It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big cat seen !!!! Lynx ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Big cat seen !!!! Lynx ???

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk

A FISHERMAN floundered for a weapon to protect himself after coming face-to-face in the dark with what he believed to be a lynx.

Phil Beach was fishing near Laporte Road, in Stallingborough, when he saw a "huge cat" – measuring three foot long and two foot high – picking up fish from the sea wall, and walking towards him from 100 yards away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
We have a fair few sightings of big cats around where I live from lynx to leopards.. I don't think it's silly that people are seeing big cats wild in the uk. Am sure there's a lot of people that had them as pets ect.... But as am on the coast and got one of the busiest ports in the uk near me I can't see why some thing wouldn't or couldn't come into the uk.

I think I might have a look around where the cat was seen as its only a 20min bike ride.

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I do believe there are probably big cats living wild in the UK...but i think this guy probably saw a dog. I mean, it was dark, he admitted that he panicked, and there was no one to correct him... as in shout 'Stop being a twat, it's a dog. Now sit down.'

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

I am assuming this is in the UK?

I was unaware that the UK had big cats like the Lynx. Very interesting read, generally big cats are very calm (compared to other predator) animals. Needless to say I'd be a little freaked out too.

Good read S/F

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Where I live (Georgia, U.S.) We have several species of big cats including bobcats, jaguars, and servals. I see them all the time in my backyard. Once had to even break up a bobcat and my dog from fighting. It's very commonplace here. I'm not really sure how servals got into Georgia, but they're definitely here.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So you can't pet them?

They're not big pussy cats?

Or maybe I didn't eat my cheerios this morning. I will get a bowl RIGHT NOW.

CUZ I've been petting them for 20 years!!!

J/k.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but when i think of BIG cat, Lynx is amongst the last two to come to mind
Lynx and Bobcats. Both actually can be tamed as a companion.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm sure Lynx used to be native to Scotland.

I want one...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Snow Lynx is so rare, even in regions where they are common locals can go their entire lives without ever seeing even one.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
For a layman it is often not easy to estimate the size of a mammal in the dark. I guess it could have been a savannah cat. These cats have become more common in the last years and are more often kept as pets than lynxes. They can become quite large (use google image and type savannah cat). Savannah cats also like water. Although the Eurasian lynx was native in Britain, it has probably died out on the island thousands of years ago.

Savannah cat club in Britain
www.savannahcatclubgb.com...

Wikipedia entry for savannah cat
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Some animals seem to be migrating, and moving to areas never before seen.

"Huge" cat would be something more like a mountain lion. 3 feet long isn't that big.. More like a really big house cat.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

A three foot long house cat?
Most dogs are shorter than that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

A full grown man grappling for his gun when he saw 3foot long, 2foot tall cat?? This is hilarious!! Just over dramatization, this was not a big cat sighting...please!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Driving down the Fosse Way about 15 years ago, it was dark. What I can only describe as a black panther, but a rather large one, crossed the road in front of me. It was one of the most amazing sights I have seen.

I have no doubt, even before my 'panther' experience, that there are some pretty big/unusual cats living in the wild in the UK.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I had a Savanna monitor that was 3ft.. big lizard.. small for a wild cat.
edit on 19-12-2012 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

sorry but where did it say gun ?

top topics

join