It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face to Face With The Real Hobbit! An Unexpected Revelation!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I did some minor studying and spoke with the guy who wrote "Dead Men Do Tell Tales" he has since passed away, but basically, once you get past the actual dimensions of the cranium, how far apart the eyes are, the basic nose width, etc. you have to give your best guess as far as how thick the lips were, the actual length and shape of the nose, etc. As I remember it, you can get a few ideas of what race it might resemble from certain measurements, but beyond that, they do take artistic license. It looks like they used features of Middle Eastern or perhaps Indian descent for their reconstruction. As a high schooler, our science teacher had a skull and wanted my brother and I to do a reconstruction. We visited with Dr. Maples to get some instruction as to how to proceed. We were both good at drawing, thus the little commission.
edit on 14-12-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So you finally got a mirror

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Pfffffft... Shows what you know. I look nothing like a Hobbit. I do, however kind of favor a zombie, or maybe some genetic hybrid of Jim Carey and Don Knotts.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, that's a frightening thought......... I may have nightmares from here to the New Years'!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join