It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esoteric Meaning Hidden in Matthew 24

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
For all of you who lean toward the metaphysical and hidden meanings found within the world, let me point out a hidden meaning in Matthew 24. Many of you may participate in practices such as meditation, yoga, astral travel and the like. Consider what is being said in these verses about seeking God and Christ in the wilderness and the inner rooms of the mind. Of course, the wilderness is the world. The inner room is the mind in my opinion. These are symbolic references to seeking inwardly (Esoteric) and outwardly (Exoteric). Seeking God is not accomplished by either means. God is sought from our choices. The will to give and receive (Charity) over the will to take (Selfishness) is the key to finding what the soul searches for. This is because baptism is the point. We are immersed into the water of life for one reason--to repent of pride and self worship. Once we point the self toward others in humility and deference, we have found the kingdom of God inside and out. The cup is clean on both sides and we have overcome the need for the law. Love fulfills the law and allows us to see God on both sides of the loaf of bread. Here is the meaning below:

Matthew 24

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

---What happens when thieves rule? Debt. We are paying with the very world we inhabit. The thieves have taken beyond the point of return. This is how you see beyond this world:

23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

The key to knowing how Christ will come is found in the last two verses above and the verses below:

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

For More, see this thread.

Here is a quote from the thread above about the nature and meaning of the cloud in the verses above and the one below. Salvation is found above and below, not simply inside and out. All of the directions are filled with meaning, yet none of them are true by themselves. As you search, remember who you are. If you do, you know others as well. Unity comes from multiplicity. Unity is only found in Christ. Research the 153 fish and you will see why from the vesica pisces. I point you this direction for the next step in your search. It's a long thread and will take you in many directions, but the most important direction is up. Remember this.

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Cloud is the word nephelē. It also derives the word Nephilim, a cloud of evil spirits covering the people. This usage was shown in the book of Enoch 1 to describe the Evil Beings that corrupted Mankind. The cloud was the same as the one in Jude 1 and Enoch to describe Jesus coming in the clouds with an army of angels to rescue mankind.

When it says Jesus is coming in the clouds, why do the people mourn? For the first century generation that pierced Christ, the answer is obvious. For the rest of us, we realize that our sin was paid by the one that comes to remove the covering from us. The word Cloud denotes a complete covering that shrouds the land from the light. Clouds also defuse light to keep the earth protected. The Earth is our womb. There are many analogies in this symbolism when we see the connection. Faith is not fact because we cannot see beyond the veil.

When it says that Jesus is coming in the cloud, do you suspect that we will realize something about ourselves when the veil is removed and faith becomes FACT? I would suspect all the people are mourning for themselves by the fact that the Savior and Lord has appeared and removed all questions. Emotion does not begin to describe this event, knowing that our Savior died for our transgressions. We are all here to see this happen. All 7 billion souls are here now. The waters of baptism (Immersion into the water of reality) has prepared the way.

The vultures will gather and the wicked will be removed. This is a promise from God. Once the wicked have been removed (weeds in the garden), we will be restored and born again. What happens now, before these events, is Christ returning as the full loaf of bread. The only idol we can have is the one we make of ourselves.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Unless you see Christ in your fellow man (The slices), you will miss Adam on either side of the loaf. The heel crushes the head of Satan.

If you know the beginning and the end, you know all directions together.

Isaiah 46:10

"I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."

edit on 13-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I like it . I'm ashamed to say I don't put as much as much hard thought into the Bible as I ought to , it's a pretty amazing collection of books that offers an incredible amount of advice on practically everything .

Thanks for reminding me and rest assured that you've inspired me to do a bit of reading and thinking today .

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I would like to add. God will not be found in the inner room, or perhaps in the wilderness, but He can come and guide you out of there towards Himself. Not?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

For understanding of this verse it was advised to read the Qu'ran. God talks about himself as 'WE' often.

top topics

join