It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heroic actions of those involved in the shootings at Newtown. A different kind of thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this,yes,these outstanding women,both deceased and survivors,need to be remembered and REVERED.THESE are the everyday heroes without which a civilisation can Not hope to endure-these,and NOT the shallow materialistic celebrities that are being put on pedestals,for the sole achievement of being rich, goodlooking and hard partying.Bless these women,and their families and loved ones.Bless these absolute heroes.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just feel that its the names of the victims that should be memorized in everyones heads, not the murderer.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Here is a list of the victims names

Sandy Hook Elementary Victims' Names Released

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Rachel Davino, 29

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana M Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Dawn Hocksprung, 47

Madeline F. Hsu, 6

Catherine V. Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Lauren Russeau, 30*

Mary Sherlach, 56

Victoria Soto, 27

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison N Wyatt, 6

edit on 16-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I know I read a few things last night in another thread that shocked me to the core.. just how anyone could believe and say those things when we have members who live in that area and know some of the families touched is really beyond insensitive to me..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree fully that those teachers as well as even kids who help to herd the other kids into hiding are heroes in evyer where, and each should deserve a medal of Honor.

My only question is over the acts of the principal and the pyschologist whom the media claims as ' lunging at the gunman'.

Questions are:-
who were the witnesses who saw such an act?

Did the 2 brave women simply told the gunman to stop shooting, and was fired up immediately, they falling to the ground and watching in horror to their blood flowing out of their bodies, stunned, instead of actually covering the distance between them and the gunmen quickly and taking him down?

Why I post this is not to cast aspersion on these 2 brave persons, but only to ensure that the truth be known, because only the truth can save our lives.

Within room space environment - 25meters range, it is possible for humans to cover that distance under 2 seconds if he can get over his shock through training. A gunmen, no matter how trained, takes at least 2 seconds to bring up the rifle to fire blindly, and 4 seconds to accurately aim and fire, PROVIDED he is NOT expecting any response.

The chances of survival or at least delaying a gunman by an unarmed trained individual to response to gunman threats are high.

That report, if not true, will only make others think than running away and hiding are the solutions, which are a fallacy. In CT, the only reason the gunman was stopped was when the police nailed him. If they had not arrive, no matter where one hides, it is accessible through bullets fired randomly.

Perhaps there should be training for soft targets occupiers, such as teachers, bus drivers, shop owners, etc, to TAKE DOWN a gunman instead of running away. There is no solution to prevent sickos from searching out soft targets to strike, not even conducting schools or malls in a max prison.

Furthermore, Mankind will NEVER live in fear or allow cowards to lead humanity. We will be resiliant, and defy the odds, not by foolhardiness, but by truth and intelligence to overcome any issue that comes our way.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I wanted to share this post from another thread.

I think it belongs here too.

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Just Got sent this tear jerker! Have a tissue handy!

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA
edit on 16-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Great posts everyone. Keep them up

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Can any of you say you'd do the same?
I know 100% i'd do my best to kill the gunman in the first moments, but taking bullets for kids?

I actually don't know, and the thought really scares me. Heros.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Can any of you say you'd do the same?
I know 100% i'd do my best to kill the gunman in the first moments, but taking bullets for kids?

I actually don't know, and the thought really scares me. Heros.

For a kid, in a heartbeat. For a fellow adult, probably not unless they were family.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Some of the families have released photos of the deceased victims.

Faces of Angels

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
Some of the families have released photos of the deceased victims.

Faces of Angels

Everyone spouting off half wit theories needs to see these faces. Face the reality of it.

Sad when a batman reference on a map gets more importance here than the heroes of this horrific tragedy

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

People want answers and seem dead set on finding any ludicrous idea that suits their fancy... honestly i'm so tired of seeing these crazy conspiracy ideas and then i remember oh ya thats why i'm here haha..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

People want answers and seem dead set on finding any ludicrous idea that suits their fancy... honestly i'm so tired of seeing these crazy conspiracy ideas and then i remember oh ya thats why i'm here haha..

Theres a difference between searching for the truth and creating your own truth. Think about the kid from Columbine, he wrote that he wanted to take a plane and crash it into NYC. Does that mean columbine has something to do with 9/11? no. People on this site make a mockery of true conspiracy theories and theorists. I know we dont know the truth. I know we dont know everything. But not every living thing on the planet is a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

i couldn't agree more.. but as i look around these parts I wonder how many people here (on ATS) are truly that stable to begin with.... i certainly know folks get some really far far out there ideas and won't let them go... once one makes up their mind that the sky is falling very little didn't can change their minds until something else happens

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

i couldn't agree more.. but as i look around these parts I wonder how many people here (on ATS) are truly that stable to begin with.... i certainly know folks get some really far far out there ideas and won't let them go... once one makes up their mind that the sky is falling very little didn't can change their minds until something else happens

My hope is Dec 22nd clears some of them out. Luckily everything they have promised has been recorded. And when most are wrong about Dec 21, they will either have to admit they were wrong and were fear-mongering, or they probably just wont post anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
im bumping this. ATS needs something about the heroes and less about a map in a batman movie

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
All good parents are heroes too.

This was released to the media...from the mother of 6 year-old Noah Pozner.

This was her eulogy...

"The sky is crying, and the flags are at half-mast. It is a sad, sad day. But it is also your day, Noah, my little man. I will miss your forceful and purposeful little steps stomping through our house. I will miss your perpetual smile, the twinkle in your dark blue eyes, framed by eyelashes that would be the envy of any lady in this room.

Most of all, I will miss your visions of your future. You wanted to be a doctor, a soldier, a taco factory manager. It was your favorite food, and no doubt you wanted to ensure that the world kept producing tacos.

You were a little boy whose life force had all the gravitational pull of a celestial body. You were light and love, mischief and pranks. You adored your family with every fiber of your 6-year-old being. We are all of us elevated in our humanity by having known you. A little maverick, who didn't always want to do his schoolwork or clean up his toys, when practicing his ninja moves or Super Mario on the Wii seemed far more important.

Noah, you will not pass through this way again. I can only believe that you were planted on Earth to bloom in heaven. Take flight, my boy. Soar. You now have the wings you always wanted. Go to that peaceful valley that we will all one day come to know. I will join you someday. Not today. I still have lots of mommy love to give to Danielle, Michael, Sophia and Arielle.

Until then, your melody will linger in our hearts forever. Momma loves you, little man."

Victoria Pozner

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

all I can think of is how horrible I feel for those families.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Yes, she still has four other children to take care of.

I can't imagine the strength it must take to fight through the heartache and pain.

And still be strong for the rest of her kids.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

Yes, she still has four other children to take care of.

I can't imagine the strength it must take to fight through the heartache and pain.

And still be strong for the rest of her kids.

Oh my god. I didnt know that. Thats awful. Thats the type of family that deserves government help for as long as they need it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join