It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato approves Patriots Missile Defence for Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nato approves Patriots Missile Defence for Turkey

www.bbc.co.uk

Nato has approved the deployment of Patriot anti-missile batteries along Turkey's border with Syria.

The long-expected move emerged from a meeting of Nato foreign ministers in Brussels, and amid growing fears that Syria could use chemical weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We hope to god that Syria does not commit genocide and the Assad and his government will be promptly stopped from such attacks with biological weapons.

Turkey is not a country you want to be find messing around with either.

So what does everyone think is there a big need of Patriots Missile for turkeys protection and will this cause a big war.
Or will this piss Assad off even more.

Syria in the last few months has been in a civil war as such what does the Syrian Military have that posses as threat other than biological weapons ?.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-12-2012 by deviant300 because: Correction to Sentence

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think they are just a deterrent.

I doubt they'll even be used, I don't think either side is stupid enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I didn't think they would actually be approved I must say. Hopefully its just window dressing, but I thought the gesture to apply for the missiles in the first place was just for show. I was wrong about them getting approved so i wont say they wont be used.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Rut RO Ragy!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
I didn't think they would actually be approved I must say. Hopefully its just window dressing, but I thought the gesture to apply for the missiles in the first place was just for show. I was wrong about them getting approved so i wont say they wont be used.

A member of NATO requesting a defensive weapon system because it feels threatened is pretty much a slam dunk. What member of NATO would ever vote against that. Turkey could ask for pretty much anything it thought it needed to defend its border and NATO would approve and send it because the next time it could be anyone of them. The missles will be used if stuff keeps getting shot over the border. From what I understand it will be mostly German and Dutch with some American as well.
edit on 5-12-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

top topics

join