It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: Apocalypse Now and Then (2012 to 1969)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Photos: Apocalypse now and then

photos.mercurynews.com...

As the end of the Mayan Long Count calendar approaches, doomsday theories and fears are growing over the end of the 5,125-year cycle. Many take the event light-heartedly, while others see it as an opportunity to raise discussion about real threats to society and work to take precautions in the event of various doomsday scenarios – from widespread starvation and civil unrest to alien takeovers.

A prophesied time for the end of the world is nothing new and has haunted and plagued communities since as early as the 2nd century. Some scares, such as Y2K are based on logical concerns, but after an unprecedented spike in cult followings in the 1960s many predictions have been flat-out bizarre, deadly and tragic.

There are 90 photos in this article and each photo has its own explanation what is going on in that photo. I found it really interesting to read all these notes with the many pictures.

It makes me feel like some people are soooooo immersed in the Doomsday train of thought that they are willing to take their own lives before anything happens. It is truly sad how all this hype changes people completely.

I hope everyone takes a good long look at the pictures and related stories and perhaps you can make up your minds about the idea of an apocalypse actually happening.....

SW2011

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have been researching the end times theories for quite some time. There are hundreds of scenarios. I believe TPTB know something is coming due to the way they are acting, such as USA spending itself into oblivion with absolutely no regard for the future, seed vaults, underground cities being built, etc. The real conspiracy is that it seems they spread as many false scenarios possible to throw the masses off the scent of whatever catastrophe is coming.
I have spent the last few years getting right with God and my family prepared for anarchy. I don't have the financial capabilities to prepare my home for whatever very well but I know where to go at all times.
edit on 12/18/2012 by ccross because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hello,

just got done looking through all 90 images, truly thought provoking pictures...

S&F for sharing.

SS

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Until humanity is 'officially' wiped off the planet, there will be countless more 'End Of Days' prophecies.

I'm pretty sure this one is just like the ones before it but hey, you never know.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
nice pics, except the Waco texas incident is out of place there.
waco was nothing more then ATF officials murdering innocent men, women and children. all that cult BS was thrown in to make kokesh seem evil.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
Until humanity is 'officially' wiped off the planet, there will be countless more 'End Of Days' prophecies.

I'm pretty sure this one is just like the ones before it but hey, you never know.

Someday one of those "prophecies" will be right...

new topics

top topics

join