It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing that I demand from almighty God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

I suggest you stop letting the world influence you and the foolish wisdom thereof sway your opinions,

Why don't you circumvent the foolish "wisdom" of the world, and go directly to God and His people?

Your god is a jealous child and the people who follow him are cowards. They are unable to face this world on their own two feet, so they rely on the ghost of a myth to carry them onward.

Read the Apocryphal Book of Wisdom, read the Psalms and Proverbs, read the Gospel of John,

then read some works by Saints of God such as Aquinas, Augustus and C.S. Lewis,

This will help you to understand the Master.

If he demands that I call him master, then he doesn't deserve my service. No respectable being will ever ask that I bow to them, not if they love me. Love knows nothing about master and servant, nothing about boss and worker, nothing about righteousness and judgment. Love knows about wanting to share everything that it finds pleasing. That's all.
edit on 12-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well here's how I look at.

I don't claim to know God, who or what he is for a very simple reason.

If a creation, wants to understand it's creator, then it must first understand all the things that the creator put here.

As we don't know anything. I mean literally anything about the mystery of life as we know it, how could we EVER claim to know what was beyond the creation?

It's non sensical. Humans are not supposed to know. We aren't every suppose to attain that knowledge. How could our mind comprehend something that is outside of our own existance or reality?

Easy, we can't.

We, we, WE, a more accurate word would be 'I'. Don't you think???
I can ASSUME that you think that resigning oneself to ignorance would be "Easy", convenient even. Personally don't think it's easy to go around telling people that they "don't know anything" just because I don't know everything.
Personally I think that the bible's more than a means to make money or friends, that it can actually be used in the aid of understanding a creator. Understanding all things is a part of the process, you just need to be teachable.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. -John 14:26

So, imo, telling others that they can't claim to know God just because you're too lazy to seek and find is a little non-sensical.

"Mystery of life"...just what are you referring to anyway?

I think we are supposed to know, that we are supposed to "attain that knowledge", and that our minds CAN comprehend something that can't be seen but IS within our own existance and reality.

People who don't love the truth don't go looking for it, and they don't find it either.

To say that "Humans are not supposed to know." is a cop out and a slap in the face to inquisitive people wherever they may be.

Sure people may think that they're just being humble by accepting ignorance, whatever excuses that are "easy" enough.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

I can ASSUME that you think that resigning oneself to ignorance would be "Easy", convenient even. Personally don't think it's easy to go around telling people that they "don't know anything" just because I don't know everything.

As you have just proven in that post, it's a lot harder to admit you don't know than it is to pretend you DO know. And you can usually tell the ones who don't know by how often they open their mouths.

The majority of your post is extrapolation based on groundless scripture which uses itself to validate itself. In other words, utterly worthless logic. Thanks for playing, and remember: it is not a sin to admit ignorance. It is, however, thoroughly unwise to fake your understanding and give everyone else the wrong idea.

I believe it's JiggerJ who has an admirable signature.

"I'd rather have no idea than live with the wrong idea."

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Wonders

As you have just proven in that post, it's a lot harder to admit you don't know than it is to pretend you DO know. And you can usually tell the ones who don't know by how often they open their mouths.

The majority of your post is extrapolation based on groundless scripture which uses itself to validate itself. In other words, utterly worthless logic. Thanks for playing, and remember: it is not a sin to admit ignorance. It is, however, thoroughly unwise to fake your understanding and give everyone else the wrong idea.

I believe it's JiggerJ who has an admirable signature.

"I'd rather have no idea than live with the wrong idea."

Wow, who came up with "pretending"? I don't see how the bible is worthless, it exists, it's real, you can touch it and open it's pages and try to understand it, or you can brown nose like you're doing now.
I know it's not a sin to admit ignorance, it's PATHETIC to resume ignorance for the sake of pithy and incongruent phrases and what grinds my gears the most is that these so called admirable folk are going around telling others that shrugging your shoulders gives you the right to trample those who are looking for answers..those who know that if they seek they'll have a better chance to find.
The fence is for cowards. The only people who would get the "wrong idea" are those who don't care to look for the right one, yet these folk who are telling others that "there is no answer" are giving others the wrong idea that "we can never know". It's a cop out. Get it?
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To take out a "profane" word.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Isn't there something in the T&C's about using profane language? The rest of that post was stuff that I've responded to dozens of times over. I'm not repeating myself.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Isn't there something in the T&C's about using profane language? The rest of that post was stuff that I've responded to dozens of times over. I'm not repeating myself.

I took out the "A word", hope that makes you feel better.
I don't understand why you're not jumping all over at the chance to prove what I said wrong, from looking at your other threads jumping down other people's throats I thought you'd find a way.
Oh well.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy
It sounds like who ever that is that you're worshiping isn't worth it . If God wants my worship or even loyalty then I'm to have to demand one little thing from him ; he's got to be at least as good of a person as me .
This goes for fundamentalist Muslims as well , who seem to think that God will reward them with the sexual favors of virgins should they incompetently get killed while doing things like murdering the innocent women and children of people they don't like , or even just affiliated with them . That sounds like pure evil to me .

