It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Oiling of America" (and "How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm posting this lecture as a complement to FissionSurplus's excellent thread The Biggest Lie in Medicine: The Cholesterol Conspiracy. It's a bit lengthy at about 2 hours, but is densely packed with info. It really lays bare and leads you through the history of when, why, and how it was we were diverted from eating health promoting saturated fats (like butter, lard, tallow, etc..) to the health destroying vegetable/hydrogenated oils (margarine, soy, corn, etc...). She also covers how measuring cholesterol came to be used as a metric in heart disease, and how doing so instantly created an avalanche of "patients" (re: customers) whose cholesterol need to be "controlled" with medication (and, thus, a huge windfall for all players involved).

Again, can't recommend it enough. Don't worry if you don't have the time to watch it all at once, just try to make it through piece by piece (like I did):

The Oiling of America

And, when you're done with that, here's another lecture that's just as good:

How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by deometer

S&F What a great thread topic. No wonder we are among the fattest people on the planet. People just don't want to know or you would be getting more stars and flags. I find it telling many other countries demand American Mfg send them food products MINUS the harmful chemicals and additives they allow to be used in ours, here in the USA. We are like a great test and control group. It is shameful, criminal and needs more attention. People aren't even aware that Supreme Court Judge Clarence Thomas has a vested interest in MONSANTO. He worked for Monsanto and always rules in their favor. Just shows how naive and gullible we are.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is truly why ATS is so great.
To expose such a large conspiracy, yet remains unheard of.

I am impressed with the knowledge of the speaker in the video.
She seems to present an excellent case...with facts and detail.

As of today, I am switching back to butter, eggs, red meat and cream.
You oil advocates and margarine swamis can shove it.

The people had it right the first time.
All it took was the greed of men to change an entire generation.
Molded into their hands from elementary school throughout adulthood.
Things need to change.

We have to stop money from ruining this once great nation!

Most excellent video!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Glad to hear you're making the switch! One thing you're gonna wanna try to do is be on the look-out for "Grass-fed" versions of those things (or "pasture-raised," in terms of the eggs). I get my eggs, meat, and milk (raw milk...meaning full-fat, unpasteurized, and unhomogenized) from a local farm that utilizes a technique known as "management-intensive grazing" popularized by a guy named Joel Salatin. Here's a quick rundown of his closed-loop, biomimetic (i.e. following nature's methods/wisdom) system:

The only reason I'm willing to drink that as "raw" milk is because of those techniques, the grass-diet, and the excellent care. Industrial/factory farmed raw milk consumption would be dangerous, and the only reason it's slightly edible is because they pasteurize it. Here's a great video from one of the top farmers in the raw milk business:

In terms of butter, here's a great/comprehensive infograph that was recently released:

www.bulletproofexec.com...

There are some pretty solid "Grass-Fed" butter options at some grocery stores. I've gotten Kerrygold on a number of occasions:

kerrygoldusa.com...

This excellent article from Mark's Daily Apple lists a few more:

www.marksdailyapple.com...

And, remember, the "low-fat" version is not healthier.

Thanks for the excellent comment, and it's absolutely criminal how much damage has been (and continues to be) done! Like you said, it's a good thing we can start exposing their lies and manipulations. Hopefully the message spreads far and wide!

top topics

join