It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police found stitching up MP Andrew Mitchell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
UK Channel 4 reporter Michael Crick has done a great job exposing the evil and corupt Police we have in the UK.

The story known as Pleb Gate surrounds an incident which is supposed to have happened when the Member of Parliament was leaving Downing Street. He was cycling and when he asked the police guarding the gates to open the gate and they refused he is supposed to have hurled verbal abuse at the police. The resulting political storm forced him to resign his position.

Now it turns out the Police made the whole story up. For what reason we can only speculate.

Hopefully now the Police will be made to explain their actions and heads will roll.

The Police in this country are turning into a joke. My grandfather was a policeman back in the 50's and he must be turning in his grave.

Watch the video here

ETA: BBC News covering the story here

edit on 18-12-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

No such thing as conspiracy, so obviously this is all wrong and he definitely said all the things the police accused him of, obviously!

Sorry but no matter how often this kinda thing happens STILL people do not want to accept the truth! They will STILL defend the indefensible! It doesn't half wind me up...

When will people realize that we just can't give a select group of people POWER? Of any kind... I know it is a harsh reality and the ramifications could be scary for some, but it is the truth! We NEED to deal with it! We need to stop constantly trying to swim against the tide and trying to patch up a total rotten corpse of a system!

This is just the cherry on the big fat corrupt cake!

Btw I have heard the police lie with my very own ears! They lied to my face and otherwise perverted the course of justice! They really are just a big gang with delusions of grandeur! Not unlike our dear leaders/dictators...

Sorry for the rant, nothing was aimed at you BTW and thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Nice find, I always thought that he should not have resigned when I was under the impression he had said it.

Too many people resign due to peer pressure, it's about time someone took the Thatcher approach, and said no.

The strange part is how he effectively rolled over, and took it like a man.

Never lower your guard, the old boys network is very much alive and kicking.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I've looked at this footage and have noticed that the BBC have cut it to suit Mitchel’s story (they initially had the uncut footage in their site but that was taken down after the first day and now the new cut footage is shown)

They cut it to remove the member of the public who walks past then back towards the gate and would have been the key witness to back the police claim that there were members of the public within ear shot. Now, he stops and POP! he just dissapears. It wasn't like that the first day the aired that story on the BBC site but just the next day when I went to look again the clip was not working, when it came back the cut was made.

Also, the outside camera on the street has the minutes of the DTG blurred out so we can’t verify if it was the actual time Mitchel left downing st as we can’t see him leave on that angle.

They have deliberately blurred out part of a DTG so we can’t verify if Mitchel actually was leaving at exactly that time. The people and vehicles don’t appear to match as they go up and down the street from the two angles and the BBC have changed the footage since it was first aired.

If Mitchel didn’t say what he reportedly said then I think he would have been yelling that from the top of his voice from day one and would have refused to stand down from his post over something he didn’t say. But now after the CCTV footage comes out to CH 4, the media are backing him all the way and even chopping bits of CCTV footage and blurring out part of a DTG to help his version of events, he's got some more wind in his sails.

Police and politicians………….I wouldn't trust either to tell the truth

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
There are some pretty naive people on here.

"Ch4 reporter Michael Crick has done a great job"? What a load of tosh.

"Now it turns out the police made the whole story up"? Rubbish - IT HAPPENED. Even that slimy little weasel Mitchell admits that.

"The strange part is how he effectively rolled over and took it like a man"? - Mitchell eventually resigned but he should have gone well before he did. He tried to brazen it out like all politicians do but knew he was in the wrong.

Face it, chaps, Mitchell is a typical, weasel, lying politician, like they all are. They really do live in their own little cocooned, pampered world and think that the public are below in in every way.

And before you start to attack me, I also know that the copper who was arrested is also a lying little toad that doesn't deserve to keep his job.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Why did he resign if he was innocent ?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hmm, lying, corrupt cops?
Lying, corrupt politicians?

I can't decide, hang em all, just to be sure.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ha! All this is about Andrew Mitchell trying to get his job back when he does not deserve to. He himself admitted he swore at the Police. If i had done that I would have been arrested and thrown into jail and have lost my job. Why should this creep be any different. He should be dismissed as an MP and banned from ever holding office again. He may have not said Plebs after all but he admitted to swearing and the argument and that should be enough for being sacked. I know i would be from my job.

High time the govt was thrown out. We need to hold a general election next year, the country cannot wait and put up with these self serving plebs!!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
Why did he resign if he was innocent ?

Exactly. He's as guilty as sin and he damn well knows it. So do the police. This story is being manipulated because the Tories simply cannot stand the idea that they lost the upper hand with this one. Or that a couple of "plebs" managed to knock one of them off their pedestal.

The CCTV footage is inconclusive at best.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by harry1sg
reply to post by bigyin

They cut it to remove the member of the public who walks past then back towards the gate and would have been the key witness to back the police claim that there were members of the public within ear shot.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that member of the public turned out to be an off duty police officer who was just sticking up for his buddies, until he got caught out.

I'm sure I read that on the BBC news website a few days ago, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: It was a fake email sent to the police claiming to be a witness, and it turned out it was another police officer who sent it:

THE ‘FAKE’ PLEBGATE EMAIL THAT COST MITCHELL HIS JOB REVEALED

In the message, the sender claims to be a member of the public who heard Mr Mitchell swear at officers after being told he could not ride his bike through the main gates near No 10.

edit on 24/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Apologies to all for starting the rival thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I knew it was bad form when I did it but I didn't feel comfortable adding to a thread that began as this one does. However, armed with the following information I feel much more confident. The analysis of the Plebgate footage here is the most thorough I've seen.

skwalker1964.wordpress.com...

The Plebgate affair is part of a concerted attempt to demoralise and destroy the traditional office of constable. The intention was to replace them with a private force of mercenary 'police' who would, as Mitchell himself put it, help the government.

For those unsure of the definition of the office of constable I offer this.

These are the constables who desperately need our support so that they can defend us in the future. James Patrick is now facing disciplinary action as a result of this video, his book writing, and his general naughty attitude that a policeman should be allowed to relay his personal opinions to the public. Particularly when the vast majority of the public have no idea of the extreme danger privatised policing represents.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not wishing to be vulgar but there are numerous indications suggesting Andrew Mitchell's behaviour on the day in question was to some extent a result of the effect his rich, curry lunch had on his bowels. Thus fell Rome.
edit on 26-12-2012 by Kester because: addition

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
More Fear MOngering, now from Keith Vaz (Labour MP)

www.bbc.co.uk...

"Take a police officer apparently masquerading as a member of the public, a confidential log book finding its way into the public domain, add the results of the Hillsborough Inquiry, which have resulted in thousands of serving and former police officers being investigated, and the fact that 26 out of the 43 police forces do not have a permanent chief constable, and you have a dangerous cocktail.

"This is a defining moment for policing. Cool heads, clear thoughts and strong leadership are required."

Seems to be turning up the heat on the current Policing direction.

How long until even the thought of private police force is mentioned? for 'trial runs'

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Hope my comment stays under this story. Anti Winsor Kester says just what you said.

Look for the story 'MP: 'Policing Is Being Damaged'

www.policeoracle.com...

top topics

join