It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM Foods Being Secretly Added To UK Foods

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

GM FOODS BEING SECRETLY ADDED TO UK FOODS

www.dailymail .co.uk

UK Minister openly admits that GM food is being released mainstream with no labeling, no warnings and no options to know what your consuming.
The people who brought you thamaldide and diabetes are now going to spread even more ills
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-12-2012 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is big news. this could be very big and a real danger to all mankind. I believe we fundemently have the right to know what were eating but that choice is being stripped away from us, a very dangerous precedent and infringement of our human rights.
Fears over Frankenstein Foods are ‘humbug’, the new farming minister insisted yesterday, arguing that many Britons happily eat beef from cattle fed on GM crops.
Addressing public concern about the genetically modified food industry’s increasing influence, Owen Paterson said: ‘There isn’t a single piece of meat being served [in a typical London restaurant] where a bullock hasn’t eaten some GM feed. So it’s a complete nonsense.’
But the Environment Secretary’s dismissive response angered campaigners, who pointed out that consumers’ apparent willingness to eat GM-raised beef was simply a result of the food not being labelled as such.

www.dailymail .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

Wow!!!
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I really dont think they should be allowed to get away with this, its time for EVERYONE to stand up and be counted, we must make them realise we dont want that poison!!!

Interesting to note that THE ROYALS AND THE ELITE EAT ORGANIC FOOD grown on prince Charles's organic farms, if gm is so healthy and safe WHY do those at the top EAT ORGANIC?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Is it really that much to ask for our food to be labelled. There are a only a handful of companies responsible for this and it is evident that governments are in their pockets... Maybe people in the UK might want to phone Monsanto and let them know what they think.. 01954 717550... Peeps should also try phoning their supermarket requesting the removal of GM products...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Is it really that much to ask for our food to be labelled. There are a only a handful of companies responsible for this and it is evident that governments are in their pockets... Maybe people in the UK might want to phone Monsanto and let them know what they think.. 01954 717550... Peeps should also try phoning their supermarket requesting the removal of GM products...

Thanks for the number
Anyone dialing that number should do so from a public phone, I wouldnt advise using your own phone.
Good advice about moaning to the supermarkets too

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

As a result, shoppers cannot know whether their food has a link to imports of GM feed, such as corn or soya. Currently, the only way to avoid GM is to shop at Marks & Spencer, which has a ban, or to choose organic meat, milk and eggs. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Never knew that, I may have to consider M&S from now on.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well M and S is expensive but you pay for what you get!!!

So they price the plebs out of eating good Food....

I usually use Bury Market for meat and veg ... I use to work on there and I know locally sourced shops.

But its gobsmacking if you just eat at random its like a scene from the Deer Hunter ... Russian Roulette.

Apartame in drinks - Diabetes
in USA Corn Syrup --- obesity - Diabetes .....

God knows what else there doing ....

Thanks all replies its not my news its the Daily Mail but was hidden 3/4 down page

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

As a result, shoppers cannot know whether their food has a link to imports of GM feed, such as corn or soya. Currently, the only way to avoid GM is to shop at Marks & Spencer, which has a ban, or to choose organic meat, milk and eggs. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Never knew that, I may have to consider M&S from now on.

I usualy only eat organic but sometimes need food when on trips etc so nice to know that about M&S.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

This is exactly why I never buy my meat from a supermarket or any "shop". I go directly to the butcher (1 mile from my house) who is supplied by a local farm that has grass fed cows, free range eggs, lamb and more, that are reared less than 5 miles from my front door. I also buy all my veg at a store on the same street as the butchers, they are also supplied within a 5 mile radius and do not use pesticides, I can tell because my lips do not swell up and my throat does not close up when I eat non gm fruit and veg unlike supermarket garbage. Allergies can be a blessing

The best thing out of it all is that the price is far cheaper for everything than a supermarket too!

I consider myself lucky but it is the public as a whole that are to blame for this happening. People shop at these crapholes (supermarkets), they do not have too. I believe buying food should be a very important purchase if you wish to enjoy a healthy body and mind in the short term and long.
edit on 10-12-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I can assure you,
If the zombie apocalypse does become a reality
I will load as many zombies as I can into a trailer and drive them to the Monsanto Offices.
and release them onto the Monsanto scum

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the zombie apocalypse does become

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't understand how it's legal or even remotely ethical to be able to distribute food to people without labeling the contents. Countless people want to know what they're putting into their own bodies for energy and maintaining of health, and these scumbags are saying no?? In no rational world would that be allowed. Unfortunately our world is border-line insane, and corporations are treated like demi-god overlords to not be contended with.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Interesting to note that THE ROYALS AND THE ELITE EAT ORGANIC FOOD grown on prince Charles's organic farms, if gm is so healthy and safe WHY do those at the top EAT ORGANIC?

Anyone wonder if this is what will separate those who live through a global virus outbreak, and those who will have "upgraded" genetics maybe, that would leave them open to some new super virus??
Or is it just an overall poisoning from all angles to make one as weak as possible so that more and more succumb to natural ills, making it hard to track where the true killers lie?

Last word has double meaning as intended.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The politicians are always talking up the virtues of the markets, how markets will determine who wins and who loses

then they sneak gm foods in through the back door because they know if it was clearly labelled that the markets would make sure it failed

people have a right to know where their food comes from

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What about UK supermarkets?

