amen . . . but is banning firearms of certain varieties going to stop the insanity?

There's this rush to do something quickfastlikebunny . . . in the vernacular of the subject . . . isn't that kinda like . . .

Ready

FIRE

aim



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster
 


Unfortunately I believe we will see a lot more of these incidents happen in the upcoming days. The good thing is it will weed out the irresponsible gun owners who SHOULD NOT HAVE THEM in the first place.

The bad thing is that the MSM and our government will just use these examples and idiots as a way to take guns off of law abiding citizens who are responsible gun owners..........*sigh*
edit on 19-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by GoalPoster
 


Unfortunately I believe we will see a lot more of these incidents happen in the upcoming days. The good thing is it will weed out the irresponsible gun owners who SHOULD NOT HAVE THEM in the first place.

The bad thing is that the MSM and our government will just use these examples and idiots as a way to take guns off of law abiding citizens who are responsible gun owners..........*sigh*
edit on 19-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)


Agreed.
I come from a long line of CCLs.
I live in an area that has so many CCLs that anywhere I go in public, it is virtually guaranteed that there will be someone there that has received an education in how and when to appropriately use firearms. And that's just when I go out in public alone....notwithstanding immediate family that may accompany me that have their own CCL.

The gun debacle, erm, I mean, debate, is about as legit as the war on drugs. Just sayin.

How many perpetrators who have committed these senseless shooting sprees as of late have been CCLs?

That's right. None.



posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


Sorry I was short in my reply...

I think this is just like everything else.

They will argue about...But nothing will change.





new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join