It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 1 detects unpredicted new realm at edge of Solar System: Magnetic Highway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Good one!
Yeah and the first thing they want to know is if we paid our intergalactic highway tax. And if that dangerous piece of junk (voyager) is properly insured.

edit on 4-12-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Then they will inform us quite rudely that not knowing the law is no excuse! LOL

P

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think we should launch a series of probes at different intervals, all connected via a microwave/laser communications system to one another. That way we could ascertain the true composition of our solar system in a more real time fashion and also allow comparative data from different perspectives(different readings from different distances).
edit on 4-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

"your vehicle was found abandoned in an un-spaceworthy condition by the edge of the highway and has been impounded for universal safety"

We even put gold licence plates with the address on it to send the fine.
Human race third stone from the (a) sun

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Time to relearn stuff!

Electric Universe anyone?

it does make the brain theory sound more than just a theory

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
would be kinda cool if we broke through to interstellar space on the 21st

maybe thats what the mayans were predicting....

maybe we will learn something we never even imagined... just imagin...

like we pop our bubble kind of thing?

no i doubt it as comets must break through it on a regular basis

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Im sure this has been mentioned in a thread a few months ago......

Eitherway, I will mention the same as I did on that thread.

In the late 1980s a book was published called "Contact From Planet Koldas", which is about a 20 year episode of an Earth person contactee, with humans from a Planet Koldas, Anyway in one of the recorded messages, the Koldasian explains how they travel thru space.................Are you ready for this!!! Note this recording was made in 1968...the book says.

The Koldasians told Edwin that they travel Thru space in their Electro Magnetic craft.......

VIA the Magnetic HIGHWAYS that exist throughout the Universe and connect one planet to the next, one star system to the next, one galaxy to the next etc etc....
The said they travel FASTER than the speed of light on these highways..

From 1968!!!! this knowledge was told.

Note: these are not my tales, read for yourselves...

rune.galactic.to...

Also note, that Solar winds from our Sun, can travel at 800km per second or faster....thats 3,000,000 Kilometers per hour.....Earth to the moon in 3 minutes or something......
edit on 3-12-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

things like this blow me away maybe he was told about this
and like i always say theres some truthin every story

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Very exciting news! S&F! I've been waiting for this for ages now.

Taking all natural laws into consideration we are just about to impregnate our neighbor and maybe creating our future rival. The Voyager-evolution will begin in the next solar system it enters. Jokes aside, I'm thrilled we are finally getting there.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
what if it is an actual protective layer for the solar system, like a bubble membrane. if the voyager pierces this membrane the bubble could pop and the solar system could come into problems?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The first thing that strikes me is that something has traveled through these areas causing the particles to move in the direction of whatever traveled through there was going. Is it possible that the Voyager happened to fly through the interstellar highways the various alien species are using to enter our solar system?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I just made a thought... Think when we can finally use the warp engines and we can cover distances at a drammatic rate how emotional it would be if we could retrieve voyager and bring it back to earth where it could be an exhibition thing...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
you do realize that when it hits the edge of the bubble,
it will go POP! and thats the end of are solar system...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's really quite a coincidence, that our next big step, which is to leave the solar system, seems to be happening around......the same date that the media is hyping up about being end/change times. Massive coincidence.

Not falling for it after the olympics tho

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It sounds very similar to the magnetic reconnections which allow solar particles to enter Earth's magnetosphere. You know, those "breaches" that are often misinterpreted as holes?

It's kind of suprising that this would not have been expected.

Ah, you are referring to the multi-dimensional portals that NASA is covering up, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Time to relearn stuff!

Electric Universe anyone?

You beat me to it...
2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
I just made a thought... Think when we can finally use the warp engines and we can cover distances at a drammatic rate how emotional it would be if we could retrieve voyager and bring it back to earth where it could be an exhibition thing...

Yeah, we need to do that before the Klingons blow it up for target practice...
2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just some interesting facts.

1. Speed 37,000 mph

2. Distance from Sun 11.5 billion miles

3. Leaving the magnetic bubble that surrounds the Sun but not the field of trans-Neptunian objects that are controlled by the Sun's gravity. It will take another 14,000 years before Voyager leaves the Oort Cloud and 38,000 years before it comes within 1.7 light years of another star.

4. The Voyager's engines will die in 10 years. Currently, scientists can still manuever the craft in order to point the antenna in different directions.