Iceland were the first big store to completely ban GM ingredients from all their own brand products. (NB other goods on sale in Iceland, as in other supermarket chains, are not guaranteed.) Tel: 0990 133373

Marks & Sparks: a remarkable turn around at Marks & Spencer has created entire stores free of GM-soya and maize and their derivatives. This is a huge step forward for what has been a very pro-GM company. See re: animal feed above. If they get rid of GM enzymes and GM cotton in clothing, theirs will be a remarkable achievement. Encourage them to take those final steps: M&S: Tel: 0171 921 6000

Sainsbury's say their own brand foods were entirely free of all GM soya protein as of end of summer 99 and that it is working on the elimiination of GM maize and all GM soya and maize derivatives. GM tomato puree has also been taken off the shelves but they have been amongst the slowest on GM animal feed. Contact Sainsburys: Tel: 0800 632262

ASDA has banned all GM ingredients from any new "own brand" products. It is also asking its suppliers to find alternatives to soya and maize for its existing foods and it says it will eventually be GM-free but it seems a slow process and thye have also been amongst the slowest on GM animal feed. Let them know what you think: Asda: email - Tel: 0113 243 5435

Waitrose: Their policy is not to have GM soya and maize in their own-label products as of 1 April 1999. They say they contnue to work on the issues of oils, additives and other derivatives, and wherever possible their intention is to remove them as well. Contact Waitrose: [email protected]: 01344 424680

Safeway: Safeway has consistently been pro-GM and unsympathetic to consumer concerns. They seem, however, to have finally committed themselves to comprehensive labelling and removing GM soya and maize: 'We will label all ingredients from a GM source; this includes derivatives,' they say. When will it be achieved? Safeway: [email protected] Tel: 0181 848 8744

Tesco’s committed themselves to trying to go GM free, including animal feed. They do say they will label any products believed to contain any GM ingredients and not just GM protein but it has been a slow process. Let them know what you think: Tesco: email - [email protected]: 01992 632222

Somerfield: The company says it has asked the suppliers of its own-brand foods to source soya that is GM-free but where this is not possible they say they intend to label, including additives, 'as soon as possible.' They have not made the same kind of absolute commitment to going GM-free that Sainsbury's and M&S have. Tel: 0117 935 6441

Morrisons/Kwiksave/Gateway have not committed themselves to going entirely GM free but are not pro-GM in their attitudes.

Co-op. We are unsure of the Co-op's current position. Please ask them to clarify: [email protected]

What about the big food manufacturers?

Unilever (UK), Nestlé (UK) and Cadbury-Schweppes finally announced in late April 1999, after massive consumer pressure, that they were going to start phasing out GM ingredients in their foods as far as possible. Trading under the names Birdseye-Walls and Van den Bergh, Unilever are responsible for a wide range of products including Flora, Stork, Birds-Eye, Walls, Vesta, Colman's, Oxo, and Batchelors Beanfeast (which was Unilever's first product to be labelled as containing GM soya). They are very pro-GM in attitude. Tel: 01293 648000 (Van den Bergh Foods)

ngin.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Thanks for the numbers I phoned most of them and issued a complaint that GMO are not labelled....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Someone asked once of a spiritual master what his views were on Genetically Engineered Foods. His reply was it wont effect this generation, but in generations to come, a persons flesh will start to disintegrate...... and drop away........

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
are GM Crops really that bad? Yesterday on Radio 5 Live they had a segment to this and they were discussing GM crops unjustly got a bad name.

I think it boils down to marketing, especially in the UK, 'natural', 'organic' etc has often become synonymous with 'good'.

All the newspaper campaigns run against GM foods before the results of the Farm Scale Evaluation that were released back in 2003.

nanny culture at its finest. Heres an interesting quote.

"Consuming foods containing ingredients from GM crops is no riskier than consuming the same foods containing ingredients from crop plants modified by conventional plant improvement techniques," the AAAS executive board wrote. "The World Health Organization, the American Medical Association, the US National Academy of Sciences, the British Royal Society, and every other respected organization that has examined the evidence has come to the same conclusion."

edit on 11-12-2012 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
While this is a Daily Mail article, it would not surprise me if there was truth to it. I have developed food intolerances, which are often (but not always) brand related, for example Cadbury and Warburtons products, along with some supermarket own brand like Tesco and Sainsburys make me ill. It would not surprise me if these were the companies using GM poison, regardless of what they publicly declare.

The people behind this need to be strung up, and fed food laced with slow killing poison for the remainder of their days.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

people have a right to know where their food comes from

We know where the food comes from--massive, monocultured crops that have destroyed the soil and surrounding ecosystems to the point where chemical and genetic manipulation are necessary to keep the system running. I won't even get into the environmental implications of our current food distribution system. Suffice it to say that the way we produce and distribute our food is inherently unnatural, and is therefore unsustainable. The only way to be sure that your food is not only simply safe to eat but also as nutritious as possible is to grow or raise it yourself--a remarkably easy thing to do with just a little effort and attention.

I'm not sure how nuts the garden nazis have become in the UK, but here in the US you can still get away with growing a significant portion of your own food yourself, even in urban areas if you're willing to bend a few rules with the help of your friends and neighbors. I think this is the direction we'll ultimately have to go anyway, so we might as well start now.

<<   2  3 >>

join