It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Are Those Affected by Hurricane Sandy Doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was just wondering about those members who were affected by the storm.

Please chime in and let us know that you are alright.
Are you getting the assistance you need?
Are you back to "normal" yet?
And what have you learned from this experience.

It's been more than a month since Sandy, the superstorm combining a hurricane, a nor'easter and surging full-moon tides, tore through the Northeast, leaving billions of dollars in damage in the New Jersey-New York-Connecticut corridor. Now as survivors dig out and try to regroup from the Oct. 29 storm even as wintry weather moves in, some are coping better than others.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 9-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Peace,
K
edit on 9-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Now this could be just a rumor but I heard that there is a news and video blackout in New Jersey. It in nothing to panic about as it seems that it is being backed by the majority of local residents.

I did some digging around but all I could find was the following notice on an obscure website.

Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy the voters in New Jersey have requested a news and video blackout until such a time as a steady supply of hair gel can be reattained. We will return to our regular programming at that time. Our apologies to MTV............

edit on 9-12-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ok,was just asking.........

Throwing the towel in.....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The natives are getting restless.

I would say everyone has settled in for the most part, but businesses and employees are bickering back and forth about pay, and the Ins companies are getting a pretty bad rep. The buzzards are starting to show up looking for the easy cash.

There are some problems that are propping up here and there, but here in long island things seem to be settling down. It will turn out to be a good thing for tradesmen. Contractors that have become stagnant and lazy over the years are having a hard time, while new energetic companies are growing off the hook.

I'm having a hard time getting my guys to come in on the weekends because everyone is out there working for friends and family doing side work to help in the rebuilding.

I saw some pics the other day of the huge garbage piles over in long beach that have accumulated. They are starting to worry that it may become a health hazard. The heaps are football field size and 50' deep.

I found out today that two eighty foot tree tops broke off and fell on the deck of the tree house I built last summer. Amazingly the house was unscathed and the deck took the hit, the only thing that failed was the handrail and a couple of deck boards.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Kdog, so how is the solar thing working out for ya?

I install solar all day long for my real job. One of the coolest companies I've found is GoalZero if you are going to start small. I wouldn't mess around with the harbor freight stuff if I wanted anything that was going to be dependable and last. You could invest in quality equipment and get the same job done and also get your moneys worth. Let me know if you have any questions.

top topics

join