5. V'Ger was a Star Trek story about the return of Voyager VI

Source

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I do feel this is signifigant... I mean we didnt know it was there, so that in itself requires further research. And just imagine if we can use that to travel... maybe thats natures 'natural' solution to interstellar travelling... On another note, it would make sense that this is partly the vehicle to moving all of the materials around the void, allowing celestial bodies to form. just throwing ideas around

Moving forward, what IF its an actual highway...

Note: Would some sort of solar sail work to ride it?
edit on 4-12-2012 by AnonLover because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One imporant aspect: This is a "layer" of sorts, it's not an actual "path" that extends outwards.
As far as we know it is one of the layers that mediate the exchange of energy and matter between the Sun's medium and the interstellar medium.

Again, this is AFAWK, but I don't think that this is an explicit property of the interstellar medium as a whole but a result from it's interaction with the sun's heliosphere.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Interestingly, there is the theoretical possibility that this unpredicted ''Magnetic Highway'' could be in some way fed or influenced by the gravity columns of a black hole, theorised to span more than the seperation distance between galaxies.

www.eurekalert.org...

So where did all that black-hole energy go? Intense radiation, powerful winds and enigmatic magnetic fields are three of the most important channels for transporting this energy away from the black holes. Some models suggest that the radiation released when black-hole systems formed in the early universe is responsible for re-ionizing the universe after recombination. But to a large extent, radiation has very little dynamic impact once the matter becomes very dilute. Similarly, kinetic winds tend not to propagate very far before losing most of their energy within the galaxy.

But enigmatic magnetic fields are a different story. Working with the University of Toronto, Hui Li of Plasma Physics and Stirling Colgate of the Theoretical Astrophysics group have accounted for a significant fraction of a black hole ’s energy in magnetic fields. The magnetic energy is carried away in the form of neatly lined-up columns of magnetic fields that propagated to a distance slightly larger than the average separation distance between galaxies.The field ’s unique nature of containing a large amount of energy while occupying a limited volume causes magnetic fields to remain dynamically important for a long time, perhaps as long as the age of the universe, according to Li.

More unpredicted Galactic Magnetism

Within a roughly 600-light-year radius from the center of our galaxy, there is a dense region of stars and the molecular gas that feeds the formation of said stars. Prior to star formation, this molecular gas is pulled into vast molecular clouds that are pulled into two elliptical orbits around the black hole that anchors the galaxy at the center by magnetic field lines that exist there. These two massive loops of molecular gas are nested, one inside the other, but they intersect at two points on the galactic disc, and at these intersections both the molecular gas clouds and the magnetic fields collide, changing the behavior of both. For the molecular clouds, research suggest these collisions cause the compression of gas that triggers active star formation. For the magnetic fields, the flux in the magnetic lines causes a strange pillar of magnetism to arise perpendicular to the galactic disc, extending "up" and "down" from the points of intersection (the illustration below, supplied by Keio University, might help you picture this). That would explain why some of the molecular gas in this region might be pulled into a column above and below the neat elliptical orbits of the main molecular clouds. But why the helical structure? It's somewhat mysterious, but the researchers have a guess. They describe this magnetic tube running perpendicular to the galactic disc as being influenced by the frictional contact between the two main clouds (they describe this as similar to twisting a straight string by rolling it between your thumb and forefinger; eventually it takes a helical shape). This twisted magnetic field gives us the strange "pigtail" feature rendered above. It might be dismissed as a phenomena if two other helical structures had not also been identified near the galactic center, suggesting that this strange magnetic behavior isn't isolated or completely anomalous. The researchers aren't quite sure what it means for our understanding of the region near the galactic center, but it should lend some insight into the strange magnetism taking place there.

NASA finding new black hole in Galaxy

Voyager's 2011 Heliosheath unpredicted find that has remodelled the previous standard model (images of old /new)

The case of cosmic rays is illustrative. Galactic cosmic rays are subatomic particles accelerated to near-light speed by distant black holes and supernova explosions. When these microscopic cannonballs try to enter the solar system, they have to fight through the sun's magnetic field to reach the inner planets. "The magnetic bubbles could be our first line of defense against cosmic rays," points out Opher. "We haven't figured out yet if this is a good thing or not." On one hand, the bubbles would seem to be a very porous shield, allowing many cosmic rays through the gaps. On the other hand, cosmic rays could get trapped inside the bubbles, which would make the froth a very good shield indeed. "We'll probably discover which is correct as the Voyagers proceed deeper into the froth and learn more about its organization1," says Opher. "This is just the beginning, and I predict more surprises ahead."

edit on 4-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join