It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Married 65 Years Die Hours Apart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I read this a couple days ago, actually saw a video - and yeah, it's time to post it.

LaVerne and Robert Werner married 65 years ago, after Robert returned from World War II, and from then on LaVerne's life was about taking care of him. "He came first," their son tells the Tribune-Democrat of Johnstown, Pa. "Her first concern was always for him." When Robert developed Alzheimer's disease, LaVerne took care of him up until four months ago, when they moved into a shared room at a personal-care home. That's where, on Tuesday, LaVerne quietly passed away—followed, 12 hours later, by Robert.

In the video one family member tells a little more of their story. He was the first one - and only man she ever kissed. She was his 'sunshine'...

"They did everything together," son Barry says. "They didn’t always agree with each other, but if one went, the other was going to follow soon." After his mother died following a series of mini-strokes, Barry could tell "something was wrong" with his dad, he says. "I could tell by his actions that something was bothering him." But both died peacefully. "I think he heard her calling—that she told him that it was OK."
link

In the video (I still haven't found to post) - a family member went on to say LaVerne was with her husband when he died. She did pretty well though the family noticed she very soon began to 'fade'. By the end of the day - she was...gone.

Ahhhh! Found it!

Too lovely. Just too lovely. Dang it - went and got something in my eye - again.

Oh, and if that wasn't enough to give up a few tears for? Here's another story from about the same time last year.

Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands...

peace
edit on 14-12-2012 by silo13 because: video add

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
These stories always amaze me. Two people who are meant to be together, united as one, forever and always until death parts. But I don't belive death parts for long this type of love, dedication and fortune. I believe that just as on earth there are special and magical moments/circumstances/situations, in the higher ascensions, there are as well. Just my opinion.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I was told once by a 'minister' there is no relationship between those on earth and those - above.

Eeeerrrrt! Wrong!

I never believed our relationships here on earth end when we die. They don't. Our family, loved ones and especially our life partner? Yes, we'll see them again. We will.

And this couple? Well, I wish I would have known more about this kind of love when I was younger. I would have kissed one man, and stuck with it, with him. In the end it would have been worth it.

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I know.. havent even watched the vids,and ive got something in both eyes :-) Beautiful,this.And profound.Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I love stories like this and this is the way I want to go. I do not want to live on this earth for long without my other half.

Although I am not religious by any means, I have always had a feeling that strong connections we have on this earth somehow, in some way will carry on. I do not know how but I do feel this way.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

My great-grandmother passed away less than a month after my great-grandfather did. He passed a day short of his 101st birthday, she was 100! There was nothing physically wrong with either of them; the doctor's said great-grandpaw was just tired of living and great-grandmaw just didn't want to live without her man. Both died peacefully in their sleep. That's the way I'd like to go out!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah I'd like to 'leave' that way too.
Any good man out there want to give it a go and see if we can end up like them too?

Oh wait, this isn't a dating site!

Yes, it is a beautiful story and I feel pretty lucky to be able to share it - especially after one of it's kind last year.
Heartwarming is my favorite topic.

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
And thus another old timer dies. Soon their generation will be gone, then there will be no people anymore who lived in the times of the Second World War. It's good they died happy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is a very touching and beautiful story. I have no doubt whatsoever that they are together now and very happy. Happier than these physical human shells are capable of feeling.

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Gridrebel

And this couple? Well, I wish I would have known more about this kind of love when I was younger. I would have kissed one man, and stuck with it, with him. In the end it would have been worth it.

peace

Silo - I was married relatively young. I had 2 daughters with my first wife and...well after time we just didn't work out. No need to go into details or blame or anything, I think we both just liked the idea of marriage and a family and just rushed into it. In hindsight I would say that neither one of us was truly "in love" with the other.

