It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State is Doomed…and Other Reasons to be Optimistic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I was just reading about how all 50 States in the US have petitions to secede.

It seems like a very good idea to me. Why should the stronger states like Texas be made to prop up lesser states? Why should Texans have to pay for the Federal Governments 16 Trillion dollar debt? Texas would be better off as its own country.

This article does a great job of explaining why all Americans should be sucessionists. America is doomed and Americans have every reason in the world to want to delink from a corrupt and useless Federal Government. Its a great read.

There was an election in the U.S. recently. Now don't worry if you didn't catch the action. You didn't miss anything. Both of these guys are pro war, pro Federal Reserve, pro bailouts, pro corporatism
They agreed, in other words, on basically all the major issues.

That means anti-liberty...anti-freedom...anti-individual...anti, in a word, you. But...according to the system in place...one of them 'had' to win.

As the terminally quotable Emma Goldman once quipped: 'If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.'

Happily for us non-voters, we were once again the majority.
President Obama's re-election sent a secession wave across the nation. Or at least a ripple. I covered this in a Daily Reckoning column titled, perhaps optimistically, The Road to 7 Billion Secessionists. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was the Texans who led the charge.

Here's a snippet from their petition, as filed on a dot.gov website. (Because really...what better way to 'stick it to the man' than to visit his website and kindly beg of him permission to do so?)

'The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc.

'Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union...to do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.'

Seems a pretty reasonable list of grievances, no? And it wasn't just folks in the Lone Star State who were annoyed at the 'changeless change' coming to the White House.

Indeed, within a week of the election, some 675,000 rebels had inked 69 petitions, issuing forth from all fifty currently-united states.

Folks from Louisiana, Florida and Georgia were among the most enthused of the seditious lot, garnering 36,738...34,468...and 31,799 signatures respectively. Tennessee, North Carolina and Alabama all posted more than 30,000 names. Robamney has promised to grant a generous 'review of online proposals' to petitions that attract more than 25,000 names.

Ah...can you smell that freedom?

www.dailyreckoning.com.au...

edit on 17-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
While the numbers are sort of impressive re: the people who signed, you have to remember a couple of things.

First, you don't have to be a resident of a certain state to sign that state's petition. Many of the signatories on one petition are on all of the petitions, I apologise I can't find the article with examples, I'll have a look for it later and post it if I can, but you can just have a look at the list yourself.

Second, the US population is something like 320,000,000, while the total number of signatures for secession is something like 675,000 which is ~0.2%, while the total number of unique signatories is a tiny fraction of that.

Edit: figures.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Whether or not Texas should secede, do you really think the federal government would allow it?
Texas has so many resources that the feds are never going to let go without a fight. imho

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until people start learning the real truth in law and put in the study time to fully understand what has been stolen from them, actions such as this one will have little to no effect. I recommend starting with this thread full of study links to begin your education that has been kept from you. Cold hard facts backed by law and found with in the law dictionaries no patriot hype, such as the USA is not nor ever was a country and in fact each state making up the Union are each individual Countries. The big crime is our nationality has been stolen thanks to the 14th Amendment and why we no longer have freedoms/rights but permission/permits.

Thank you for your time.

top topics

join