It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Children Dead, One Injured in Toledo Apartment Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

From TBO.com: Six Children Dead, One Injured in Toledo Apartment Fire

Fire raced through a Toledo apartment building Sunday afternoon, killing six children and critically injuring another, authorities said.

The six children died at area hospitals and another child was in critical condition late Sunday, said Fire Chief Michael Bell. The victims were six girls and one boy, ages 6 months to 7 years old.

Joe Jaramillo, 36, said he ran into the two-story apartment and tried to get upstairs where the children were trapped, as the mother of some of the children stood outside screaming that her babies were inside.

"I tried to crawl under the smoke," said Jaramillo, who had been visiting his daughter in the area. "They were yelling 'Help us,' but I couldn't do anything. I had to come back for air."

Jaramillo said the father of one of the children had tried to go upstairs with a fire extinguisher, "but it didn't work." He and the father tried to go up the stairs a second time, but the smoke and flames were too thick.

The outside of the apartment building had been decorated for Halloween with green cobwebs sprayed in a bush in the front yard and paper cutout bats taped to the front window.

Click link for the full article...

Tragic event...You better check if your fire extinguisher work.
This is just so... sad...

[Edited on 2004/10/24 by Hellmutt]

join