Fast forward several years after my divorce, and much "playing the field", and this lovely woman whom I had worked with for many years and had gone out partying with her (and many other friends) many times - anyway we were all out celebrating her leaving the company. She had taken a job elsewhere and all of us went out for farewell drinks and all, and as the evening was coming to an end we admitted to each other that we had always really liked each other in "that way". Now almost 15 years later, we have been married for 13 years and have a daughter together and are truly best friends. Before her I thought the idea of a "soulmate" was just some silly little romaticized notion found in novels and movies...but I will admit that I was clearly wrong. My wife is my best friend, my one true love, and honestly she is my soulmate. We just fit so well together in every possible way. Sure there are some differences in opinion and some different likes and dislikes, but what we have goes beyond normal love. I know we are going to spend eternity together. And we didn't get together until I was in my early 30's. So my long drawn out point to you is that it doesn't matter if you've never been with someone before or if (like in my case) you've been with many different people - you can still find your one true love at any age. I know. I was skeptical and mocking of "soulmates" - yet even so it happened to me. And in the end, I hope we leave this plane of existance together like the couple in this story did.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was told once by a 'minister' there is no relationship between those on earth and those - above.

I think the more important lesson here, is not that there is some unseen connection to those "above", which may or may not be true, but that our will to live really plays a large role in our ability to stay alive. More often than not the people who survive tragic medical issues are the ones who stayed the most positive and/or had something to live for. When we give up hope or give up on any reason to stay alive, that's when we get much closer to death.
edit on 14/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was a nurse for 15 years before going into business for myself and it's fairly well known in medicine that if a couple has been together more than 25 years, there is a very good chance the living spouse will die within a year of losing the other.

Both sets of my grandparents did.

My paternal grandmother had a stroke and died in 1993, I went to Milwaukee to get nursing care lined up for my grandfather and ended up caring for him for the next 9 months until he died.

In my personal and professional opinion he died from a broken heart. I had managed to heal a foot ulcer that his MD had been trying to heal for 5 years. His BP was under control and his diet was very healthy.

My maternal grandfather died the next year from a stroke also, 6 months later my grandmother died.

Same deal as the other set. Nursing care came into the home and for the first time ever she had good lab values.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Think this happens with animals as well.

When my ex's cat died, a slightly timid cat, who seemed to live in harmony with the pet Alsatian, the Alsatian died a few days later after mopping about with no cat to look after.

Both animals were old, the Alsatian had the usual hip problems so the deaths were not unexpected, what was was the closeness of timing. It certainly looked like they were keeping each other alive.

I am sure that there is more to love and that it exists outside of humans.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Thank you for the post - there' a lot a wisdom there for anyone to read.
I really appreciate it on a deep level.
I hope you and yours are blessed and happy as even in 2013 and on!
peace

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I’ve wondered about this a lot lately.
My mother just passed away (in her sleep) a few weeks ago.
My stepfather is still living - and they were together for over 48 years.
See my point. Eeek...
But, that’s the way life goes isn’t it and I’ll be the last one to pretend I want an almost 90 year old guy to stick around just so I have someone to talk to on the Holidays.
Peace and thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Jeanie and i have been together, through Thick & Thin, 3 kids & for going on 25 years now ... and, to tell you the truth, since we first met, there's Never been Any other woman or Person, period, whose held my heart in their hands the way she has.

My Jeanie ...

Maybe one day, I'll find her 'bottle'

Great. Heart-Warming Story.

edit on 12/14/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ill allow you to use your imaginations, but let me be the first one to say.....

Im sceptical.......

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Had to wipe the tears after that one. What a touching story. I hope when I go, it's with the one that I love as well. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
aww

I bet this happens quite often.

I read an article about a year or so ago about twin brothers who spent their WHOLE lives together... they both became priests... They both died on the same day! Imagine that?!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Found the article about the twins

huffingtonpost.com

"It was fun to see them, just quiet, gentle souls," Yvonne Peace, who worked at the St. Bonaventure Friary for nearly 21 years, said Friday.

They died Wednesday at St. Anthony Hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla., Brother Julian in the morning and Brother Adrian in the evening.

Both died of heart failure, said Father James Toal, guardian of St. Anthony Friary in St. Petersburg, where the inseparable twins lived since moving from western New York in 2008.

"It really is almost a poetic ending to the remarkable story of their lives," St. Bonaventure spokesman Tom Missel said. "Stunning when you hear it, but hardly surprising given that they did almost everything together."

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
AWW such a touching story...

I hope I find a man like and live a happy life like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join