It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Hospital Shooting: St. Vincent's Gunman Wounds 3 Before Being Killed By Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Authorities in Alabama say a man opened fire in a hospital, wounding an officer and two employees before he was fatally shot by police. Birmingham Police Sgt. Johnny Williams says the officer and employees suffered injuries that are not considered life-threatening. Williams says police were called because a man with a gun was walking through St. Vincent's Hospital on Saturday morning. When he was confronted by officers, he started shooting and wounded one of the officers. That's when the second officer shot and killed the man.

Alabama hospital shooting

School, hospitals, nothing seems to be safe. Bless these police officers, it could have been much more worse!
edit on 15-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In other news, over one million responsible gun owners did nothing today

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yep, like somebody said, a string of shootings in safe places in close succession should drive the point home. Hello gun control.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Blimey! Good job the cops were there to finish this off before it got any worse.

What's going on?

Just a thought, are all these shootings, stabbings etc. these days done by people who foolishly believe the World is actually going to end on the 21st?

China, I think, had a school stabbing today also...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Another shooting in another.... Gun free zone...

I think I see a pattern here, do you all?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do we ban knives too? What about gasoline because one could start a fire and burn down whole buildings or what about items that can be used to make bombs?

Do you really think that someone that has bad intentions could not find a way to hurt people?

I had a man walk into my home in the middle of the night once...he was drunk and messed up and we waited on the police where we held our ground till they got there. I hated to think that we might have to hurt someone but was very glad for my husband at the time of having a pistol close to our bed...by the time we got up realizing someone was walking around our house and got downstairs, he was standing in the middle of our living room. What if he wanted to hurt us or rob us...or worse? We would of not been prepare for such a thing to of happened. I still dont know that mans intentions that night, maybe his intentions changed when he saw my husband come around the corner holding his pistol.
edit on 15-12-2012 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There should be guns along every hallway in public places.

Like those red handled axes that are behind glass, waiting to be used during fire emergencies.

There should be a loaded semi-automatic rifle every 20 feet hanging on the wall, painted red and behind a thin sheet of glass.

We need to make some changes, America!

I think it's time we really start bringing guns into the public sphere, and get the general population up to date with gun safety and marksmen classes.

If we can get the kids to have gun safety and gun training classes at a young age, we can prevent more tragedies in the future.

I remember I got my first gun when I was eight. A single pump bb gun pistol.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Blimey! Good job the cops were there to finish this off before it got any worse..

But hang on a second.
I thought the argument was that if there were armed guards, gunmen wouldnt go to those places at all.
At all.

eg. the "Batman killer went to the only gunfree theatre" argument.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So the only thing that stopped him was someone shooting back.

Too bad that'll be largely ignored.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Depends on the motive. Racking up a body count takes you to a gun free zone. Revenge or specifically targeted anger takes you to that specific target.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

In other news, over one million responsible gun owners did nothing today

Just because it not in the news doesn't mean anything... get the facts first, the top parts shows what law biding citizens can do...

edit on 12/15/2012 by Shdak because: Forgot the quote

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Apparently this guy was angry because his wife didn't get proper care and decided to come back to the hospital with a gun. This is pretty scary stuff if you think of it. You're not happy with something and you grab your gun, go back to demand it.

The man shot and killed by police at an Alabama hospital was angry that his wife wasn’t receiving the proper care, according to AL.com. Hospital staff told the man to leave on Friday night, but he returned early this morning with a gun complaining that his wife – a cardiac patient – needed better help.

Alabama hospital shooter wanted better care for wife, police say

top topics

join