It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel approves 1,500 more settler homes in east Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Israel continues to show its complete disregard towards the international community and the Palestinians by announcing 1,500 more settler homes in the illegally occupied East Jerusalem. There is no justification for these actions no matter which side you stand on when it comes to the Israel/Palestine Issue. The "God gave us this land because we are the chosen ones." excuse just doesn't cut it unless you are a deranged lunatic who lacks any morals.

They are thieves who steal land without any remorse for the people they displace.

Israel approved plans to build 1,500 more Jewish settler homes in east Jerusalem on Monday, an official said, days after provoking international protests against a project for another 3,000 such homes on land it captured in the 1967 Six-Day War.

Washington had condemned the latest plans, for ultra-Orthodox neighbourhood Ramat Shlomo, when they were published during a 2010 visit by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden.

Palestinians see the settlements as obstacles to achieving independent statehood. The settlements have been condemned by many countries, and the latest project is slated to be built on a portion of West Bank land Israel annexed as part of Jerusalem, in a move never recognised internationally.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms these Israeli actions and the determination of Israel to continue expanding settlements and in the process undermining the two-state solution," said senior Palestinian official Saeb Erekat.

"These are very dangerous and alarming steps. The Israeli government is showing its determination to contravene the will of the international community," the top peace negotiator said.

www.trust.org...

It seems that Netanyahu and his extremist colleagues don't care about peace and are still angry over the recent successful UN bid. Israel said there would be consequences if it went through, and I believe these are the consequences.

It seems like we hear about new settlements every other week now. The international community may speak out against these actions but they don't do much about them. The UN resolutions passed against Israel do no good since Israel simply ignores them.

How can anyone support this?

It's time someone puts an end to these illegal expansions.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: reworded a few sentences

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

"God gave us this land, we are the chosen ones"

This is drilled into peoples heads from the time they are born in churches all over America. It really is no surprise at all the people that backs whatever Israel does and thinks America should do whatever Israel wants. Israel will cry the usual we are doing this for our defense because everyone wants to kill us propaganda.

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I believe that the settlers are just as guilty as the Israeli government by moving into these places knowing it is on stolen land. Here is a video that is titled "Louis Theroux: Ultra Zionists" and shows several interviews with the type of people who move into these settlements and focuses on their delusional sense of entitlement to this land they are stealing. I'm not saying every settler shares these views, but you cannot be completely innocent while occupying stolen land.

vimeo.com...

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The arrogance of Israel get worse by the day.

It's no secret Israel are thrilled by the uprising in Syria, which's begs the question who's REALLY behide the Syrian conflict.

Anyway the Likud party in Israel are putting the nails into there confins as the days go by, the world is turning on them and for good reason, but they don't seem to care, under this crazy illusion it's gods will.

When the whole world votes in the UN and votes that Israel is wrong in what they are doing, what does Israel do, they say the world is wrong and Israel is right and this speaks volumes about modern day Israel..

You may of noticed most European Jews are now disagreeing with FAR RIGHT Israel.

And as for American support, i think America is finally realizing that Israel are not there friends and are actually behide the destruction of the once great America, with Jewish federal reserve and big money Jewish lobbyists controlling American foreign policy.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think you're just angry that jews are retaking from the muslim what they conquered 1400 years ago. Just wait till they get Mt. Moriyah and start rebuilding the temple.

+46 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I think you're just angry that jews are retaking from the muslim what they conquered 1400 years ago. Just wait till they get Mt. Moriyah and start rebuilding the temple.

It's not a religious thing with me. You are too preoccupied with your religious bigotry to realize the bigger picture. You are advocating the theft of land and displacement of people for something you say happened 1400 yeas ago, you are truly one messed up individual.

How about we send all the Natives down to the Ozarks and bulldoze your little church and your house, and your friend's and family's housestoo? It would be fair according to your post.

Why must you always let biblical fairy tales lead you to irrational thoughts and logic?

