It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans unshakable faith in thier dominance.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Sounds like a plan.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Ahhh... There they are.

Sorry, had to. Us Americans require, and greatly value our friends and allies.

Can't walk with only one leg.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

Is it a Chinese or American aircraft carrier?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Is it a Chinese or American aircraft carrier?

Top is the Chinese one, bottom... You can guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by mr10k

As I said it's just general impression that I get nothing personal against any individuals.
Aplogies if I offended.
*opens bunker*

How the hell do you derive your impressions of citizens just from the media, a few members on ATS, and the government?

I know it sounds like I'm mad, cause I am. Nothing personal against you, just when I wake up I log in to ATS, check the Top-Flagged, Top-Comment and Top Threads, and when I see nothing but ignorant statements, biased opinions and threads about 'a diamond shaped spirit' or '9/11 never happened' or other 1-minute made threads combined with my crankiness I get heated.

I apologize for opening fire on you, fine sir.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I can't believe the Tories decommissioned our (UK) only aircraft carrier.

Ah well, we're getting two new shiny ones soon.

Unless they sell them to the Chinese!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
As an American I can tell you that there are many places in our country that are ever bit as bad as some of the worse third world country.

Forget those living in abject poverty There are many millions here who have little or no safe drinking water, many Americans have to drive hundreds of miles just to get water.

Our health system is the laughing stock the world over and the only thing anyone ever says about our public schools is that the bullying problem has become epidemic!

No our faith is not unshakable. we know we have problems we know what we should be, still have dreams of being better than we are. We are not so quick to believe everything our leaders tell us.

Still on our own without help from the powers that be, try to make our little corner of the world a better place and that is something to be proud of.
edit on 4-12-2012 by MajorMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I can only base my opinion on what I observe, my ex GF is a brit that was brought up in New Jersey she was seriously suprised to find out the US lost in Vietnam, I was dumbfounded.No need to aplogize to me. My experience of americans is limited I freely admit. Just saying that's the impression I get which would suggest that is what the world sees. I have met many open minded americans on this site and applaude them. But I would suggest they are the minority.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I know Iknow.
This is not anti american it's more a sort of a wake up call.
The overiding impression I get of our american cousins is that they feel unbeatable. That as long as the USA backs it, it's freedom and good for the world.

I know I'm in for a rough ride on this thread but hey guys, seriously you think China can't give you a run for your money?
O.K. less nukes but still enough to wipe the USA off the map.

We brits would screwed as well; but at least we can see it.

Just a few figures to get us started.

Don't kill the messenger

Just a start

edit on 4-12-2012 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by cody599 because: Fear of grammar nazis

Ok without "killing the messenger" Tell ya what, heres a fictional scenario and you can fill in the blanks.
The US will go crawl under a rock for 20 years and sever ties with the world; that means:
no trade/no aid
no foreign naval presence
complete shutdown of all overseas bases
no internet communication/ global
no seat in the UN
no overseas phone calls/global
no intel sharing/global
No interference in global matters/ no global voice
Closed borders, sealed tight
no satellite signal for television/global- just local
No radio communication/global- just local

Just stopped all this with the world for 20 years; just did our best to avoid everyone; but kept on operating within our own borders. Forget the nuke scenario OP, just think about a complete isolation from the US. What do you think would happen? What does anyone think would happen under this scenario? Just an honest question with no mean, sarcastic or smart-alek rebuttals from me in reply.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I agree. Honestly, America needs to forget the rest of the world and fix our problems first. Then help out. I spent 6 years in the Army at the end of the Cold War. All of a sudden I wasn't a soldier to defend America, I was a f&$%ing policeman for the rest of the world. Screw that. When my time was up, I got out. No offence but I never heard of Kuwait until we were being thrown over there to limerate them. Ahhh Oil perhaps. If not, why did we not help all of the African countries that have been taken over. I am not a cop for peoples money. Military service has now become twisted in to something other than what I believe. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
ok you want some numbers, here from the web site Globalfirepower.com that was mentioned in the article you posted in the op.
i've been referencing GFP for a long time.

first GPF doesn't count nukes

GFP provides a unique analytical display of data covering global military powers with statistics compiled through various sources. All manner of countries are considered in the ranking, a spectrum helping to produce a near-complete comparison of relative military strengths from across the globe. The user should note that nuclear capability is not taken into account for the final ranking for this listing is purely a "numbers game" meant to spark debate and including nuclear weapons would clearly defeat its purpose. Therefore GFP comparisons are for consideration in a conventional war based solely on each individual nation's capabilities on land, at sea and through the air while including logistical and financial aspects when waging total war. Sources are stated whenever possible though some statistics are estimated if official numbers are not available.

look at two category's total aircraft and aircraft carriers. well three naval units, everybody knows that you have to dominate in those areas to be superior. besides china's' stuff is no where as sophisticated as the U.S..
and if you look at the aircraft, 18,234

that's more than the next four countries combined.
and you got to rule the skies and seas. to win.
and the article you posted has a few numbers wrong.
edit on 4-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Or just possibly there would be peace ?
We would just have to do without you.
We did it before you were 'discovered'

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Or just possibly there would be peace ?
We would just have to do without you.
We did it before you were 'discovered'

Sounds good to me. Maybe we'll find out someday.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join