It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the world needs now...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Love. Sweet love. It is the only thing there is just too little of.

Instead of hating my country for one man who took a gun and committed a horrific crime and hating America for our freedoms, just please send your love to the families affected by this horrific tragedy.

Yes, America has lax gun laws. Yes, America has lunatics that commit horrific crimes. I dont have the answers. I just know bashing my country in its time of need is not going to help. Calling those of us that believe in our civil rights crazy is not going to help. Fighting on here is not helping.

We need kindness. More than anything in this world, right now, we need compassion.

The families of those little angels who did not come home from school today, they need kindness.

Americans who have to send their kids to school Monday and are terrified to do so, but will anyway, because we cannot live in fear, well, we need kindness.

Every American is affected in some way by this tragedy. We all need love and kindness.

I am saddened by the fighting and bickering. I am ashamed I fell into the trap and argued myself on here.

I am sorry. I am so sickened and so upset.

I do not recognize my country. Have some compassion people.

When you go to bed tonight, hug your child really tight. There are families who are going to bed who will never get to do that again.

My country has issues. Theatre massacres, college massacres, high school bombings and massacres, business massacres, and now this. It is a scary place. To me, it almost feels like internal terrorism. I feel much like I did after 9/11.

Compassion, love, and kindness. Is that too much to ask?

I have not read one post from someone from another country saying anything kind today. It was all..."HA See what your lax gun laws gotcha" posts. So not cool.

I leave you with this..
What the world needs now,
Is love, sweet love,
It's the only thing that there's just too little of.
Is love, sweet love,
No, not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another mountain,
There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb,
There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,
Enough to last 'til the end of time.

Is love, sweet love,
Is love, sweet love,
No, not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another meadow,
There are cornfields and wheatfields enough to grow,
There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine,
Oh listen Lord, if you want to know...oh...

Is love, sweet love,
Is love, sweet love,
No, not just for some oh but just for every, every, everyone.

Is love, sweet love.
Is love, sweet love.
Is love, sweet love.

edit on 14-12-2012 by k21968 because: typos

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
America does not have lax gun laws.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Is that really the only thing you got out of all of that? In comparison to Europe, the Middle East and some other nations, our laws are more lax than most.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Its got nothing to do with guns or gun laws, it about manipulating the masses.

We dont hate americans, we hate those that contol you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The funny thing about this comment is that you don't think your country controls you...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is exactly how I feel about this whole event!

I wish that we could all stop arguing about the gun laws, how bad we are as a country, and help one another in a time like this. Even if it's not much, any small act can make a difference!

I know it's hard to be kind and showing love in times like these but trying is better than being negative about everything. We need to learn how to put aside our differences and come together.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I come from the UK.....I don't pretend to understand the gun culture in America because it's not something that as ever been a part of my life....but I AM a mother and that is something I CAN understand.

The threads this evening have sparked a lot of emotions.....but i can tell you that when i see my friends tomorrow the discussion we have will not be about your gun laws or any gloating....but the great sadness of these innocent lives lost. Please don't think that people in the UK wont care because we will!

On another thread I expressed how my thoughts were with the children, families,the community and the country as a whole at this time... I would extend that sentiment here also

I am truly truly saddened

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My heart breaks for children I never knew from a country I may never see. You have my sympathy and love. As well as any parent in any country who has lost a child. Somedays I wish I believed in angels and hell.
edit on 14-12-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Is that really the only thing you got out of all of that? In comparison to Europe, the Middle East and some other nations, our laws are more lax than most.

Our gun laws are not lax at all. If guns were a "problem", then there should be mass shootings in Arizona weekly since they went to constitutional carry, right?

Perhaps I am a bit short because of all the idiots screaming for gun control. Someone has to defend the constitution and I am not going to stand idly by while the communists use this tragedy as an opportunity to further their plan. I have two little girls and this event has caused me great sorrow and concern. But I am not giving up my constitutional rights, either. Not for anyone.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by VoidHawk

The funny thing about this comment is that you don't think your country controls you...

Me personaly? I try not to let them, I do not have a television so that ensures I'm less likely to be manipulated, do you have one? If you do then your being manipulated because when you finaly see how it DOES influence ALL that watch it you'll throw the damn thing out. Its the same with the newspapers too.
Stop watching and stop reading anything from the msm (and that includes much on this site!) and you'll eventualy wake up.

top topics

join