The scary thing is that there are a lot of people just like you, no wonder this world is so messed up.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

It's time someone puts an end to these illegal expansions.

Who would that 'someone' be?

How do you suggest they "put and end" to the expansions?

Serious questions.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

And as for American support, i think America is finally realizing that Israel are not there friends and are actually behide the destruction of the once great America, with Jewish federal reserve and big money Jewish lobbyists controlling American foreign policy

Unfortunately for America it will always have religious extremists such as lonewolf within it's society who blindly support Israel and it's disregard for international law and humanity. I wonder how lonewolf feels about his tax dollars paying for these settlements?

He probably hasn't figured it out yet though

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

How do you suggest they "put and end" to the expansions?

Put some serious sanctions on Israel until they start cooperating within international law.

We could even sanction them for the same reasons that Iran has been sanctioned for.

That would be a start.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Sanctions are for the most part ineffective, the Iranians haven't changed course, and as always it is the general populations that are harmed most by "diplomatic sanctions" not the regimes or the elite.

Is there any reason to assume that sanctions against Israel would be any more effective?

Israel's choices are limited, they can concede and attempt to make peace and as always it is seen as weakness by the Palestinians and enemies of Israel, and it wont be enough, the violence will escalate again, and the cycle will continue. The UN intervention in the Palestinian/Israeli conflicts has more often made it worse not better.

Good luck.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I forgot to add that countries who send aid to Israel, should immediately stop sending any more aid until they stop building settlements and lift the blockade and allow inspections of their nuclear facilities.

That would be effective in addition to the sanctions.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
U.S. Foreign Aid to Israel

According to this report, the Obama Administration requested $3.1 billion in Foreign Military Financing (FMF) for Israel for the fiscal year 2013.

Here a few snippets from the report, honestly it will blow your mind and what Israel takes from america.

“Since the October War in 1973, Washington has provided Israel with a level of support dwarfing the amounts provided to any other state. It has been the largest annual recipient of direct U.S. economic and military assistance since 1976 and the largest total recipient since World War ll. Total direct U.S. aid to Israel amounts to well over $140 billion in 2003 dollars.

Israel receives about $3 billion in direct foreign assistance each year, which is roughly one-fifth of America's entire foreign aid budget. In per capita terms, the United States gives each Israeli a direct subsidy worth about $500 per year. This largesse is especially striking when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita income roughly equal to South Korea or Spain.” - John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen M. Walt

An economist who conducted an audit for the Army War College found that as of 2003 Israel had cost Americans $3 trillion dollars because of the many associated and hidden costs of this money.

For example, Israel receives this massive aid in a lump sum at the very beginning of the fiscal year – unlike aid to any other country.

Since our government is operating at a deficit, this means that we borrow the money, deposit it in an Israeli account at a Federal Reserve Bank, and then taxpayers pay interest on this money long after it has been given away – while Israel makes interest on it.

It is failed policy that hurts everyone – both abroad and here at home.

This expenditure, unlike other governmental give-ways, it is never openly discussed, due to the power of the Israel Lobby – the most powerful lobby on behalf of a foreign nation in our country.

And if you want to understand how deep Israel has her claws in America, a book called The Israel Lobby by
John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt
is a great read and a real pandora's box of information and facts hidden by the Israeli powerfull lobbyists.

The Cost of Israel to the American People

Over the last 20 years, the U.S. has been slowly phasing out economic aid to Israel and gradually replacing it with increased military aid.

Beginning in 2007, the U.S. has increased military aid by $150 million each year. Beginning 2012, we will be sending Israel $3.1 billion a year (or an average of $8.5 million a day) and will continue to provide military aid at that level through 2018. U.S. tax dollars are subsidizing one of the most powerful foreign militaries.

