It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

The only reason I ask is because, if it only lasted a few seconds, it could very we be a broken up meteor. If it lasted for a few minutes, that would be strange.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A friend of a friend took this? And why did they take just the one? I know if a good sunset is up there you want more than just one to get the best view. And since this is Para-UFO-normal it would fill the chip in the camera. From beginning to end.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here is a picture of something similar:

The person who took this picture felt it was a light pillar. Light Pillars are an atmospheric phenomenon caused by flat ice crystals and bright light sources, as I explained in this post on the previous page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the source for that above image:

Source (In Japanese)

The web page above is in Japanese, but here is the text associated with that image translated using an internet translator. It's a rough translation, but it gets the point across:

Decorate the winter sky

When there are clouds in the Toyama Bay in the sky pale streaks of light may be seen what this night sky. This is the light pillar. Isaribi has become a strong light source, it is small (some ice crystals in the clouds. So I became a pillar of light to be reflected) ice crystals.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
A friend of a friend took this? And why did they take just the one? I know if a good sunset is up there you want more than just one to get the best view. And since this is Para-UFO-normal it would fill the chip in the camera. From beginning to end.

I play an online war game with other military vets and one of them posted the pic today on our homepage.

He said that a friend of his took the picture 6 years ago while they were on a trip in Alaska, and that it didn't last very long.

I don't know the person who took the picture, but he has shown it to other people to get their impression of what it is.

I told him I knew of a good place to post it to get educated opinions, and here we are.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We're being invaded by desk lamps

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

If I smear vegetable oil on the window and then take a flash picture, the flash reflection on the window might look like that? Look at the patch of window around the light "bars" and tell me it doesn't look like the window is dirty with something. Just wondering...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Bingo...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Looks like a reflection in a window. Some sort of light fixture.
Nice effect, but I have seen other photos that remind me of this.
I'm guessing the photo was taken inside a building or inside a vehicle.

Oops SSimon beat me to it.

That is what happens when you only read first page of posts.

edit on 8-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Does look very similar in shape to this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
last exchange on FB homepage between another member and the guy who posted the pic,

The only other thing I can think that it was (other than that cloud formation) is spotlights like you see at a car dealership; other than that who knows.

to big to be spot lights and way to loud went boom and then screamed all the way down

So there was a load boom, then a screaming sound.

Still hoping he'll register here to answer questions directly.
edit on 8-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The picture looks to me like it is a glass window and what you see is the reflection of the room or vehicle with a light on the ceiling.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Looks like a ceiling light fitting reflected off glass .

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm so glad I found this thread, I have a picture of strange 'rainbow' like circles of light that I captured in Burlington, Ontario. I will post tomorrow when I upload the photos!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It looks like Photoshop/CGI to me as is evidenced by the size of the pixelization of the sky's background and the fineness of the detail of the foreground, the falling objects and the cloud object above them.
reply to post by chr0naut

On first glance at the picture I thought photoshop as well. There is no difference where the objects dropping would naturally reflect off the water below as it clearly gives off light in the sky. Even if those objects are quite high up the light would at the very least cause some lightening of the water colour directly beneath. The cloud looks like a painting.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Pretty interesting pic op got me thinking about it ...scratches head..

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Superman villains.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Thought you might like to see it with different contrast...

Interesting picture, thanks for sharing. Would love to know where it was taken and by whom...or did you state that and I missed it?

BAW33
edit on 12/8/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Yukon Flats Alaska 6 years ago.

I like the different contrast, it really cleans it up and shows the cloud better.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'd be inclient to space junk. Something coming trough the clouds, that's for sure. Not sure about the junk, but that i gathered. Not light pillars, as said earliar. I know atmospheric phenomena, and say that from experience.

And never mind my typos, i'm drunk.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

www.pfrr.alaska.edu...

Seems as though there are some testing areas around there...I took this picture from this sight...

Not saying it is the same thing, but maybe what we are seeing here is a rocket launch...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join