It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens of Humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think after today people need to realize that humanity is not always as it seems. Not every person you meet is your friend, and not every person you meet is your enemy. But we still need to remember that these are PEOPLE. People with thoughts, feelings, memories, and morals. The only thing we ever really know as human beings is our own existence.. But that shouldn't limit our minds to our own immediate lives. People will carry on with their day to day lives unaffected, unscathed by actions of others. We take notice and say "oh my god" and then continue on with our miniscule ways. Is feeling enough? Are actions needed when one is approached with such a feeling?.. Not a whole lot can be done in most instances.. To express oneself over such a seemingly random occurrence almost seems pointless, unless it awakens a sleeping yet observant mind. I can only "hope" that the restless and grieving find peace in their long hard journey ahead of them. My condolences!

As a community member of ATS and a survivor of a school shooting (One of our members carried this act out) I can honestly relate to these people 100%. I know what they're going through, and it's going to be rough ahead of them. Lives will be changed forever, and people will be hurting for a long time. Trust me when I say this, a major positive will arise from the ashes in the long run.. Something so sinister and dark almost always burns inside someones heart who has been a victim of such an atrocity, eventually, they'll learn to use that dark feeling they have and better themselves or the people around them. As above so below, as below so above!

-L
edit on 15-12-2012 by MadSeason313 because: (no reason given)

join