According to the CRS report, “[current U.S. military aid] grants to Israel represent 18.2% of the overall Israeli defense budget.” Contrary to ordinary U.S. policy, Israel has been and continues to be allowed to use approximately 25% of this military aid to purchase equipment from Israeli manufacturers.

According to CRS, “no other recipient of U.S. military assistance has been granted this benefit.” Thanks in part to this indirect U.S. subsidy, Israel’s arms industry has become one of the strongest in the world.

“Between 2001 an 2008, it was the 7th largest arms supplier to the world with sales worth a total of 9.9 billion.”

So $3 trillion dollars is what Israel had cost America way back in 2003, god knows what it is now, after the Iraq war, which ironically benefitted Israel more then any one else (coincidence ?), America sure could do with that money back now don't you think.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

That sure is a lot of money that could be put to better use such as the American economy and infrastructure. There are many Americans who are struggling just to find work meanwhile Israel's sugar daddy, Uncle Sam, keeps on funneling money their way while there are homeless people starving in the streets of the USA.

You are certainly correct when you mention how deep these lobbies have infiltrated the USA, and as long as they have their claws in American politics, nothing will be done against Israel for their crimes.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

It's not a religious thing with me. You are too preoccupied with your religious bigotry to realize the bigger picture. You are advocating the theft of land and displacement of people for something you say happened 1400 yeas ago, you are truly one messed up individual.

How about we send all the Natives down to the Ozarks and bulldoze your little church and your house, and your friend's and family's housestoo? It would be fair according to your post.

Why must you always let biblical fairy tales lead you to irrational thoughts and logic?

The scary thing is that there are a lot of people just like you, no wonder this world is so messed up.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

How was i advocating theft of land? You can send native americans down to do whatever you want, theyre my people
and it's our land anyway, the U.S. pays us rent.

Cherokee Nation

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Vice did a piece on the settlers here Renegade Jewish Settlers

It shows them digging for "historical" items in the Palestine's West Bank so that they can claim the area off limits for cultural reasons

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

"God gave us this land because we are the chosen ones."

Thats it....Im going to kick my neighbor out of his house, take it for my own. I never knew things were that easy.

People who are sent by god to commit violent acts are usually called insane. How a government full of insanity is allowed on this planet is beyond my comprehension.

I was kidding about the neighbor thing, dont have 5-0 sent after me.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

They are thieves who steal land without any remorse for the people they displace.

I don't know where you live, but I can guarantee that it was stolen from someone. Why aren't you mad about that?

/TOA

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Israel continues to show its complete disregard towards the international community and the Palestinians by announcing 1,500 more settler homes in the illegally occupied East Jerusalem. There is no justification for these actions no matter which side you stand on when it comes to the Israel/Palestine Issue. The "God gave us this land because we are the chosen ones." excuse just doesn't cut it unless you are a deranged lunatic who lacks any morals.

You REALLY sound outraged by your PERCEIVED slights.

Instead of starting yet another hate-spewing thread... Why don't YOU go to Israel and set those 'thieving Jews' straight?

The problem is the Arabs are the world's worst warriors...

The only people they are able to beat... Are their women.

So the rest of the world is bombarded with their (AND YOUR) unending mendacity.

If your REVERSE CRUSADE is so justified and your cause so just... Why doesn't Allah step in and put those 'thieving Jews' in their place?

Again...

Apparently, the votes are in...

And the 'God' you seem to want to mock is squarely behind the lands rightful owners...

The Jews.

So why is it this cause you seem to want to support won't even let 'those Jews' even pray at the site of their lost temple?

The Truth is just so irritating isn't it?

edit on 17-12-2012 by golemina because: Left some stuff out.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Sorry buddy, theres no "truth" in your reply to the OP.
Except for the truth in you being another loon who believes that god chose certain people to rob certain land.
Forget allah and whatever you perceive as the truth, the fact is that israel only exists and gets to make these illegal moves because the US is ok with it.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So what! I just ran out of toilet paper, you want to post that too?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join