It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join Me If You Just Want To Send Well Wishes, Sympathies, or Condolences Only

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As a parent my heart exploded today. Working in hospice as a career, I am fully aware I can never truly empathize with the moms and dads, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, and more in CT, but I absolutely, wholeheartedly, and unashamedly deeply care. I have definitely seen my share of grief, loss, and the anguish that goes with it but I feel this tragedy is beyond all else.

There is so little I can do to reach out to the people who have to live this nightmare tonight, but I couldn’t just sit around and do nothing at all. I want to invite you join me in forwarding these families and the community in CT our prayers, hugs, best wishes, helping hands if possible, a shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to the anguish, or anything we can collectively provide.

To start, I want to pledge my unceasing prayers, my broken heart, and a promise to remember these children always. I can assure you their loss will never be far from my memory, and these families will therefore never have to wonder or worry that what was taken from them today will be forgotten. These children will have an enduring legacy as long as I am alive on this earth.

Even though I live in Texas, I have very direct contact to the school and the community through a co-worker who has two young nephews in the same school system. If you feel compelled, please contribute your support and condolences and I will see to it that our thoughts and compassion is sent to them as soon as possible.

Our forum community can do a lot of things, so I implore you that we debate any issues elsewhere. Do this for the children and their families.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

very well said i too as a father of a 6 yr old am just apauled and shocked of such a horrific tragedy of innocent young children.just wanted to ask how are you planning on sending prayers from others ? is this something to be done online or by mail?i would like to lend my support and prayers to these families.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

A thread of love: Hope: It is the most important of all of them as far as I am concerned, and I surely hope it gains momentum.
I too worked in Hospice for many years, and specialized later in Gerontology.
I am no stranger to suffering, and death. One thing I learned quickly is that sympathy is for the living.
It is for those that need support. I will spend time this evening reflecting and keeping all of those who are in so much pain in prayer. I will also pray for the father of the gunman. No one knows his shock. Nor his pain.
Further there are still some in the hospital that need support.
I indeed pass on all of the sympathy I can muster, and wish for peace for everyone involved.
This is one incident that should not be used or incorporated into a spin factor.

This thread is one of the most important I have seen come up on ATS today.
DH

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intheknow29

I intended to forward a written show of support but will inquire at ATS how to best do this. If the T&C allows me to print out a copy and mail it I will, or I may only be able to send someone in the area a link where they can come see how we ATS care about them. I would very much appreciate any input regarding your best suggestion and I am open to whatever makes the most sense. Maybe we send a copy of all or some of our comments to the local newspaper, or maybe we send it to every major media outlet. Maybe it is a mass approach or as subtle and individualized as possible.

Again, I will read the T&C and ask ATS mods what they can allow or suggest, and as far as possible I volunteer for any expenses, if any.

Thanks for making the point.

new topics

top topics

join