It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! N. Korea Votes Kim Jong-un Time's Man of the Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
President Obama was the actual recipient for the magazine cover, however N. Korea's state news agency picked Kim.

This morning most of the world woke up to discover that Time has selected President Obama as its 85th annual Person of the Year. In North Korea, however, the state news agency is reporting that Time's pick is actually its young supreme leader, Kim Jong-Un. "The U.S. magazine The Time selected the dear respected Kim Jong Un as 'man of 2012.'" reads the official report

Well, they aren't that wrong — not as wrong as when The Onion tricked China's People's Daily into believing Kim Jong-un was the Sexiest Man Alive last month. And it's a little tricky: Obama took the top honor for the second time (third if you count that whole "You" thing) from the magazine's editors, and Kim didn't even make the shortlist. But the North Korean leader did win an online reader poll last week ... because the hacker collective 4chan rigged it. So the magazine didn't exactly "select" him as "man of the year" — Time lost the gender bias in 1999 — so much as a bunch of pranksters did.

Source
UPI

With the embarrassment of the recent , mostly successful, rocket launch which only resulted in a lost , and very dead, satellite tumbling uselessly through space.... Kim was rumored to having been reduced to waiting on tables at a local diner.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I actually own this mirror. I used to hang it by my front door so I'd see myself every time I left...

Maybe Kim has one of these too?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Someone should send him one for Christmas

join