It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP For A Minute... JUST STOP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wrote this in another thread and i will write it again in this one...
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.. What is wrong with people. If you are disgusted with your own life, why hurt innocent people. Just seem cowardly to do this.
This whole thing is utterly appalling there is nothing on this Earth that can make up for the senseless loss of innocent children....peace,sugarcookie1 S&F Heff..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
...And this Heff is exactly why I could not wait until tomorrow to start defending my gun rights.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Heff, I am very thankful you wrote this.

I really can't say too much more, I'll either get stark raving mad and go off on a wild tangent getting me no doubt banned, or I will break down in tears again, and I can't do that because my kids are home now, and they will ask me why I am crying and I just can't look them in the eyes and begin to explain all this to them.

I am trying really hard to keep it together at this point, but I just wanted to let you know, I agree with your OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, I understand what you're saying.

But someone needs to send this little heartfelt rant to the politicians and the media. Because I can guarantee you they won't wait for the bodies to get cold, let alone properly buried, and mourned.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As another poster stated, I think this deserves an applause. I just found out about it when my mother in law called to tell me what had happened. My first reaction was to hug my kids (1 and 5) . I am apalled that this can happen. I worry about my children and their futures. My oldest son saw some of the newsfeed and asked me how can a person be so bad to kill kids his age. I don't know how to explain this evil act to him. It makes me sick and I'm not sure how to explain this to him in a way that won't make him more scared to go to school. He is in kindergarten and has already had to face inadequate teachers and bullying. Now he is scared that someone is going to shoot him at school. As for the people in the other threads who are focusing on the 2nd amendment portion of this crime, I can understand their worry and do not think that this means that they have no feeling towards the human aspect of this crime. In fact, the few that I have read plainly state that the crime horrifies them, but they are concerned about other aspects of it as well. Deep down, I am too.

edit on 14-12-2012 by blivey because: Typing too fast

edit on 14-12-2012 by blivey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fr3bzY

REALLY?!? Are you serious? I guess the 18 parents who lost a child today should just shrug it off. That is sick. The loss of a child is one of the...no...probably THE worst thing that can happen to a parent. It isn't just a poop happens kind of situation. And you are a horrible person for suggesting it. I just hope you never have to feel the kind of pain that these families are feeling.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good post Heff! I hope the children and families of this tragedy today will be in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

My heart goes out to the parents and the children. Words cant describe how these people are feeling. You know how sometimes we say walk in another persons shoes, we cant walk in these shoes nor do we want to. Christmas was coming for these kids,and for the kids that are still with us, Christmas will never be the same. This madman did more then just take the lives of 20 children he took the lives of a whole school full of children. People can talk about good and bad , but evil is just that ............evil.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I agree with your sentiment Heff, and I also disagree. Because as another stated the politicians aren't waiting. They aren't letting people mourn before beginning the next campaign. I will also expect the same level of moral outrage when people are doing anything but mourning the next time we kill children in the middle east with a drone strike.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine et lux perpetua luceat eis. Te decet hymnus, Deus, in Sion, et tibi reddetur votum in Jerusalem. Exaudi orationem meam, ad te omnis care veniet. Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux pepetua luceat eis. Kyrie, eleison Christie eleison Kyrie eleison Ut mortem tuam non sit inane.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you so much for saying this. The amount of people I've seen try to use this tragedy to strengthen their platform is absolutely sickening. Of course you have the pro-gun and anti-gun people trying to use it. Then you have the people trying to say video games caused this. I've even seen people trying to use this event to bad mouth Facebook. Give people a chance to grieve. Give a chance for the facts to come out. It's shocking how the people on here continuously point out how the media is trying to divide us and yet whenever an event occurs that should unite us we become more divided than ever. Just give it a rest people. A community suffers tonight and will continue to do so for the months to come. This is not a time to push politics and ideologies. This is a time to hold your loved ones close and remember those things for which you are grateful.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I only realized now what has happened in the US, and for what it's worth I'd just like to extend my condolences to the people of the US, and especially the families who had their children taken so violently and prematurely.

For a country at peace within its borders, and no civil war, this seems so perplexing and totally unnecessary.
My heart and mind are very sore for the parents and relatives of the victims.

I wish everyone in the US affected by this horrific tragedy strength and love.

edit on 14-12-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blivey

ow wait ofcourse...they are american kids...thats why its extra horrible...if it was a random Pakistani school clusterbombed by who knows, this would not even have been in the news.

again ... i think it IS horrible and i do not LIKE these things to happen...but no i will not get all emotional about it sorry
call me whatever you want...i really do not care

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thank-you Heff. Twenty babies are dead, I can't seem to find the words that I want to say. Every other thread on the subject made me want to lash out in rage and disgust and I did in one... I guess that it's true that anger is the easiest emotion to process. I thank God it wasn't my son or his school. I'm afraid, though logically I know that on a scale these types of tragedies are very rare.

My heart just breaks for the families affected, for the children lost for the children scarred for life, for the mother that couldn't help her son avoid the pathology that lead to this tragedy... it is probably a twisted blessing that she went first.

The only solution is that we need to build a stronger, saner society... we need to heal what is inherent in our society that fosters so much dysfunction and pain. Yes this man's family should have known better, should have done more... ugh I don't know. I think we need a few days to process.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Condolences to all on this tragic day..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The death of a child...no matter who's and no matter where...is a tremendous tragedy. I, for one, mourn for these children on a daily basis. Whether these deaths come by war, starvation, or genocide, the loss is just as great. The attack on the children in China is just as shocking...those children just as precious.

When 20 innocent babies are killed in your own backyard, so to speak, I think it only natural to be affected more deeply. It isn't that we care more because they are American; we are more affected because it happened in our "neighborhood".

My heart is broken for the poor little ones, the horror their classmates will relive for many years to come, and the agony of their parents' empty arms.

If you would like to mail sympathy cards or letters of support and solidarity to the school, the school address appears to be:

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

Sending a card is something small, but at least it's something we can do.

J
edit on 12/14/2012 by LadyJae because: grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you so much for sharing the kind words and the information.

Blessings,

Mija

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

No. This time we will not shut up and we will not back down. We will not wait for the NEXT one, then the NEXT one, then the NEXT one. These babies death will not be forgotten, I promise you that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yes indeed! An Atheist group I chat with sometimes is on and on about the Religious implications of child rearing!!!
Of all things!! I believe in the now about 200 discussions, a measly maybe dozen talk about WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! If this sparks any debate (to Me), about ANYTHING outside of the actual incident, it should be of security measures & such, & things we could do for the people involved if anyone is in a manner to do so? If I were anywhere near the area, ya bet your Arse I'd be offering whatever I could to whom ever I could!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It's precisely in this sort of event gun advocates need to speak up, because if we don't, then the other side will. They WILL use this to try and create stricter gun control, it's happened in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join