So there you have it , I want God to be as good as I am . I'm not a shining example of humanity ,I've done some things I'm ashamed of , I wish it a was a few things over the whole span of my life rather than a few things a day , but oh well . So I don't think I'm putting too big a burden on the almighty with my little demand , I have supreme confidence ( some call it faith ) that this is already the case .

Why worship anyone or anything; who told you to do so, you rejected the Babtist, and why not go with your gut understanding of 'something is so desperately wrong here' and you cannot fathom why. There is your first clue you are being manipulated. This whole organized religion concept thats manefested is so out of control wacky backwards; and no reasonable fair system exists to put the truth brakes on. Warren Jeffs you are in Jail (betcha if YOU had to wear the hideous garments you made your 400 wives wear you'd be singing the shrill song of Sufferage).
edit on 12-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: anytime any reason, I'm a good sport

edit on 12-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: i before e except after b.s.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

If you're trying to provoke me, it won't work. You don't teach a brick wall to dance by throwing stuff at it. As matters stand, I can see it is no good discussing matters with you. It's simple: when you are dealing with a man or woman of faith, no amount of logic can move them, because faith doesn't require logic.

As such, I'm done with this particular conversation between you and I. I cannot convince everyone, and eventually everyone will learn with or without my help. Jesus probably would have wept anyway. Not just for me - for the entire human race. Even you.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

If you're trying to provoke me, it won't work. You don't teach a brick wall to dance by throwing stuff at it. As matters stand, I can see it is no good discussing matters with you. It's simple: when you are dealing with a man or woman of faith, no amount of logic can move them, because faith doesn't require logic.

As such, I'm done with this particular conversation between you and I. I cannot convince everyone, and eventually everyone will learn with or without my help. Jesus probably would have wept anyway. Not just for me - for the entire human race. Even you.

Alright, I have no problem with the idea that Jesus would weep for even me.
What can't you convince everyone? You aren't a brick wall and brick walls don't dance so I fail to see how you are likening yourself to a brick wall because I'm talking to you and not a brick wall. OR why would you refer to me as a brick wall, I TALK BACK.
Faith does require logic, I don't know how you came to that conclusion, care to explain?
IF there weren't evidence, if I didn't experience things for myself, I doubt I'd have faith. There is no faith without evidence of some kind, imo. Like the bible says, faith is the EVIDENCE of things unseen. The word "faith" exists because of the evidence otherwise it isn't faith, who would give their lives for someone or something they didn't trust in, why would they have a logical reason to trust a person without evidence.

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. John 21:25

See, according to the bible, a faithful servant obeys every word. That's why Jesus asked:
I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

I think God may lose his temper every now and then but would'nt you if you had 5 billion kids ?

That number is much greater. As you must add the numbers of the ones above, and the other places.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

I would suppose that is the mystery of Faith. What are the boundries between insanity and sensible devoutness
? Logic is out the window and I cannot tell the difference other than it seems pure for their impared or insightful belief system? The question is this (what the f***is that and what is ITS origin) where did they learn it?
edit on 16-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by Wonders

What can't you convince everyone? You aren't a brick wall and brick walls don't dance so I fail to see how you are likening yourself to a brick wall because I'm talking to you and not a brick wall. OR why would you refer to me as a brick wall, I TALK BACK.
Faith does require logic, I don't know how you came to that conclusion, care to explain?
IF there weren't evidence, if I didn't experience things for myself, I doubt I'd have faith. There is no faith without evidence of some kind, imo. Like the bible says, faith is the EVIDENCE of things unseen. The word "faith" exists because of the evidence otherwise it isn't faith, who would give their lives for someone or something they didn't trust in, why would they have a logical reason to trust a person without evidence.

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. John 21:25

See, according to the bible, a faithful servant obeys every word. That's why Jesus asked:
I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logic does not describe faith; "faith" is an unknown you'd gladly die for; and that is not to my mind a living breathing faithfull servant, more a Zombie Stepford Wife. Obey Obey or be the death of you; as in never entering HIS KINGDOM; personally I am tired of all of the threats of retribution and no proof thereof the Kingdom existing.

edit on 16-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: too easy sorry

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thus God asked: "The password?".
man: "hn..? .."
God: "What's the password??"
man: "Jesus is Lord"
God: "Saved!"

P.S. Wait 'til you get all those colours..
edit on 17-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Wonders

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logic does not describe faith; "faith" is an unknown you'd gladly die for; and that is not to my mind a living breathing faithfull servant, more a Zombie Stepford Wife. Obey Obey or be the death of you; as in never entering HIS KINGDOM; personally I am tired of all of the threats of retribution and no proof thereof the Kingdom existing.

edit on 16-12-2012 by vethumanbeing because: too easy sorry

I find that people like you are bACKWARDS, you are the one whose trying to zombify me! There is nothing wrong with obeying rules, depending on what those rules are. I wouldn't gladly die, saying so is idiotic of you.
There is a difference between a threat and a promise.
Here's something I thought you'd like, I'd be interested in reading all about your logic there:
ATS "Is Love Logical"
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: Remove junk.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

He might be one of the ones, wonders. sjeezus.. I'm sorry

edit on 18-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join